You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Still want Fekir but maybe we’re leaving space for the likes of Ojo and Curtis to come through? Might not be the worst thing, especially in Ojo’s case. He looks ready, to me.

Apparently Klopp said the other day ge went to Fulham a boy and came back a man. I still reckon he will go on loan to a premier league sude though as he can only play wide..

Do wonder if Mane might drop into the Coutinho role. He did drop a bit deeper after he left last year and his form really picked up. Obviously completely different style but his driving runs from deeper with Shaqiri/Ojo wide might be worth keeping a eye on in ore season

Best equipped to challenge City just means you'll finish 20 points behind them rather than 30 and should have top four sown up by April rather than May.

We're lucky the manager doesn't do the shopping and there's no cohesion with their signings too or else united would be miles away as well.   Perhaps this year we can actually take advantage of that for a change.  

People are going to have to be very fucking patient with Klopp and what he's building here.  Dummies being spat out in the last two seasons that we over-achieved in suggests not and now there'll be the added scrutiny of but he's spent blah blah blah...it's all his squad...why aren't we winning every game.

City should still be overwhelming favourites but we really should be looking to top 85 points this year. If we do anything can happen. Need to improve results in the top 6 mini league next year. Few extra wins there,few extra city defeats and who knows

• Upvote 2

City should still be overwhelming favourites but we really should be looking to top 85 points this year. If we do anything can happen. Need to improve results in the top 6 mini league next year. Few extra wins there,few extra city defeats and who knows

That's the exact target I think we should aim for.

Can't do anything about what City do. If they finish on 100 points again, well, then they deserve to win it. But if we can get to 85, then we can put ourselves in position to threaten should they stumble somewhere along the line, or if they have an injury to a key player or two.

If I were pressed to make my best guess at what will happen I'd say City will end up somewhere between 89 and 92 points and we'll get around 86. And while I'm sure our rivals will mock us for that, for me that would be a successful season, even if we don't win the league.

Can't see anyone overhauling City, but I'm naturally pessimistic. In fact I'm not sure we'll finish above Utd or Spurs. Getting someone like Fekir might change my mind.

I suspect its going to be a ride though. We're a great team to watch.

Can't see anyone overhauling City, but I'm naturally pessimistic. In fact I'm not sure we'll finish above Utd or Spurs. Getting someone like Fekir might change my mind.

I suspect its going to be a ride though. We're a great team to watch.

We were only a few points off them last season. Do you think Naby, Fabinho, and Alisson won’t add points?

We were only a few points off them last season. Do you think Naby, Fabinho, and Alisson won’t add points?

Hopefully, but that assumes other teams don't do better than last season. But yes if other teams falter, we don't have key injuries, ref decisions go our way and the wind blows in the right direction then who knows......

Could this transfer window be as pivotal as the Beardsley, Barnes, Aldo one? Fucking hope so. It’s easy to be optimistic in July and a salutary lesson can be learned from our blue neighbours. Not to get too bullish before a ball has been kicked. But if we can get that Fekir deal over the line or a player similar to replace Coutinho then we really could be in business. I haven’t felt this good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!

• Upvote 1

Im obsessed with signing Fekir now, if we do it would truly be a statement that we’re back and we are going to challenge this year, the news that Ox Chamberlain out until at least March, says to me it’s neccessary. I think we are going to be some side next season, I just cannot see us giving up those silly goals we’ve given up in precious seasons and our attack is probably the best in the country. We’re coming up the hill.

Yep, I think if we can get that Coutinho replacement in then we could be flying. It would be an incredible window and this is what should be happening.

I am not sure about overhauling city, we only just finished 4th!

Let's just make sure we don't run out of steam this time.

Would love a cb, lb cover and a striker to replace our 4 useless ones but you can't have it all.

Could this transfer window be as pivotal as the Beardsley, Barnes, Aldo one? Fucking hope so. It’s easy to be optimistic in July and a salutary lesson can be learned from our blue neighbours. Not to get too bullish before a ball has been kicked. But if we can get that Fekir deal over the line or a player similar to replace Coutinho then we really could be in business. I haven’t felt this good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!

Nonce
  • Upvote 1