You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Its on

Paulo Dybala to Liverpool: Shock Juventus transfer could happen as Jurgen Klopp eyes deal LIVERPOOL reportedly want to sign Juventus hitman Paulo Dybala on the orders of Jurgen Klopp.

Dybala could leave Juventus in the summer, having endured a rocky season in Turin under Massimiliano Allegri.

Liverpool could spend big on a blockbuster name as they hunt a replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who joined Barcelona in January.

And Mediaset Premium say Liverpool are keen to sign Dybala when the transfer window reopens.

The Reds have money in the bank from Coutinho's sale, having pocketed a huge £142million from his sale.

Liverpool are already in possession of one of the most formidable strikeforces in world football.

But Dybala could add a new dimension to their attack.

Mediaset Premium say Juventus are already preparing for his departure and are eying a move for Atletico Madrid hitman Antoine Griezmann.

Yet Liverpool face a fight to prise the player away fron Juventus.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona are also in the race for his signature.

Its on

Paulo Dybala to Liverpool: Shock Juventus transfer could happen as Jurgen Klopp eyes deal LIVERPOOL reportedly want to sign Juventus hitman Paulo Dybala on the orders of Jurgen Klopp.

By JACK OTWAY

Dybala could leave Juventus in the summer, having endured a rocky season in Turin under Massimiliano Allegri.

Liverpool could spend big on a blockbuster name as they hunt a replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who joined Barcelona in January.

And Mediaset Premium say Liverpool are keen to sign Dybala when the transfer window reopens.

The Reds have money in the bank from Coutinho's sale, having pocketed a huge £142million from his sale.

Liverpool are already in possession of one of the most formidable strikeforces in world football.

But Dybala could add a new dimension to their attack.

Mediaset Premium say Juventus are already preparing for his departure and are eying a move for Atletico Madrid hitman Antoine Griezmann.

Yet Liverpool face a fight to prise the player away fron Juventus.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona are also in the race for his signature.

Was gonna ignore that until I saw that Otway wrote it. Wow. Serious statement of intent if we pull this one off.

Where would Dybala play for us? If we’re seriously after Dybala or Werner and spending big it means a change of tactic or Firminos off somewhere. No chance Klopp replaces him in his starting XI, people will say we need depth but none of them three mentioned would be willing to be second fiddle here. I don’t think we’re going to buy a striker more likely we’re expecting Solanke or Brewster to step up when needed next season.

Would Spurs sell us Alderweireld? His injury record is not great either.

With Dybala you could even go 4-3-3 as now but play him in an advanced midfield ‘free’ role a la Coutinho or KdB.

Dybala’s not a CM nor can he play deeper like either of them, he’s an attacking player only.

Like I said it would mean a change of tactic to sign him, be best used in a 4-2-3-1 with either Firmino or Dybala in the No.10 role.

• Upvote 1

Last summer, I didn't know who I wanted, but I knew what I wanted: a better goalkeeper, a better left back, a commanding central defender, more energy in midfield and more goals at the top end.

With the improvement in Karius added to Robbo, Van Dijk, the Ox and Mo, I really can't complain much.

This summer, we need to address the drop off in quality when any of our front three are missing; we need to replace Mignolet as our second choice keeper; we still need another top quality central defender; maybe replace Moreno as our second choice left back; and probably a bit more energy and quality in midfield (assuming that Keita replaces Can).

• Upvote 2

Addressing the back up strikers is a perenial problem. We are talking an inform Origi type striker who can come off the bench but that type of player will not sit on the bench to be a back up. Even Davey Fairclough was not happy with that arrangement. Not going to happen. One or two here may point to Giroud at Chelsea but Morata is so shit in front of goal Giroud knows he is going to get games and not be stuck on the bench.

Klopp may spring a surprise and bring another striker in but I suspect he would be a journey man striker from a Bundesliga club. I would imagine Keita would replace Can in the team even if not a like for like replacement and he may bring in another midfield player. I expect Mignolet to leave and Ward to become back up keeper if he is happy to be in that role.

Possibility of a back up for Robbo if Moreno decides to try his luck elsewhere now it is clear who is the preferred left back?

Would love to see Dybala here but that is not going to happen.

Nah, you are barking up the wrong camel d_s.

We have Hendo, Can, Milner, Wijnaldum, Ox and Keita for the central midfield roles, the last three of whom Klopp signed.

He’s not going to be afraid of signing a quality forward to add to Bobby, Mane and Salah.

Can won’t be here next season. We’ve got Lallana but he’s got about five games a season in him.

We’ve got to buy a top quality striker this summer to at least give ourselves a chance of staying in the race for the big pots in May. There’s going to enough games to play next season where everyone gets enough minutes and we’ve got to make sure we dont continue to have a massive drop off in quality we’ve had since we relied so much on Torres.

Look at the quality strikers we had under Houllier when we won the treble. We add similar quality to our current front three this summer, then we can afford to give them all a rest / cover them in the event of injury without worry.

Firmino was exhausted before half time against city in the week and when he came on yesterday, Coleman of all people started to create havoc down our left as no one was tracking him. Can you imagine a scenario of going through the rest of this season with the reincarnations of Erik Meijer and Milan Baros we sent out to play up front for us yesterday.

Agree we need a top level option as well as Firmino

All we need is a injury putting him out for a few months and we are fucked. Expecting him to play his game the way he does for 60 games a years every year is nuts

• Upvote 2

Agree we need a top level option as well as Firmino

All we need is a injury putting him out for a few months and we are fucked. Expecting him to play his game the way he does for 60 games a years every year is nuts

At a push our front 3 are interchangeable. I thought the runoured addition of Thomas Lemar made a lot of sense because he can play attacking midfield or wide forward roles equally as well, and then we could rotate and perm any 3 from those 4 for the forward positions. Plenty of games to go around.

I'm pretty certain that we'll see Ryan Sessegnon arrive and Moreno, probably, shipped out. Still not 100 % on Sessegnon as a left back, but think he'd be a revelation in a 3 man midfield.

We should focus on quality over quantity though and spend big on another cb and a proper midfielder to start alongside Naby and 1 other. Anything else is gravy.