You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fuck all wrong with that. Life would be shit without drugs, get ‘em started early. More power to them. 

No orgasms though. I guess that’s still relatable too. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I've been waiting for an ADHD assessment since last August. These kids need to get in line.

I would love to hear what brought you to looking for an assessment but understand if you’d rather not

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Are the morons still parroting the ‘funded by the religious right’ bollocks?  

Julie Bindel

Sal Grover (who is likely to lose her case this week for having the temerity to set up a women’s only app)

Alison Bailey

Helen Joyce

Kathleen Stock

JKR

Jo Phoenix 

Here’s the notable far right conservative JKR.  

https://x.com/jk_rowling/status/1778106037251236076?s=46&t=wTmhxkVCGgzL1q3_vvfmTA

Broken link

https://x.com/jk_rowling/status/1778105223728255439?s=46&t=wTmhxkVCGgzL1q3_vvfmTA

• Upvote 1

Stonewall…

https://x.com/hennieinglis/status/1778124760074870866?s=46&t=wTmhxkVCGgzL1q3_vvfmTA

I’m sure I predicted this.  

Predicted the posters who’ll deny they ever defended kids being mutilated. 

My all time favourite was the stand up guy who said ‘women are already raped in prisons so why did it matter if they get raped more? ‘.  Top poster too.  But remember talking to a Tory is unconscionable. 

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

The overview is not too long, people can read about the much needed (evidenced by the demand) expansion and improvement of treatment and service provision for themselves.

Rico has been a proven advocate for the provision of care to transgender people and does not have a track record of portraying them as liars, fantasists and predators at all. Internet points to the gasman. How the new car going? What range do you get?

https://cass.independent-review.uk/home/publications/final-report/

Will have a read of the full report later, looking forward to seeing what actual evidence says for a change.

Car is amazing thanks. 

240 miles now it’s a bit warmer. £7 per

full charge. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Stonewall…

https://x.com/hennieinglis/status/1778124760074870866?s=46&t=wTmhxkVCGgzL1q3_vvfmTA

I’m sure I predicted this.  

Predicted the posters who’ll deny they ever defended kids being mutilated. 

My all time favourite was the stand up guy who said ‘women are already raped in prisons so why did it matter if they get raped more? ‘.  Top poster too.  But remember talking to a Tory is unconscionable. 

Someone here said that?

2 hours ago, Champ said:

I would love to hear what brought you to looking for an assessment but understand if you’d rather not

No worries. My nephew's autistic, and this lead my sister to do a lot of research into neurodiversity. She realised loads of her own personality traits mirrored his, and got assessed. Bingo. 

She pointed out some stuff to me and sent over one of the preliminary questionnaire forms. I"d always thought she was pulling my leg when she said certain things I did were textbook ADHD, but I was ticking all the boxes.

Been on antidepressants since I was 17, social anxiety, suicidal periods, thought I might be bi-polar, but this probably makes more sense. My brain just never shuts up. I'm trying not to research it myself though, as I worry it could affect an accurate assessment. I'd rather go in blind, so to speak.

Been waiting since August. I said I'd go via Right To Choose, but they must have a massive waiting list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 18/12/2022 at 22:21, Rico1304 said:

Look, I’m afraid that the fucking idea that men make women’s prisons safer is the point where I have to leave the conversation because it’s fucking mental.  

I mean…

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

No worries. My nephew's autistic, and this lead my sister to do a lot of research into neurodiversity. She realised loads of her own personality traits mirrored his, and got assessed. Bingo. 

She pointed out some stuff to me and sent over one of the preliminary questionnaire forms. I"d always thought she was pulling my leg when she said certain things I did were textbook ADHD, but I was ticking all the boxes.

Been on antidepressants since I was 17, social anxiety, suicidal periods, thought I might be bi-polar, but this probably makes more sense. My brain just never shuts up. I'm trying not to research it myself though, as I worry it could affect an accurate assessment. I'd rather go in blind, so to speak.

Been waiting since August. I said I'd go via Right To Choose, but they must have a massive waiting list.

Thanks, Babbs and good luck. There really does appear to be increasing recognition of the prevalence of neurodivergence and also the hereditary nature of AS conditions. I’m at the stage of testing almost all behaviour through the prism of neurodivergence on a personal and professional level. In a work setting it is quite easy to identify the ‘there in plain sight’ explanations of parents’ difficulties managing their children’s behaviour and equally their difficulties engaging successfully with ‘support’ services. 

