You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

Do people seriously believe a war will break out with Russia or China if Clinton gets in charge?

If so your fucking nuts as all sides know that one incident could end everything. They all know it and none will risk nuclear attacks with a war

You think the USA will give up global control and the right to do as it chooses unchallenged perhaps they just have all those nukes for decorative purposes?

Both candidates would happily start ww3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCwJ8pfXXo

The result of Hilary no fly zone:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmE9Jj-rEVs

I thought Trump ripped her to shreds. She's a serial liar, she even denied deleting the emails (after being subpoenaed) in front of the television audience. 

The stuff about her laughing at the 12 year old girl who was raped and her protection of Bill's rape and sexual assault charges easily outweigh what Trump said in jest to a couple of colleagues. He counteracted that well and went after her furiously on the email scandal.

I hope she wins but Trump definitely had a better showing this time around. 

You think the USA will give up global control and the right to do as it chooses unchallenged perhaps they just have all those nukes for decorative purposes?

Both candidates would happily start ww3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCwJ8pfXXo

The result of Hilary no fly zone:

A nuclear world war 3 would be incredibly bad for business. Much more profitable to have conventional wars by proxy whereby munitions can be sold to and by both sides ad infinitum.

If you can tell me how enforcing a no fly zone in Syria doesn't risk war with Russia, Syria and possibly Iran as well, I'd be interested.

You posted a quote in which Clinton acknowledged that risk. You didn't post the bit where she says "Fuck it, let's do it anyway."

I'm actually reassured by the revelation that one of the candidate understands that actions have consequences and that risks are best considered before the bombing starts.

Trump rocked her with the email stuff, but the 12 year old rape victim stuff was slimy by Trump and has largely been debunked by fact checkers.

Clinton won again, for me. Trump wasn't as bad as the first debate, but his lack of knowledge and tendency to spout incorrect, off the cuff bollocks was largely exposed again. As was his predilection to telling lies.

He also seemed the more easily flustered of the two.

Quite strange to see him say that he admired Clinton's fight and her never give up attitude when he'd claimed in the first debate that she lacked stamina.

The stuff about the 12 year old girl was fucking disgraceful stuff from Trump. The way he lumped everything together implied that Bill had done it. It disgusted me to the point where I had to look it up

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

Coincidentally, Donald Trump actually is facing trial over raping a 13 year old.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/10619944

Trump brought up emails, wikileaks, told Hillary she'd be in jail if he wins. CIA Cooper told the audience they were wasting time by clapping and cheering? What a Hillary owned CIA fraud that cunt is.

Did you see the intro before even the first question was asked when the debate moderators asked the audience not to clap and cheer after answers as it would spoil the flow of the debate and take up time when questions could be asked instead?

Or were you ironing your tinfoil hat at that time?

That's actually wrong in at least one place. They say :

They're wrong. Syria, Russia and Iran are all fighting ISIS, Trump was right. They even basically admit that in the expanded explanation. They accept that Iran is doing, then state : "Syria and Russia have carried out airstrikes against some Islamic State militants, but the majority of their military action has been conducted against other more moderate rebels."

Just because they're focusing mostly on Al-Qaeda and so called "more moderate rebels", it doesn't mean they're not fighting ISIS as well. The US should know, they bombed a load of Syrian army recently in a place that's fucking surrounded by ISIS, Deir Ezzor. Russia are also helping them there.

From the CEO of Al-Masdar News on twitter :

Links for the quote (main tweet and responses made to it.) : https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/785358227546386432

So, they're not just "fighting ISIS". They are attacking Kurds and the various other opponents of Assad, regardless of whether they are allied with al Qaeda or Al Jolson. In other words, it is not a lie, but it's "mostly misleading" to act as if they are only fighting ISIS.

Did you see the intro before even the first question was asked when the debate moderators asked the audience not to clap and cheer after answers as it would spoil the flow of the debate and take up time when questions could be asked instead?

I've tried to bring it to his attention but he keeps going on about CIA Cooper and calling me naive. 

CIA Anderson Cooper. I regularly call him that or something similar when mentioning him, he spent two summers training at the CIA when he was younger. It's probably naive to think that he no longer has any contact with them too.

I went to church a few times as a child, therefore it's naive to think that I'm not spreading the word of God these days.

I've tried to bring it to his attention but he keeps going on about CIA Cooper and calling me naive.

Might help if you both checked my posts properly :

I didn't say he was outing himself as CIA. I meant outing himself as in the bag for Clinton, which he clearly is. He's one of CNN's main muppets. I missed that they'd said that about no clapping and cheering though. Can you imagine how odd it would've been if Trump telling Clinton she'd be in jail if he won was met with silence? Would've been strange to just carry on as if nothing mental had happened.

Not sure how I'm supposed to know the answer to this :

So what are you saying? Is he part of the CIA or not?

