You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Your turn to leap.  Who is denying anyones existence? That’s simply nonsense. They are denying men can turn into women and that womens rights don’t include men.  That’s it. 

The validity of their existence then. Not much of a leap.

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The validity of their existence then. Not much of a leap.

Again, nonsense.  If I tell you I’m a woman and you don’t agree nothing changes.  Why should you have to validate my fantasy?  It’s fucking stupid.  If I tell you I’m black do you need to validate me? Why not? 

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Of course it's "nonsense", of course it's just a "fantasy". 

Familiar routine when you come into contact with something you disagree with, isn't it? Have a nice evening.

Well it is. These men say they feel like women. That is untestable. It’s a feeling. Nothing else has changed (if we believe them) other than a feeling.  They have no objective understanding of what it feels like to be a woman, they just say they are one. Do we take anyones word like this on any other subject?  Certainly not colour.  

it’s a familiar routine when someone takes the piss. 

Do you believe that there are any single sex protections that should be in place? 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Do you believe that there are any single sex protections that should be in place? 

I've never suggested otherwise. 

55 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fuck off - how was it sneaky? I wrote fucking Edit next to it! 

I felt you added after I posted and the page turned, maybe that was a mistake, but was also pissed off at having yet more words put in my mouth, so benefit of the doubt went out the window.

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I've never suggested otherwise. 

I felt you added after I posted and the page turned, maybe that was a mistake, but was also pissed off at having yet more words put in my mouth, so benefit of the doubt went out the window.

Excellent that’s great. So, how do you define the people who have the right to the single sex space?  How do you define ‘women’ who have the right to see a doctor of the same sex? 

Feelings heh? They are wrong sometimes.  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Well it is. These men say they feel like women. That is untestable. It’s a feeling. Nothing else has changed (if we believe them) other than a feeling.  They have no objective understanding of what it feels like to be a woman, they just say they are one. Do we take anyones word like this on any other subject?  Certainly not colour.  

it’s a familiar routine when someone takes the piss. 

Out of curiosity, if there were a valid test, how would your views change, Rico? 

9 minutes ago, mars said:

Out of curiosity, if there were a valid test, how would your views change, Rico? 

You mean if there was a test that could prove they believed they felt like women?  It’d weed out the chancers but I’m not sure it’d change much else.  They’d still be men who thought they were women. They wouldn’t be women.  Treat them kindly but they wouldn’t be women. 

Edit:  it’d just be a test for gender dysphoria  - it’s diagnosed now.  

Oh, good, great, that's something wholly unpredictable to look forward to...

Johnson began his speech with this opener: “Good evening ladies and gentleman, or as Keir Starmer would put it, people who are assigned female or male at birth.” Expect plenty more of that as we gear up for the next election.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We’ll, this just got complicated a sitting Tory MP has just come out as trans…

Jamie Wallis just derailed the Tory election juggernaut! 

Don't be surprised if not and that someone somewhere has decided the Tories won't be pressed on this subject no matter what.

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We’ll, this just got complicated a sitting Tory MP has just come out as trans…

Jamie Wallis just derailed the Tory election juggernaut! 

All she has to say is ‘I’m not a biological woman’ and it’s a home run.  

Edit: diagnosis of GD too. 

Edit edit: the fact he was raped is getting less focus than him being trans. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

All she has to say is ‘I’m not a biological woman’ and it’s a home run.  

Edit: diagnosis of GD too. 

But that's not the usual question to politicians, is it? 

The question is always, usually, the 'harder' version "are transwomen women?".

8 minutes ago, Moo said:

But that's not the usual question to politicians, is it? 

The question is always, usually, the 'harder' version "are transwomen women?".

Splitting hairs but I bet you it’s a version of that. 

Interesting whether a Tory MP who ran a sugar daddy website and fled the scene of a drunk driving accident is ‘stunning and brave’. 

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Splitting hairs but I bet you it’s a version of that. 

Interesting whether a Tory MP who ran a sugar daddy website and fled the scene of a drunk driving accident is ‘stunning and brave’. 

It's not splitting hairs when it's central to the debate.

I can't find any recent examples where the question has been qualified with "biological", so it shouldn't start now really.

So Sunak last week wouldn't answer if transwomen are women, Johnson did not say biology is the only thing that matters, Fabricant has referred to Jamie Wallis as "them".  I'd say there's definitely scope for pushing the Tories on this subject.

Though I'd rather it was debated/resolved properly across parties and not used in the Tories ongoing culture war.

33 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's not splitting hairs when it's central to the debate.

I can't find any recent examples where the question has been qualified with "biological", so it shouldn't start now really.

So Sunak last week wouldn't answer if transwomen are women, Johnson did not say biology is the only thing that matters, Fabricant has referred to Jamie Wallis as "them".  I'd say there's definitely scope for pushing the Tories on this subject.

Though I'd rather it was debated/resolved properly across parties and not used in the Tories ongoing culture war.

That’s the whole point!  How you can say biology doesn’t feature in ‘adult human female’ is beyond me.  

Just read something interesting on Twitter. 

Before the statement Wallis was a pretty dodgy character, ran the sugar daddy website, lied about it, was censured by Parliament, made some pretty dodgy decisions that led to a blackmail case and then he says he’s trans and it all falls away. He’s now stunning and brave.  What happened in that second? What changed?  

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Just read something interesting on Twitter. 

Before the statement Wallis was a pretty dodgy character, ran the sugar daddy website, lied about it, was censured by Parliament, made some pretty dodgy decisions that led to a blackmail case and then he says he’s trans and it all falls away. He’s now stunning and brave.  What happened in that second? What changed?  

Wikipedia page is certainly an eye opener. Should have his own section on Companies House by the sounds.