You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Why would they think that Salah's representatives can be in a position to 'offer' something they don't own? Maybe they're going to try and sell Anfield naming rights at the same time? Good set of lads.

As for any interest in Barca from Mo, who knows, maybe Salah now hates Madrid so much that he's made it a personal crusade to never see Ramos win another La Liga in his career? He seems the type to hold a grudge.

Shaqiri has a ridiculous amount of natural talent, he also has a ridiculous amount of calories for one so small.  oh, and he's a lazy twat who has positional discipline.

Why were we linked with £60m signings and now we're looking at relegation clauses ?

Definitely signing Butland.

Shaqiri has a ridiculous amount of natural talent, he also has a ridiculous amount of calories for one so small.  oh, and he's a lazy twat who has positional discipline.

Why were we linked with £60m signings and now we're looking at relegation clauses ?

Definitely signing Butland.

How does that work then?

As a back-up/rotation option, Shaqiri seems a decent option at that price.

No he doesn't. This would be back to doing what we always do - make do with fill-in's while others properly strengthen. If one of the front three get an injury keeping them out for several months, do you really want Shaqiri playing in that role?

• Upvote 3

Bordeaux are said to be actively looking to offload Malcom. Apparently his entourage have a habit of setting up a campsite in the stadium car park on matchdays, causing massive congestion. The French club are reported to be keen to see the back of all the Malcom tents.

• Upvote 2

As a back-up/rotation option, Shaqiri seems a decent option at that price. We need somebody who can play the wide role. I think he could play the number 10 role too.

I wouldn't mind him coming in, provided he's not being looked at as a first team player.

He could play those roles of course.  In the same sense that Lallana, Ings, Chamberlain and a few others could play them.   

Sign him as our wide cover and we'll be in the same position, reliant on our front three with nothing on the bench.

This whole notion that a player is ok as long as he's not in the first team is exactly why we've a shit bench and always falls apart when the player is needed to play and not all that surprisingly isn't actually good enough.

• Upvote 2

No he doesn't. This would be back to doing what we always do - make do with fill-in's while others properly strengthen. If one of the front three get an injury keeping them out for several months, do you really want Shaqiri playing in that role?

We've got to be realistic though.

There's better players. Like Dembele, Brandt, Pulisic etc. But, are they going to come and be willing to sit on the bench?

The squad is paper thin. Most teams, City aside, will have a drop off in quality from first XI to squad options. If we get an injury, I'd rather Shaqiri wide with Salah up front, than Salah where he usually plays and Ings or Solanke up front.

If we get Simon and Shaqiri and sell Sturridge and Origi, it will likely make little effect in our overall spending ability and will improve our depth in an area where we've been lacking. Remember Lallana plodding in Kiev?

Klopp appears to have areas he wants to prioritise on. Fekir and a keeper, probably Alisson. If we get these two and then have options like Shaqiri and Simon from the bench, the XI and the squad has improved, for me.

Would have obviously preferred a Dembele, Malcolm or Pulisic but with the recent links to Moses Simon and Shaqiri, it really looks like we do not believe there will be much left over if the Fekir and Alisson deals go through. A Coutinho replacement and a keeper should be our priorities, so if a cheap back-up attacking option mean we can get these two in, I could live with this. Otherwise, these would be pretty underwhelming targets.

As a back-up/rotation option, Shaqiri seems a decent option at that price. We need somebody who can play the wide role. I think he could play the number 10 role too.

I wouldn't mind him coming in, provided he's not being looked at as a first team player.

Well he wouldn't be surely as he's got no chance of getting ahead of a fit Mane, Salah or Firmino. I think this could be an OK signing. He's got a bit of a wildcard element to him, much better than anything we have available now.