I wonder about myself sometimes but couldn’t justify taking up a place on overstretched waiting lists. I’m probably largely an ‘introvert’ with ADHD traits trying not to be too hard on myself

• Upvote 7

After 380 pages have we got any closer to the real route cause of the problem, does Rico want to fuck one or be one?

There's a definite 'vehemently anti-gay/trans politician caught in uncompromising position with male aide' vibes going on.

Got the first line right at least...

Anyway, beyond the activist spin, I quite like this testimony from the report, hopefully the service improvements help more young ppl get space for the right reflection. There's certainly plenty of cause for concern in the report (leadership, even beyond gids, and the mprg safeguarding concerns pretty damning in terms of process failures), just confusing why so many anti-trans voices seem to want to overlook that evidence in favour of conflating the findings with other related issues.

There are like six reports in the document really, the Cass report, three York reports (maybe more actually, but they're pretty directly reflected in the main body so I didn't dwell on them), the CSU quant analysis and the MPRG audit report. All interesting, none of them answer everything you'd hope, mainly due to the lack of linked data.

Screenshot_20240411-185609.png

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

After 380 pages have we got any closer to the real route cause of the problem, does Rico want to fuck one or be one?

There's a definite 'vehemently anti-gay/trans politician caught in uncompromising position with male aide' vibes going on.

Neither.  

He thinks biology is real and medical experiments on children are bad.  Imagine that being controversial?

Also interesting how the clinics were deliberately obstructive and wouldn’t hand over data.  The government have stepped in demanded they cooperate.  This will be very messy.  

What was the received wisdom on blockers on here?  Can’t remember? Must check. 

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Also interesting how the clinics were deliberately obstructive and wouldn’t hand over data.  The government have stepped in demanded they cooperate.  This will be very messy.  

What was the received wisdom on blockers on here?  Can’t remember? Must check. 

The data linked to patients discharged to the adult clinics is one the big gaps in understanding drop out rates and any consequences of the treatment paths as, within the report, theres very little on what those are (despite the noise about it). But yeah, needs to be looked into, as does the policy decisions around the guidance given to GIDS that did enable routine prescription as the evidence base clearly isn't there in terms of positive or negative effects.

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The data linked to patients discharged to the adult clinics is one the big gaps in understanding drop out rates and any consequences of the treatment paths as, within the report, theres very little on what those are (despite the noise about it). But yeah, needs to be looked into, as does the policy decisions around the guidance given to GIDS that did enable routine prescription as the evidence base clearly isn't there in terms of positive or negative effects.

Mmm.  There was no follow up from Tavistock and deliberate obstruction in other clinics. Why?  There’s a constant parroting of a 1% dissatisfaction rate of reassignment surgery (GF honorary member OJ Simpleton loves it) yet a huge proportion of surgery goes fucking horribly wrong.  Pauline’s 6inch depth is a dream rarely realised.  The reality is a smell of shit from the colon skin. Or the other way the harvested skin from the forearm leaving it looking like Simon Weston. 

Surgery is a non sequitur in terms of the findings of the report, from what I've gone through so far, there isn't any coverage of it as a common follow on treatment or part of GIDS pathway (although may have missed something).

Hormones are the main follow-up. The consequences of blockers affecting m2f transition surgery further down the line is highlighted as a major reason why it shouldn't be routinely prescribed to that cohort. 

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Surgery is a non sequitur in terms of the findings of the report, from what I've gone through so far, there isn't any coverage of it as a common follow on treatment or part of GIDS pathway (although may have missed something).

Hormones are the main follow-up. The consequences of blockers affecting m2f transition surgery further down the line is highlighted as a major reason why it shouldn't be routinely prescribed to that cohort. 

I’ve posted the clip of Jackie Green before, laughing that her sons prepubescent penis didn’t give the surgeon anything to work with. Then how she work him up to force the dilator into him. 

None of this was secret but it seems that Cass has removed a veil. 

The ‘toxicity on both sides’ is weird too.  One side is accused of being toxic for saying ‘no’. The other threatens rape, assaults women, tries to get them fired, fires them, drives them out of jobs, changes policy based on lies etc etc.  it’s so one sided.  

9 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Mmm.  There was no follow up from Tavistock and deliberate obstruction in other clinics. Why?  There’s a constant parroting of a 1% dissatisfaction rate of reassignment surgery (GF honorary member OJ Simpleton loves it) yet a huge proportion of surgery goes fucking horribly wrong.  Pauline’s 6inch depth is a dream rarely realised.  The reality is a smell of shit from the colon skin. Or the other way the harvested skin from the forearm leaving it looking like Simon Weston. 

Hahaha, fair fucks for googling what the surgery entails. Not my cup of tea when it comes to using Google search.