You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Still want Fekir but maybe we’re leaving space for the likes of Ojo and Curtis to come through? Might not be the worst thing, especially in Ojo’s case. He looks ready, to me.

I’ve never thought that much of Ojo. Looks championship level to me. Mind you I don’t think much of Ejaria either, so maybe I’m just racist.

• Upvote 2

@JPercyTelegraph
#lcfc have agreed a fee with Liverpool for goalkeeper Danny Ward. Coming in as competition for Kasper Schmeichel, not as a replacement. Ward set to meet with Leicester in next 24-48 hours #llfc

Shame. I thought we thought he had potential so am surprised it's a sale rather than a loan.  Karius must be staying at the club. Or Ming.

Great news on Ward. Very surprised it's a Premier League club in for him.

One thing that Edwards has really done very well with is improving how we sell players. Obviously he'll never top getting £14m for two players who never even looked that good in our reserves (Kevin Stewart and Brad Smith) but he just keeps selling for more than players are worth over and over again.

You'd think by now clubs would start to figure it out and just stop buying from us, but as long as they are we should take it. People are talking about £20m for Ings! Wonder how much he's managed to steal from Leicester for Danny Ward.

I’ve never thought that much of Ojo. Looks championship level to me. Mind you I don’t think much of Ejaria either, so maybe I’m just racist.

You might be right, mate. Personally I’ve liked what I’ve seen in terms of pace, threat and delivery from out wide - I think he offers something a bit different to what we have. Definitely think he can be a danger against the lower level teams of the league, and useful in the cup competitions etc. Helps the home grown quota, too.

I think it is a fair fee for Ward. He had a successful loan at Aberdeen and a very successful loan with Huddersfield as well as being capped by Wales.

You compare to say Pickford, who had a few loans to the lower divisions, then a loan to the Championship and then 1 season in the Prem when his team got relegated, and he went for £30m. If we'd loaned Ward out last season, like we should have done, we could have got double I reckon.

Southampton have just signed Gunn from City for a similar amount after just 1 season on loan at Norwich

• Upvote 1

If it's true that Ward's fee basically pays for Shaqiri, then Edwards deserves a knighthood.

Edit: Wait, was that why we went to the press about Ward being our new number one? Just imagine the balls on Edwards, going into the meeting with the Leicester people.

"Well of course he's £12m. He's Liverpool's number one goalkeeper, what do you expect?!"

Haha, yeah, Ward number 1. A couple of days later we’ve near doubled the world record for a keeper and sold Ward for 10m.

It's the fastest a goalkeepers fortunes have changed since Westerveld, on the day Ged signed Kirkland and Dudek.