You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I'd sooner keep Mignolet than Karius. Karius is a complete joke in this country now.

I was going to say this too, but I decided that I didn't like the thought of showing him any support so I didn't bother.

Mingolet is the opposite of most players who need a decent run of games to get going, he tends to be OK when he's not played much first team football and first comes back, and then gradually goes to shit after that. I reckon he'd do a decent job in the earlier rounds of some of the cup games, and might even learn something from Alisson.

I feel like Karius would not only be too thick to learn anything from Alisson, he'd be too stupid to figure out why he's suddenly been replaced by him.

I imagine him looking up at Alisson wearing his AB1 gloves, then down at his own LK1 gloves up and down multiple times and not being able to understand what's going on and why there's another guy wearing his shirt number, tilting his head sideways like a confused pooch.

We have two very talented young keepers in Grabara and kelleher and jurgen rates them both. Think they will fight it out for number 2 position and play in some cup games. One of them may go out on loan as i can't pick between them. I'd have grabara very slightly ahead. It's the end of karius and i think mig will be sold to balance the books a bit.

Having said that an older keeper like ochoa who is competent would be great but he's probably too good to accept this role and wouldn't want to lose his place in the mexico team.

Time for some amusing Spurs ITK. Please let it be true.

Who: Ali Z

When:21/07/18

Where: SC

ali z: I am going to try and make these easy as I can to understand, we do have money to spend, that is not the issue. The issue is we have 6/7 players we want out who are clogging up wages and a spot in the squad, the transfer market ending early is an issue as nearly all the interest is from abroad and they know they can wait and get bargains, as I understand we have no bids for these players, we can't just buy and have 4/5 players unregistered.

As of this morning I was told we have incomings lined up but we need outgoings to make space, Dembele may well stay as no bids and we don't want him out.

If we just added to wage bill we without seeing players out it would be financial suicide. In addition as HY said grealish is pretty much done.

Who: Hercules

When: 21st July

Where: SC

Hercules said:

Let’s get something straight here. HY is not wrong. But now the club are leaking through their connections. As far as I know with more information which I dear not share, this is ALL DL’s fault! I have no agenda against him. But his games of bluff and dear is backfiring. And I warned about this when those were championing early TW closure, and believing that we (EPL) could call the shots to buying clubs-we can’t!

There is no way we will put 6/7 players in sales I’m next 2 weeks! Absolutely no way! So from HY’s info then, we are fkd!

We have to complete our incomings, and do loans, and whatever ‘risks’ are needed, they have to apply. The club bought this upon themselves, by trying to be too cute.

Very sorry; that happens to be the truth and the issue.

If we were looking for a centre back what about Godin?. Apparently he has some release clause in his contract now where he could leave for 20 million euros. However he might not want to leave Atletico and come here to battle it out with Lovren to partner VVD.

He's 32 but is an out and out defender and can organise a defence well. Tons of experience. We've been linked with that Vida as well for a similar price but Godin is miles better.