You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

Nah I think you have it wrong. Some people were using some stuff that wasn't actually from Wikileaks that was fabricated, and mistakenly thinking it was from Wikileaks. So unless you can show us any type of proof that any single leak directly from Wikileaks was fabricated, maybe it's you that's the quacking mentalist.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784873305463459841

Nah, I don't believe in conspiracy theories and tacitly support a reactionary fascist. My quacking mentalist credentials are quite nonexistent.

No fucking way am I clicking your Twitter, don't want to appear on that list thanks.

Comments though?

Hahah, ok :

1. Interesting. @kurteichenwald drives me mad at times & am not a fan, but he's right with this about #PodestaEmails2 and #Benghazi. (link to Eichenwald's tweet -->) https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/785663732604997632

2. Sidney Blumenthal didn't say that Clinton could've prevented Benghazi in #PodestaEmails2. It was a @kurteichenwald article in the email.

3. The #PodestaEmails2 #Benghazi quote that's being mistakenly thought of as written by Sidney Blumenthal is in here : https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2038

Nah, I don't believe in conspiracy theories and tacitly support a reactionary fascist. My quacking mentalist credentials are quite nonexistent.

*sigh* I support Jill Stein. I might believe a conspiracy theory or two though.

I noticed another post of yours as well after replying to you, about the alt-right and Guccifer 2 thing. There was a Pay to Play folder in what he/she/they leaked, but it's still not been proven fake I don't think. That folder has caused confusion though, and some are saying it was to do with research into the GOP, not actually a folder stating that illegal Pay to Play files were in it. Anyway, Wikileaks only linked to the Guccifer 2 release on twitter just after Guccifer 2 posted it, so it's not actually a Wikileaks release.

The other Guccifer 2 connection is the DNC hack which Wikileaks did release. I think that Guccifer 2 claimed to be the source but Wikileaks don't reveal sources so it's not confirmed. There's been no dispute of that being genuine though, and it led to Schultz resigning as DNC head.

Hahah, ok :

1. Interesting. @kurteichenwald drives me mad at times & am not a fan, but he's right with this about #PodestaEmails2 and #Benghazi. (link to Eichenwald's tweet -->) https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/785663732604997632

2. Sidney Blumenthal didn't say that Clinton could've prevented Benghazi in #PodestaEmails2. It was a @kurteichenwald article in the email.

3. The #PodestaEmails2 #Benghazi quote that's being mistakenly thought of as written by Sidney Blumenthal is in here : https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2038

*sigh* I support Jill Stein. I might believe a conspiracy theory or two though.

I noticed another post of yours as well after replying to you, about the alt-right and Guccifer 2 thing. There was a Pay to Play folder in what he/she/they leaked, but it's still not been proven fake I don't think. That folder has caused confusion though, and some are saying it was to do with research into the GOP, not actually a folder stating that illegal Pay to Play files were in it. Anyway, Wikileaks only linked to the Guccifer 2 release on twitter just after Guccifer 2 posted it, so it's not actually a Wikileaks release.

The other Guccifer 2 connection is the DNC hack which Wikileaks did release. I think that Guccifer 2 claimed to be the source but Wikileaks don't reveal sources so it's not confirmed. There's been no dispute of that being genuine though, and it led to Schultz resigning as DNC head.

There's a lot of Clinton material emanating from you for a supposedly neutral Stein supporter. One can only draw conclusions when you post anti-Clinton stories from Wikileaks and none of the deluge of stories about Trump from acclaimed journalists like David Farenthold and Kurt Eichenwald. Maybe the Washington Post is far too mainstream for you.

And in the hours since I made my first post about all this, Wikileaks has been caught out again as a vehicle for Russian propaganda in the above mentioned story.

There's a lot of Clinton material emanating from you for a supposedly neutral Stein supporter. One can only draw conclusions when you post anti-Clinton stories from Wikileaks and none of the deluge of stories about Trump from acclaimed journalists like David Farenthold and Kurt Eichenwald. Maybe the Washington Post is far too mainstream for you.

And in the hours since I made my first post about all this, Wikileaks has been caught out again as a vehicle for Russian propaganda in the above mentioned story.

Hopefully this will clear things up so I can then piss off out of the thread for a while.

Wikileaks hasn't been caught out with anything. They have a 100% record that's lasted a decade. It's Russia that have according to the story, and if I have this right, deliberately made out like Blumenthal was saying that Clinton could've prevented Benghazi, when it was an article in a Blumenthal email written by Eichenwald. That's not Wikileaks doing anything wrong, and it doesn't call into question anything they've released. It's Russia twisting the content of an email released by Wikileaks.

As for Wikileaks and Assange, well Assange has a lot against Clinton, so I'd say they're clearly in the bag for Trump. It doesn't make anything they're releasing false though. To those saying that they should be releasing info on Trump : the response Assange has as far as I remember is that they leak what they're given. If they had material on Trump they'd use it, but they've instead been given info on Clinton and her campaign. There's still no proof the leaks come from Russia either. Russian language metadata in some of the files points to that, but it doesn't have to mean that it is. The metadata might be evidence, but it's not proof, and the US gov still haven't proven anything I don't think.

If that's wrong and anyone knows it is, feel free to post anything new that shows otherwise.

As for me appearing to be against Clinton, well I naturally am in a way. I've been following what's happened since Sanders was still in with a chance and the DNC leaks showed how her campaign and the DNC rigged things against him. So I have a fairly big problem with her still for that. Sanders could've truly turned America around for the first time in decades. I'll not get over that quickly.

