You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

What's with lower league footballers wearing those little halter tops female athletes wear, under their shirts? Seen this twice now - once in the Scottish olay-off, and Carlton Morris when he was just substituted now.

Anyone else think this is a bit dodgy...

Stefan de Vrij says he has signed a five-year contract to join Inter Milan from Lazio when his deal expires at the end of June.

Neither side has confirmed the move.

On the last day of the Serie A season, the 26-year-old Netherlands defender gave away a penalty as Inter beat Lazio to claim a Champions League spot at the Rome side's expense.

"Everyone who knows me knows that I gave everything even in that game," he said.

"I don't know if they believe it in Italy so I turned everything off for a week, so now I'm focused just on my national team."

De Vrij - whose Inter move has been reported before the end of the season - joined Lazio from Feyenoord in 2014.

Walked around the building site that is Spurs new stadium new yesterday. Fair play to them it's impressive. Never going to be ready for the start of the season mind.

Lad who sits next to me is a chippy on site. Says the same thing despite them working 24/7. Says the American Football changing rooms are three times the size of the football ones. Interestingly PL rules state a club cannot play at 2 different home grounds in the same season so they are going to be stuffed if it does not get its safety certificates by the time they are due to play at home. Think they have asked for the first 4 or 5 games to be aways.

They are going to play the first four (or maybe five, cant remember now) games away from home and have contingency with both the PL and Wembley to play a further number of games there if need be. It'll be ready when it needs to be, but there is contingency for otherwise.

Yeah the NFL changing rooms are massive but there is a huge spanner in the works now that Wembley may be a serious NFL competitor.

Overall though its a fantastic stadium. Whether they can match it on the field is a different question, but off the field they have bought themselves something very special indeed. I'm proud of it because I have a sibling who is pivotal to it's construction and I am very proud of him. He's an LFC fan, but ply's his trade at Spurs. We all work for a living.....

• Upvote 1

Yet people want us to have at least one player with his attitude. Weird.

I wouldn't want someone with that attitude 100% but something along those lines might help us a bit.

Last season we had the second least cards handed out to us, the season before I think it was 1st or second least.

We're too nice sometimes, I wouldn't mind having a big cunt to go in extra hard with tackles sometimes, to make sure the opposition know their in a physical contest vs men.

Maybe not so much Ramos, but a Mascherano or even a Gerrard.

We just need to do what we can, I wouldn't want us stooping to the cuntery of the Spanish teams or the mourinhos of the world, but take a little bit of inspiration from them when it's necessary.

I wouldn't want someone with that attitude 100% but something along those lines might help us a bit.

Last season we had the second least cards handed out to us, the season before I think it was 1st or second least.

We're too nice sometimes, I wouldn't mind having a big cunt to go in extra hard with tackles sometimes, to make sure the opposition know their in a physical contest vs men.

Maybe not so much Ramos, but a Mascherano or even a Gerrard.

We just need to do what we can, I wouldn't want us stooping to the cuntery of the Spanish teams or the mourinhos of the world, but take a little bit of inspiration from them when it's necessary.

I would agree with your sentiments if there was some magic switch you could turn between an outright snide like Ramos and just snidey enough to win the game. But there is not. You either get the snide that is Ramos or you get the level that Mane showed in the final that earnt him a booking.

*Adopts Chris Rock voice*

"Sterling always wanting credit for shit he's not supposed to do. 'I vowed not you touch guns after my father was shot.' You're NOT SUPPOSED to touch guns, you weird little velociraptor bastard."

• Upvote 1

*Adopts Chris Rock voice*

"Sterling always wanting credit for shit he's not supposed to do. 'I vowed not you touch guns after my father was shot.' You're NOT SUPPOSED to touch guns, you weird little velociraptor bastard."

Haha.