You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) - 3pm, 19/11/16 - Feasting on Solent Green.

Trumo

Too many poor performances today. Coutinho just gave the ball away all game, passing was shite as well. The midfield three were all piss poor as well. Not good today.

If that's our new piss poor level, then there is no better indication of the massive steps we've taken over the last 12 months. Or even last 5, as one could argue Klopp and his team have only had the chance to really work with the team since July. And I include the new fitness and nutrition people he brought in from Bayern in that team.

• Upvote 1

We should have won and Sturridge should have come on sooner but it was always going to be a difficult game.

We're the best team in the league at the moment. Teams are scared of us home and away. I think we need to take more risks and bring Sturridge/Origi on sooner though. We're going to have to rely on them on them at some point and if they don't get game time we can't expect them to be at their best when we do need them

The 21-year-old Denmark international, who signed from Bayern Munich in the summer, paid Klopp's side the biggest compliment following the stalemate.

I played in Germany against Bayern Munich and Dortmund, I played against Manchester City in the Champions League, but I must say this is maybe the best team I have ever played against.

It's not only that they move the ball quickly. They also have fast players, and with the ball they are very good one against one.

It's unbelievable how they move, how they stand, how they work together - it's like a symphony.

– PIERRE-EMILE HOJBJERG

The 21-year-old Denmark international, who signed from Bayern Munich in the summer, paid Klopp's side the biggest compliment following the stalemate.

I played in Germany against Bayern Munich and Dortmund, I played against Manchester City in the Champions League, but I must say this is maybe the best team I have ever played against.

It's not only that they move the ball quickly. They also have fast players, and with the ball they are very good one against one.

It's unbelievable how they move, how they stand, how they work together - it's like a symphony.

– PIERRE-EMILE HOJBJERG

Same performance as some on here call piss poor. Imagine the state if this place if we have a couple of successful seasons.

We should have won and Sturridge should have come on sooner but it was always going to be a difficult game.

We're the best team in the league at the moment. Teams are scared of us home and away. I think we need to take more risks and bring Sturridge/Origi on sooner though. We're going to have to rely on them on them at some point and if they don't get game time we can't expect them to be at their best when we do need them

Was thinking this yesterday. Especially when Mane is away at least one of them will be playing fairly regularly.

I wouldn't write Origi off yet...he offers a different option for when Plan A isn't working or available and Klopp rates him, just think he is reluctant to use him right now but as he gets fitter and as he will be fresh too he may well come into his own as the season wears on.

Right now we have a settled and firing front line and style of play - loss of form, injuries, just needing a Plan B will happen and it is good that we have what we do in reserve rather than what we have had in recent times like Lambert and Borini for example...

He probably has a slim chance, Origi none by the looks. It sounds like there'll be a new signing to play wide. The second option after that is probably to play Can and Wijnaldum, moving Lallana back wide.

I'd rather Wijnaldum played wide and Lallana stayed in midfield.

Hard to tell what Klopp will do as he hasn't shown much interest in Sturridge or Origi.

Not quite sure what you're trying to get at here... Sturridge's off the ball movement is generally very good. You could criticise him for not being the most diligent presser, or maybe being a bit selfish in front of goal... but not being in a goal scoring position enough is real wide off the mark. Last season he scored 8 goals in 11 starts in the league...

I'll have to spell it out for you then. Sturridge can't/won't sprint anymore.

Hence he's finished as a top player.

Next season he'll be jogging around for a different club.

I'll have to spell it out for you then. Sturridge can't/won't sprint anymore.

Hence he's finished as a top player.

Next season he'll be jogging around for a different club.

That's not exactly true. Harry Kane is slower than Sturridge and he's been banging in the goals for the last couple of seasons. Inzaghi was always slow and didn't stop him from scoring goals, etc. So yeah you were chatting shit.. soz bebz.

I reckon we'd be stupid to sell Studge in January. Next summer though and hell be sold.

In my opinion Captain is right, Studge lacks the explosion and the stamina required to lead the line in this attack. Although he's undoubtedly gifted, Studge is a bit streaky imo and seems a bit of a sulker. Just can't imagine Kloppo standing for that.

Firmino is in the side on merit and Studge will have to show patience and hope that ,(the more athletic and explosive) Divock Origi doesn't overtake him in the pecking order

Guest Pistonbroke

German coverage showed a stat during yesterday's game about the fastest sprinters on each team. Firmino was fastest for us and indeed both teams, second for us was Mane and third was Clyne. Not sure if that was overall or just for yesterdays game. Sturridge would struggle massively to keep up what Firminho and Mane bring to the table for half the time they do it. 

German coverage showed a stat during yesterday's game about the fastest sprinters on each team. Firmino was fastest for us and indeed both teams, second for us was Mane and third was Clyne. Not sure if that was overall or just for yesterdays game. Sturridge would struggle massively to keep up what Firminho and Mane bring to the table for half the time they do it.

I saw that mate.

Interestingly, Van Dijk was fastest for Saints.

That's a good argument for starting Firmino over Sturridge, making up an unrealistic scenario where all of a sudden Sturridge just doesn't get into goal scoring positions any more is a bit stupid though.