Trump and his campaign haven't rigged things against a candidate that I wanted to win for the Republicans, so I don't have that type of loathing for him. He's also an anti-establishment figure, so there's also a natural buzz of seeing him piss off the idiotic American elites. The media are rigging things against him in places and I can't stand a lot of the media in the US, so I'm also going to point out how stupid they're being at times. Trump siding with Russia and to a lesser extent Syria and Iran is also something that I prefer instead of seeing the US gov get increasingly hostile with them. That's about as selfish and stupid as you can get the way I see it, making things worse with those countries, because of what it could escalate into.

But me getting involved like that can only go so far. To carry on down that route is getting closer to supporting him, I get that. That's why I've dropped off going on about Trump recently. I said recently that it could appear that I'm supporting him, and the idea of that makes me feel ill, because it does. He has fucked up views towards women and other races, doesn't seem to give a shit about the environment, would fleece people up and down America and probably cause some shit at some point in other countries. He'd also give a load of fascists around the world a huge surge in confidence. I'm completely against that, obviously. I'm more aligned to the polar opposite of fascism, anarchism. So if you think I want that lot more confident that things are going well for them, well that's just wrong.

Hopefully I'm done for now in here, and that clears things up a bit.

Trump is not just pissing off the elites(of which he is one) he's legitimising racism,homophobia,misogyny and nutters who shouldn't even be given the time of day. He's a dangerous fucker because he is genuinely stupid,like Reagan pre Alzheimers,and is as big a part of the status quo as Clinton. Yes its a case of two evils here,but Trump is easily the worst of the two.

Trump is not just pissing off the elites(of which he is one) he's legitimising racism,homophobia,misogyny and nutters who shouldn't even be given the time of day. He's a dangerous fucker because he is genuinely stupid,like Reagan pre Alzheimers,and is as big a part of the status quo as Clinton. Yes its a case of two evils here,but Trump is easily the worst of the two.

Agreed with the racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc. Trump being easily the worst of the two evils : mainly I agree. If Clinton provokes a war with Russia though you and every other Clinton supporter might end up being completely wrong.

So although I do not and will not support Trump, I won't say Clinton is the better choice. At the end of the day none of us know the outcome of what they'll do regarding foreign policy, it's just a game of guessing. Domestically I'd say Clinton breezes it though.

Thanks for clarifying that you're a massive Trumper.

I hope you're joking after the fairly long post I just made explaining how I'm not.

I support Jill Stein out of the four main candidates. I support Jill Stein I support Jill Stein I support Jill Stein!

#JillNotHill

Now please stop bugging me about Ronald Drumf. I DO NOT SUPPORT THE TRUMPOID, I SUPPORT JILL STEIN.

Agreed with the racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc. Trump being easily the worst of the two evils : mainly I agree. If Clinton provokes a war with Russia though you and every other Clinton supporter might end up being completely wrong.

So although I do not and will not support Trump, I won't say Clinton is the better choice. At the end of the day none of us know the outcome of what they'll do regarding foreign policy, it's just a game of guessing. Domestically I'd say Clinton breezes it though.

I hope you're joking after the fairly long post I just made explaining how I'm not.

I support Jill Stein out of the four main candidates. I support Jill Stein I support Jill Stein I support Jill Stein!

#JillNotHill

Now please stop bugging me about Ronald Drumf. I DO NOT SUPPORT THE TRUMPOID, I SUPPORT JILL STEIN.

It's your choice of words.  One should not buzz from Donald Trump.

It's your choice of words.  One should not buzz from Donald Trump.

Oh I can, have done, and will still do at times (buzz off the results of some of his actions, not the man himself.) if he's pissing off Clinton after what she did to Sanders, or if he's winding up the media and establishment frauds (and yes, even if he is part of that himself.) There's a lot of people who wanted Sanders to win that will probably be having the same feeling here and there as well. It doesn't mean that we have to automatically be supporting him though or a load of the backwards and warped shit that he stands for.

They helped prepare the meal by elevating Trump in the first place, and now they're eating it. They'll just have to hope that there's no lasting poisoning once Nov 8th arrives.

Oh I can, have done, and will still do at times (buzz off the results of some of his actions, not the man himself.) if he's pissing off Clinton after what she did to Sanders, or if he's winding up the media and establishment frauds (and yes, even if he is part of that himself.) There's a lot of people who wanted Sanders to win that will probably be having the same feeling here and there as well. It doesn't mean that we have to automatically be supporting him though or a load of the backwards and warped shit that he stands for.

They helped prepare the meal by elevating Trump in the first place, and now they're eating it. They'll just have to hope that there's no lasting poisoning once Nov 8th arrives.

How about the results of Trump's actions when he incites violence against minorities?

He is moderately irksome to the Establishment. He is a genuine lasting danger to millions of Americans.

I'm not amused by him.

#JillNotHill

I'm no fan of either of them but I am pretty certain Clinton is the safer option of the two. As for the war with Russia,I'd say Trump is more likely to start that as he keeps wanting 'boots on the ground' in the Middle East.

How about the results of Trump's actions when he incites violence against minorities?

I'm not even answering because it should be obvious what I think of that. Clinton, media, and the establishment are getting some well deserved shit. Some of us are going to laugh at times as that happens. It doesn't make us racists, homophobes, misogynists, or fascists.

I'd also vote for Stein, I absolutely do not like how she has the typical ductus of a trained politician though. That bothered me about Bernie as well. "The American people this, the American people that" - fuck off with that shit.

Is that not just a necessity in America though?