You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Perhaps a sobering lesson for our lot watching at home, that playing at home, with a noisy crowd and an air of expectation - doesn't mean a victory will follow. Hard work, commitment and 110% of concentration is what is really needed. 

Agreed, quite honestly I would take a 0-0 right now and take our chances at the Ethiad with the away goal rule in our favour

Agreed, quite honestly I would take a 0-0 right now and take our chances at the Ethiad with the away goal rule in our favour

Nah. Got to be confident of winning at home which I think we will do. Doubt we will score 4 like we did in the league though. I will see what my premonition is sometime tomorrow. Like I said before though I think away goals are going to be very important.

Yep, same here, I'd quite happily sacrifice us scoring, to ensure they don't. However, we both know neither of those two are going to happen. 

My tactical advice would be to drink copious amounts of alcohol before the game to get you through it all. Thats my game plan anyway. 

PMT in full effect

• Upvote 1

I think we'd all take that but I don't think there is anyway we should play for it. We play our best football as a team when we're going for the jugular. We've been a bit better at the "shutting up shop" aspect of games we have the lead in lately but the idea of trying to focus on purely focusing on defending anyone for longer than 20 minutes is terrifying, especially against City.

I think we'd all take that but I don't think there is anyway we should play for it. We play our best football as a team when we're going for the jugular. We've been a bit better at the "shutting up shop" aspect of games we have the lead in lately but the idea of trying to focus on purely focusing on defending anyone for longer than 20 minutes is terrifying, especially against City.

Highly improbable it will be goaless I would concede. Just hope we get the breaks in the inevitable shoot-out

That was a sublime goal to make it 2-0. Perfect contact, unlike the Rooney shinner that all the knobheads still wank over.

I think Juventus' biggest problem is that in Serie A, they only have to do just enough to win. The other sides don't present enough of a challenge, and instead of steamrollering them, they're content with a 1-0 or 2-0. Where that becomes a problem is when they face teams who DO pose them a genuine threat because they have to play to a level they aren't used to, no matter how good the individuals in the team are.

• Upvote 1

We've been a bit better at the "shutting up shop" aspect of games we have the lead in lately but the idea of trying to focus on purely focusing on defending anyone for longer than 20 minutes is terrifying, especially against City.

Pretty much this, if we are gonna win this it's either grabbing the away goal required at the death, or we are a few goals clear and can be comfortable on the ball.

Being a goal ahead/drawing against them going into the last 10 minutes at their gaff is going to kill me off, I won't be able to handle the anxiety. Hopefully big virge keeps things rock solid.

That was a sublime goal to make it 2-0. Perfect contact, unlike the Rooney shinner that all the knobheads still wank over.

I think Juventus' biggest problem is that in Serie A, they only have to do just enough to win. The other sides don't present enough of a challenge, and instead of steamrollering them, they're content with a 1-0 or 2-0. Where that becomes a problem is when they face teams who DO pose them a genuine threat because they have to play to a level they aren't used to, no matter how good the individuals in the team are.

Rooney does have something in common though, him and Real both Royally fucked an old lady.

• Upvote 2

06495256-f8fb-470f-9055-95c55c2ceee4.png