You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Depends what you mean by official association. She works for the Jeremy for Labour team and website which is his official campaign.

So she is probably a blairite with no official association with Jezza who probably doesn't even support him? It's actually possible she doesn't even exist and if she does she definitely is not associated with Corbyn in any imaginable way, if anything she is associated with anyone crazy enough not to share ol' Corbs' worldview. And if the right wing media attempts to link her to Corby it just goes to show how corrupt and fucked up this country is. 

• Downvote 1

Depends what you mean by official association. She works for the Jeremy for Labour team and website which is his official campaign.

I thought she worked for Momentum which supports Corbyn but isn't endorsed by him. I'm genuinely not sure though and don't have the time to look right now.

I work with cctv and even if a policeman walks into my office demanding I let him view cctv footage I can't do it or I would be breaking the law.

It didn't prove he was lying and it's not really relevant whether 'it helps the company' to break the law. What kind of logic is that? Shall we let asda empty their waste into your house of it helps the company?

You sure about that? I'm pretty certain they can request CCTV footage if there's a crime been comit.

You sure about that? I'm pretty certain they can request CCTV footage if there's a crime been comit.

Through the official channels yes which is done in writing by the department of the police that has the authority to make such requests.

If a police officer turns up wanting to view or check it i would be sacked if I allowed and leave myself open to prosecution for breaching data protection.

That's why cctv monitors are behind closed doors and if anyone viewed it from the public I would be sacked. I doubt branson has his cctv badge.

Obviously bransons Twitter account has more authority than a policeman because he's rich and above such laws.

• Upvote 1

Through the official channels yes which is done in writing by the department of the police that has the authority to make such requests.

If a police officer turns up wanting to view or check it i would be sacked if I allowed and leave myself open to prosecution for breaching data protection.

That's why cctv monitors are behind closed doors and if anyone viewed it from the public I would be sacked. I doubt branson has his cctv badge.

Obviously bransons Twitter account has more authority than a policeman because he's rich and above such laws.

So if there was a murder at the palace and it was caught on CCTV the police couldn't look at it until they'd applied in writing? Fucking bollocks.

Article about Corb's rally yesterday.

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/hundreds_turn_out_for_jeremy_corbyn_at_newham_labour_leadership_rally_1_4668883

image.jpg

To the right of Corbyn (from our perspective), Marsha Jane Thompson, who was convicted of electoral fraud for registering more than 100 fake voters.

If you judge a man by the company he keeps, then Jezza doesn't do himself any favours, does he?

Anyone know what David Laws and Chris Huhne are up to at the moment?

• Upvote 1

Please please please let this be true:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/25/aides-unable-to-reach-jeremy-corbyn-during-traingate-row-because/

Aides unable to reach Jeremy Corbyn during 'traingate' row because he 'was making jam'

Laura Hughes, political correspondent
25 AUGUST 2016 • 10:41AM

Jeremy Corbyn was unreachable on Tuesday afternoon during the 'traingate' row because he was making jam, according to reports.

Sources have claimed his team struggled to get hold of the Labour leader following accusations he had a seat on a train journey during which he sat on the ground for a video stunt attacking the quality of Britain’s rail services.

One Labour source told the Guardian it was impossible to reach him for some time on Tuesday because he was "making jam."

• Upvote 1

So if there was a murder at the palace and it was caught on CCTV the police couldn't look at it until they'd applied in writing? Fucking bollocks.

That's exactly the case because we are in breach of the law unless we have the documentation to release it.

Given that there's only the last three firms I've worked for have made the point maybe I should tell them stu disagrees.

