You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cycling

Keep meaning to get my bike out of the cellar. I was in love with it at one point last year. Need to get back into it.

The hardest part is getting it out again once you’ve had a break from it. Once you’ve done that you’ll be away

I've signed up to do a Coast to Coast cycle (Cumbria to North Shields) at the beginning of June. This is the first time I'll have cycled with a group. For the most part I cycle on my own and really enjoy the freedom of that but you get other things from cycling with others so I'm quite looking forward to it

And I made it!

We set off from Whitehaven just after 10.00 on Saturday morning and arrived at Tynemouth just after 16.00 yesterday.

250k/155m of hilly cycling (3800m/ 125000ft) through Cumbria and the North Penines in 16h 13m.

It had its odd moments but overall I really enjoyed it. I’d definitely do something similar again.

And I was not the slowest!

This post was sponsored by Sudocrem

• Upvote 7

You need Cetavlex not sudacrem.

I don't need anything because I used Sudocrem as a barrier cream avoiding the need for any treatment.

Seriously, for anyone else who's spend ££s on those expensive Udder creams, forget it, complete waste of money after getting through this ride completely chafe free (no need to dwell on the thought)

That’s fucking impressive though!

Did you do it for a charity?

Don't be daft. I couldn't have raised money for something like that. What with having been knocked off my bike I only did a couple of training rides

You need Cetavlex not sudacrem.

You recommended this to me a while back and it’s been a revelation. My meds make me shit an extraordinary amount and my bum was in bits.

I don’t think I’ll ever be a fan of rubbing cream all over my own arsehole but doing it once or twice a week straight after a shower has CHANGED MY LIFE.

Don't be daft. I couldn't have raised money for something like that. What with havign been knocked off my bike I only did a couple of training rides

It’s not daft. If anything it makes just going for it even more impressive. Next time you do something similar then at the very least we should have a whip round on here for a charity of your choosing.

I don't need anything because I used Sudocrem as a barrier cream avoiding the need for any treatment.

Seriously, for anyone else who's spend ££s on those expensive Udder creams, forget it, complete waste of money after getting through this ride completely chafe free (no need to dwell on the thought).

Cetavlex is called magic cream for a reason!

Million times better than sudacrem.

You recommended this to me a while back and it’s been a revelation. My meds make me shit an extraordinary amount and my bum was in bits.

I don’t think I’ll ever be a fan of rubbing cream all over my own arsehole but doing it once or twice a week straight after a shower has CHANGED MY LIFE.

See.

Cetavlex is called magic cream for a reason!

Million times better than sudacrem.

I know it is and its brilliant on broken skin but that's not what I needed. And there I shall end the discussion

But a word of warning, if anyone ever suggests to you staying in the Cross Keys at Eastgate, Co Durham, don't. It has to be the clartyest mankyest, mingin'est place I've ever had the misfortune to visit.

I think there's a thread in there somewhere...

I've decided to get a bike through the work cycle to work scheme. I'll never ride to work as I take the kids to school before I do but want one just to jump on for an hour when I'm at a loose end. We get 32% off any bike and the bike can be up to £1000. I don't think I'll need something that expensive but any recommendations on brand and what I should be looking to shell out is greatly appreciated.

I’ve just done that...

There were loads of shops to pick from so thankfully I could go to a local independent who were excellent

The last bike I bought was 25years ago, and it was still going strong last year until some toerag knicked it

Anyway, I got a GT Avalanche Mountain Bike (don’t really off-road but preferred it to a hybrid) £560 brand new, then spunked £350 on lights, locks, helmets, phone holder etc etc

Been out a couple of times, 20m last night... arse like a blood orange, but so glad to have a decent ride and get out most nights now

• Upvote 1

I’ve just done that...

There were loads of shops to pick from so thankfully I could go to a local independent who were excellent

The last bike I bought was 25years ago, and it was still going strong last year until some toerag knicked it

Anyway, I got a GT Avalanche Mountain Bike (don’t really off-road but preferred it to a hybrid) £560 brand new, then spunked £350 on lights, locks, helmets, phone holder etc etc

Been out a couple of times, 20m last night... arse like a blood orange, but so glad to have a decent ride and get out most nights now

I haven't actually purchased mine yet because when I went through the application it turned out there was hundreds of different stores to buy from, it was just our place pushing for Halfords so now I have a bit more leeway in terms of selection. Got a couple of places to visit the weekend and then hopefully be on the road in the next 10 days.