I don't like the CIA, CNN or Cooper. It's not really a big deal putting CIA before his name as far as I can tell. If you stop asking me about him I'll stop mentioning him in response.

So, when elected, Trump will put Hillary in jail and grab ISIS by their pussy.

I think poor, silly Donald needs to read the chapter on separation of powers in his Politics For Dummies book.

Also, threatening to throw a political opponent in jail if you win an election is something you'd expect from Mugabe or some other semi-dictatorial loon. Not a potential POTUS.

He's an absolute mentalist.

So, they're not just "fighting ISIS". They are attacking Kurds and the various other opponents of Assad, regardless of whether they are allied with al Qaeda or Al Jolson. In other words, it is not a lie, but it's "mostly misleading" to act as if they are only fighting ISIS.

NY Times said this :

Mr. Trump said Syria, Russia and Iran are fighting the Islamic State.

Mostly misleading.

Donald J. Trump said Syria, Russia and Iran are all fighting ISIS, a name for the Islamic State. Syria and Russia have carried out airstrikes against some Islamic State militants, but the majority of their military action has been conducted against other more moderate rebels. Iran, however, has trained Shiite militias that are key fighting forces against the Islamic State in Iraq.

Trump didn't say "only" fighting ISIS according to that, he just said that they're fighting ISIS. That's not mostly misleading, it's 100% correct.

I thought Trump ripped her to shreds. She's a serial liar, she even denied deleting the emails (after being subpoenaed) in front of the television audience.

The stuff about her laughing at the 12 year old girl who was raped and her protection of Bill's rape and sexual assault charges easily outweigh what Trump said in jest to a couple of colleagues. He counteracted that well and went after her furiously on the email scandal.

I hope she wins but Trump definitely had a better showing this time around.

He's on trial for rape now.

The stuff about the 12 year old girl was fucking disgraceful stuff from Trump. The way he lumped everything together implied that Bill had done it. It disgusted me to the point where I had to look it up

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

Coincidentally, Donald Trump actually is facing trial over raping a 13 year old.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/10619944

I've just listened to the recording, turns out she didn't laugh at the 12 year old girl, she was laughing at the situation. But she was almost bragging that she got the man off on a rape charge and admitted she knew he was guilty by saying "I had him take a polygraph...which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs". 

In fairness i don't think that's uncommon for a criminal defence lawyer but it does show her complete lack of morals that she knew a man raped a 12 year old and didn't have any scruples about defending him. Nor did she seem to care about justice not being carried out and getting a pedophile off with a two month suspended sentence.

I've just listened to the recording, turns out she didn't laugh at the 12 year old girl, she was laughing at the situation. But she was almost bragging that she got the man off on a rape charge and admitted she knew he was guilty by saying "I had him take a polygraph...which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs".

In fairness i don't think that's uncommon for a criminal defence lawyer but it does show her complete lack of morals that she knew a man raped a 12 year old and didn't have any scruples about defending him. Nor did she seem to care about justice not being carried out and getting a pedophile off with a two month suspended sentence.

Does the cab rank rule apply in America? Should she risk her whole career and waste her education by not complying with professional standards by not representing her client to the best of her ability? I'm not sure if the US is the same, but if she did what you're implicitly suggesting she should of in the UK, she'd likely be struck off under the Law Society Code of Conduct and The Solicitors Practice Rules.

A nuclear world war 3 would be incredibly bad for business. Much more profitable to have conventional wars by proxy whereby munitions can be sold to and by both sides ad infinitum.

Hmmm I'm sure the contractors rebuilding Russia after the event would disagree.

In reality allowing US hegemoney to be challenged and checked and reversing it's control and right to control world affairs is seen as the first step to the USA losing it's power and that's even more bad for business. They'd rather, as you can see in the video go to nuclear war as it's preferable.

The whole business is threatened if they ever back down. Nuclear war has it's costs but these are outweighed.

You posted a quote in which Clinton acknowledged that risk. You didn't post the bit where she says "Fuck it, let's do it anyway."

I'm actually reassured by the revelation that one of the candidate understands that actions have consequences and that risks are best considered before the bombing starts.

What like removing gaddafi was consequenced by the rise of Isis?

Does the cab rank rule apply in America? Should she risk her whole career and waste her education by not complying with professional standards by not representing her client to the best of her ability? I'm not sure if the US is the same, but if she did what you're implicitly suggesting she should of in the UK, she'd likely be struck off under the Law Society Code of Conduct and The Solicitors Practice Rules.

I'm not sure because i'm not knowledgable on criminal law but i think they have something known as the American model where they can refuse cases on moral repugnancy and have more freedom over refusing a client.

"I advocate today a no fly zone, and safe zones." at 1:32 :

She also said "Russia hasn't paid any attention to ISIS" at 1:23, which is obviously false.