You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the Sky post match show, I don't truly remember who said it, maybe Carragher, but someone compared him to Dani Alves with the way he can influence a game from right back in an attacking sense and I thought that was pretty fitting and the ultimate compliment.

Alves in his prime was better technically but Trent really does seem to be able to have a similar impact with the way he creates so many chances and the way the ball finds him.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

On the Sky post match show, I don't truly remember who said it, maybe Carragher, but someone compared him to Dani Alves with the way he can influence a game from right back in an attacking sense and I thought that was pretty fitting and the ultimate compliment.

Alves in his prime was better technically but Trent really does seem to be able to have a similar impact with the way he creates so many chances and the way the ball finds him.

Alves was more comfortable on the ball and a bit quicker, but the Brazilian was not close to being as good a crosser of the ball as Trent is. Trent is probably the best crosser of the ball in the world at the moment, after Kevin De Bruyne.

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Alves was more comfortable on the ball and a bit quicker, but the Brazilian was not close to being as good a crosser of the ball as Trent is. Trent is probably the best crosser of the ball in the world at the moment, after Kevin De Bruyne.

I thought the comparison in terms of their attacking influence was accurate, but in terms of their skills, I agree. They're a bit different in that regard.

42 minutes ago, Baltar said:

His passing and crossing is out of this world. What a talent we have.

There was a pass in there that Robbo had to break his stride for, room for improvement there. His pass for the peno wasn't in that clip, looked like an aimless hoof but given it was Trent I'd say it was a pass.

He's always going to have the odd defensive lapse since he's not a natural defender but in our system it does not matter. Our full backs primary purpose is to attack, and I love seeing this. He's also going to vulnerable to really speedy attackers since he's not that quick but it helps to have hardworking midfielders who are happy to help the defence as much as possible. For that reason I doubt we'll see too much of Keita and Ox since Gini and Hendo provide better defensive cover. I'd hate to see TAA curb his attacking instincts for the sake of defending so having our regular 3 midfielders playing as much as possible is going to be important.

24 minutes ago, Elite said:

I wonder if we'll ever see him in midfield now, there's no real reason to given his impact from full back. Pretty rare that you get a full back running games but he's pretty much doing that at times and he's 21, phenomenonal talent.

The team right now is set up for him to do this -- always space to move into as Salah positions as our furthest forward player and one or two players focused on covering for him when he does.

He would be pretty ineffective in our midfield set up as it is currently imo. He is not real good in tight spaces and isn't particularly quick or strong on the ball. Plus I am not sure he has the workrate needed for this set up.

He wouldn't never get the time he has on the ball now.

He's not a great player yet,but if he carries on at a similar rate he will be one very soon. It's like most of our players when looked at individually,they range from very good to excellent but put them into a team situation and they are magnificent,almost unbeatable in fact. Without the team ethic Sadio and Mo would be lesser players for it but its what makes them stand out from others in a similar bracket. Great days indeed.

• 2 weeks later...