If, in compliance with a secondary request to view data, a decision is taken to release material to a third party, the following safeguards should be put in place before surrendering the material:

In respect of material to be released under the auspices of 'crime prevention', written agreement to the release of the material should be obtained from a police officer, not below the rank of Inspector. The officer should have personal knowledge of the circumstances of the crime/s to be prevented and an understanding of the CCTV System Code of Practice

If the material is to be released under the auspices of 'public well being, health or safety', written agreement to the release of material should be obtained from a senior officer within the Local Authority. The officer should have personal knowledge of the potential benefit to be derived from releasing the material and an understanding of the CCTV System Code of Practice

Recorded material may be used for bona fide training purposes such as police or staff training. Under no circumstances will recorded material be released for commercial sale of material for training or entertainment purposes.

Individual subject access under data protection legislation

Under the terms of Data Protection legislation, individual access to personal data, of which that individual is the data subject, must be permitted providing:

The request is made in on the correct form giving correct information

A specified fee is paid for each individual search

The Data Controller is supplied with sufficient information to satisfy him or herself as to the identity of the person making the request

The person making the request provides sufficient and accurate information about the time, date and place to enable the data controller to locate the information, which that person seeks, (it is recognised that a person making a request is unlikely to know the precise time. Under those circumstances, it is suggested that within one hour of accuracy would be a reasonable requirement) Under those circumstances, it is suggested that within one hour of accuracy would be a reasonable requirement)

The person making the request provides sufficient and accurate information relevant to the particular search and which contains personal data of him or herself only, unless all other individuals who may be identified from the same information have consented to the disclosure

In the event of the scheme owner complying with a request to supply a copy of the data to the subject, only data pertaining to the individual should be copied, (all other personal data which may facilitate the identification of any other person should be concealed or erased). Under these circumstances an additional fee may be payable.

The data controller is entitled to refuse an individual request to view data under these provisions if insufficient or inaccurate information is provided. However every effort should be made to comply with subject access procedures and each request should be treated on its own merit.

In addition to the principles contained within the Data Protection legislation, the data controller should be satisfied that the data is:

Not currently and, as far as can be reasonably ascertained, not likely to become, part of a 'live' criminal investigation

Not currently and, as far as can be reasonably ascertained, not likely to become, relevant to civil proceedings

Not the subject of a complaint or dispute which has not been actioned

The original data and that the audit trail has been maintained

Not removed or copied without proper authority

For individual disclosure only (i.e. to be disclosed to a named subject)

Process of disclosure

Verify the accuracy of the request.

Replay the data to the requester only, (or responsible person acting on behalf of the person making the request)

The viewing should take place in a separate room and not in the control or monitoring area. Only data, which is specific to the search request, should be shown

It must not be possible to identify any other individual from the information being shown; (any such information should be blanked-out, either by means of electronic screening or manual editing on the monitor screen).

If a copy of the material is requested and there is no on-site means of editing out other personal data, then the material should be sent to an editing house for processing prior to being sent to the requester.

Media disclosure

In the event of a request from the media for access to recorded material, the procedures outlined under 'secondary request to view data' should be followed. If material is to be released the following procedures should be adopted:

The release of the material must be accompanied by a signed release document that clearly states what the data will be used for and sets out the limits on its use

The release form should state that the receiver must process the data in a manner prescribed by the data controller, e.g. specify identities/data that must not be revealed

It may also require that proof of editing must be passed back to the data controller, either for approval or final consent, prior to its intended use by the media (protecting the position of the data controller who would be responsible for any infringement of Data Protection legislation and the System's Code of Practice)

The release form should be considered a contract and signed by both parties.

http://www.nwleics.gov.uk/pages/cctv_and_the_data_protection_act

Happy reading.

"Hey, look over there!"

This is a Corbyn thread. if you want to discuss the heroes who rescued this country from bankruptcy, start a Lib Dem thread.

Not a distraction at all. I've called his competency into question on numerous occasions. Just get very tired of your one-eyed, partizan offerings.

Do yourself no favours.

Still picking and choosing when the economic policy of the last government is a Lib Dem responsibility I see. Must be handy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not a distraction at all. I've called his competency into question on numerous occasions. Just get very tired of your one-eyed, partizan offerings.

