You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I don't think Klopp thinks Karius is sub-standard and I think anyone who thinks he should be sold or even loaned out is more than likely going to be disappointed. I think the priority is clearly Fekir/a similar player and a player to provide competition for the front three, particularly one who can spell the 2 wide positions (Dembele, Pulisic, a similar player). If there's money there for Alisson or Oblak after taking care of that then I can see us trying to make a deal, but if there isn't then Karius will be our goalkeeper until at least next January.

It's why I don't take the Butland links seriously at all, he's not better than what we have and I've got no idea why he'd come here as a backup. Regarding Ward, I feel like every game he doesn't play in he becomes a better player on paper. Admittedly I've seen very little of him, but clearly there is a reason he wasn't ever given a real look in last season.

I do not think Klopp is going to bomb Karius out of the club but I would be majorly suprised if he does start the season with him. He did take him out of the team after a number of goals were blamed on him and I cannot see how he starts him in the league after the Champions League performance myself.

Other than that I think you are spot on about Ward. People want him in the team because of Mignolet and Karius gaffes but that does not make Ward a good keeper never mind great. I think Klopp said Ward had to show some things in training for him to be selected which suggests his performances in training do not inspire confidence in him.

I am ok with not signing a world class keeper many seem to demand. Yes it would undoubtedly be great and I would welcome it. I am not on the Butland bus and think we can do better. Of the two top keepers we are linked with I would prefer Oblak primarily because i think Allison being Brazilian would eventually want to join Real. And we all know how that would end.

We have to replace Karius. He wasn't good enough before Kiev and he isn't now.

I know what I want. Same as most people who post on here. I just don’t think it will happen. The parallels with Moreno are startlingly clear. Go back and read some of the vitriol aimed at him after we lost in Basel. Jurgen Klopp is one head strong stubborn mother fucker! Anyone thinking he is going to bomb Karius out and go out and blow £80 million on a keeper is going to be sorely disappointed.

I really hope I’m wrong. But I just can’t see it

I think Jurgen will realise Loris has to move on for his own good. it is not in anyone's interests he stays with such a massive cloud hanging over him.

He can rebuild his career back in Germany and will probably be in the German World Cup squad in 2022/26.

• Upvote 1

I know what I want. Same as most people who post on here. I just don’t think it will happen. The parallels with Moreno are startlingly clear. Go back and read some of the vitriol aimed at him after we lost in Basel. Jurgen Klopp is one head strong stubborn mother fucker! Anyone thinking he is going to bomb Karius out and go out and blow £80 million on a keeper is going to be sorely disappointed.

I really hope I’m wrong. But I just can’t see it

I can hopefully. Moreno cost us a final and now so has Karius, time to learn from mistakes, even for Klopp. Buy a solid keeper no need to spend £80m.

Every time we say "couldn't be any worse than Mignolet", the keeper in question takes it as a challenge to prove us wrong.

I expect Butland to be the same.

Loads of fans: Whoever it is, they can’t be worse than Mignolet.

Karius: Hold my beer.

• Upvote 3

Butland - to win titles and cl's?  Nah

The Liverpool Way has been replaced with: "Can't be worse than".

One of the biggest and richest in the world with a manager like Klopp needs to be aiming for number 1 in the world and moving down the list accordingly.

• Upvote 1