You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Predicted league table 2017/18

The Golden Eel

Just for banter:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man United

5. Spurs

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. West Ham

10. Southampton

11. Crystal Palace

12. Newcastle

13. West Brom

14. Swansea

15. Bournemouth

16. Watford

17. Huddersfield

18. Stoke

19. Brighton

20. Burnley

That's a decent effort. I'd probably have Stoke staying up and Huddersfield going down. I think Everton will be seventh and between about 8th-14th it's much of a muchness.

The top six is the intriguing part. Most people would identify the same six teams but the order is the difficult part. Since Arsenal won't have Champions League football will they give the league a fair go? Man City seem a good shout for the title, and I'd take finishing ahead of Man Utd and getting guaranteed CL football.

I want to tip us a bit higher, but not on the basis of the current signings!

With our current squad i would give us a 3-1 chance of top 4. We have some class players and will get loads of goals. However,there are so many frailties that are glaringly obvious. The squad isn't big enough to compete and we will struggle with injuries.

If we lose coutinho,i think we will come 7th.

If we keep phil and get virgil or a competent cb,i think we get top 4 and with everything falling into place,we could even challenge for the title.

Just for banter:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man United

5. Spurs

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. West Ham

10. Southampton

11. Crystal Palace

12. Newcastle

13. West Brom

14. Swansea

15. Bournemouth

16. Watford

17. Huddersfield

18. Stoke

19. Brighton

20. Burnley

Pretty close for the top Id say. I think spurs will struggle to get 5th due to not strengthening at all this window (course they could later in the window but equally, there's talk barcelona will try for dele as well) so Id put arsenal 5th and spurs 6th.

Bottom 3 Id have as 18, watford, 19, brighton, 20 Huddersfield.

Just for banter:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man United

5. Spurs

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. West Ham

10. Southampton

11. Crystal Palace

12. Newcastle

13. West Brom

14. Swansea

15. Bournemouth

16. Watford

17. Huddersfield

18. Stoke

19. Brighton

20. Burnley

We won't finish 3rd. Our defence will cost us too many times. We will doubtless shit the bed on occasions as well, losing against crap sides that the rest of the top 6 have hammered.

5th.

• Upvote 1

Spurs have a lot of work to do if they're not going to fall out of the top four.

Few injuries and with added champions league football, they'll struggle.

Levy doesn't do the tight Jewish stereotype any favours. Though the new stadium probably means they cant afford too invest much right now.

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Man City

4. Spurs

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. Leicester

10. Southampton

11. Bournemouth

12. Watford

13. Crystal Palace

14. West Ham

15. West Brom

16. Swansea

17. Brighton

18. Huddersfield

19. Stoke

20. Burnley

Interesting that you also think Stoke will be in the relegation mix as they're 7/1 in a couple of places

Interesting that you also think Stoke will be in the relegation mix as they're 7/1 in a couple of places

I don't think their squad's that bad to be honest, a bit workmanlike if you will, but they're a side capable of going on poor runs under Hughes and I reckon this season it might just put them into too much of a tailspin to recover. They'll miss Arnautovic too.

Spurs were the best team in the league in the second half of last season. I don't see that same team struggling even if they haven't strenghtened.

1. Spurs

2. United

3. City

4. Chelsea

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

7. Leicester

8. Everton

9. West Ham

10. West Brom

11. Southampton

12. Newcastle