Do yourself no favours.

Still picking and choosing when the economic policy of the last government is a Lib Dem responsibility I see. Must be handy.

Haha

I am partisan, and I don't hide it. I fail to see how any of it is one-eyed. I have been extremely guarded in my criticisms of Corbyn, on whom I could really go to town, but I stifle 75% of it in the interests of healthy forum discourse, having grown extremely tired of the constant back and forth of abuse that ensues whenever someone tries to challenge the echo chamber.

Corbyn can surround himself with fraudsters if he likes, and others can judge him for that if they like. That's how freedom of association and freedom of speech work.

One of your favourite catchphrases during the last government was "Yeah, but Labour", which you always wheeled out when I pointed out that the coalition, for all its faults, was doing a better job than the previous lot. The implication being that I was trying to deflect criticism by pointing to the failings of others.

You've just done exactly the same here (not that Laws or Huhne situations are remotely similar anyway) so I hope you won't mind if I accuse you of blatant hypocrisy.

I'm the model of consistency. If there's something you don't understand, I'll be happy to explain it to you, in the appropriate topic.

Here's me thinking his policies were popular with people. Corbyns worldview that the poor shouldn't get poorer while the rich get richer is invalidated by him sittng on the floor of a train.

Corbyn can do now wrong in your eyes and every report in the mainstream press is biased against but try for once to be objective and just admit he was a stupid twat pulling this stunt on the train. I expect it wasn't his idea but he should't have listened to the dumb fucker that dreamed it up 

Corbyn can do now wrong in your eyes and every report in the mainstream press is biased against but try for once to be objective and just admit he was a stupid twat pulling this stunt on the train. I expect it wasn't his idea but he should't have listened to the dumb fucker that dreamed it up

Yes he was,absolutely.

I was giving this some thought and although it was a mighty cock up making Corbyn do the kind of political stuff he hates it might be an own goal that turns out not to be so bad,or at least highlights the train service in this country and the appalling service it provides. It seems that its difficult to mention Corbyn without mentioning the railways so it might be an unintentional positive if he goes on the attack over the railways in the near future.

The latest piss up/brewery news:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-conference-could-be-cancelled-after-g4s-turn-down-last-minute-offer-to-provide-security-a7209861.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Labour Party conference could be cancelled after G4S turn down last minute offer to provide security

The prospect of the Labour Party cancelling its annual conference has become ever more realistic after G4S turned down a last-minute offer to provide security.

G4S has been present at the event for 20 years, but has recently been criticised by party figures for various prison contracts and links to Israel.

A replacement was found for the Liverpool event, a new security firm called Showsec, but they as yet are unable to settle an industrial dispute with the party over union membership for its workers. There have been threats to form a picket line outside the conference entrance, which several Labour members have said they would refuse to cross.

Merseyside police have said that the event cannot go ahead without security, and that they are not in a position to provide it.

No other security firm has put forward a bid to police the conference in Liverpool.

In a statement the managing director for events in the UK at G4S, Eric Alexander, said: "This is a large, complex event, which we would ordinarily plan up to a year in advance.

"Security officers need to be cleared and accredited to work, detailed risk assessments made, safety and security plans with the Home Office and local police forces drawn up and supporting logistics, such as security equipment and staff accommodation, put in place.

"Our team of more than 100 security staff has secured the Labour Party’s annual conference for over 20 years and the feedback from officials and the police on our work last year, as in the past, was extremely positive.

"Clearly we were disappointed not to continue such a successful working relationship. Safety for delegates and our staff is our priority and at this late stage and with our teams committed elsewhere, we are not in a position to step in and provide security for the conference."

A Labour Party spokesperson said: “We don’t comment on commercial arrangements”.

The party voted to boycott G4S, who provide countless outsourced services to government departments, but who achieved notoriety in the build up to the London Olympics for failing to provide required security for the games. Jeremy Corbyn has criticised the company, which has a number of contracts in Israel.