You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Removing people from history

Moctezuma

I see why you were reluctant to post a link to this, you lying twat.

Nobody gave it "enthusiastic suppport" and the mods pulled him up on it.

Nobody negged him over it, whereas I keep getting negged over it. Tell me on what planet that isn't giving support to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nobody negged him over it, whereas I keep getting negged over it. Tell me on what planet that isn't giving support to it.

You live on a planet where indifference is the same as enthusiastic support?  Is that the same enthusiastic support the electorate give to the Lib Dems?

I've just checked.  Even you didn't neg it.  Do you enthusiastically support it?

The only intervention in yours & SpyBee's ridiculously overheated bitch-fight were two people pointing out (rightly or wrongly - I'm not getting drawn into this shit) that you're not entirely blameless when it comes to hurling insults that cross the line plus the mods pulling him up on it.  Nobody gave that comment any sort of support (let alone "enthusiastic support"). 

You can, if you like, say that you misremembered what actually happened and apologise to the people you've just insulted by saying they enthusiastically support that comment.  Or you can stick to your guns and let everyone know you're a liar.  It's up to you, really, I'm not arsed; I'm just relieved to find out that people aren't cunty enough to give enthusiastic support to a comment like that.

• Upvote 1

You can, if you like, say that you misremembered what actually happened and apologise to the people you've just insulted by saying they enthusiastically support that comment.  Or you can stick to your guns and let everyone know you're a liar.  It's up to you, really, I'm not arsed; I'm just relieved to find out that people aren't cunty enough to give enthusiastic support to a comment like that.

If I stop getting negged over a disagreement that someone else started, and if certain people stop trying to raise the issue again and again just to stir the pot, then I am more than happy to alter my assessment of the situation. Actually it would come as a great relief to know that folk trying to ruin my life were not in the majority.

• Downvote 5

The only honest way to respond in depth to the things you're writing in this thread would be to point out your character defects and pull apart your behaviour, Stronts, given what you're doing is so underhand and divorced from reality.

Due to this fact, and my desperately not wanting to upset someone so manifestly unable to cope with fair criticism, I've simply negged you. 

You can however be reassured that I'm not trying to ruin your life; I know this was a genuinely held and significant concern.  In fact, as I similarly sincerely believe you're your own worst enemy, I'm trying to encourage you to look within, recognise your faults and stop ruining your own life.  

I'm actually trying to help you Stronts, and it's hurting me more than it is you.

• Upvote 2

The only honest way to respond in depth to the things you're writing in this thread would be to point out your character defects and pull apart your behaviour, Stronts, given what you're doing is so underhand and divorced from reality.

Due to this fact, and my desperately not wanting to upset someone so manifestly unable to cope with fair criticism, I've simply negged you. 

You can however be reassured that I'm not trying to ruin your life; I know this was a genuinely held and significant concern.  In fact, as I similarly sincerely believe you're your own worst enemy, I'm trying to encourage you to look within, recognise your faults and stop ruining your own life.  

I'm actually trying to help you Stronts, and it's hurting me more than it is you.

You've figuratively negged yourself really.

If I stop getting negged over a disagreement that someone else started, and if certain people stop trying to raise the issue again and again just to stir the pot, then I am more than happy to alter my assessment of the situation. Actually it would come as a great relief to know that folk trying to ruin my life were not in the majority.

Are you even aware that the "certain person" who brought this thing up was you, you bad helmet?

And these people trying to ruin your life... how are they doing that?  Wasn't there a story about a certain person blabbing some shite to another poster's employer?  I don't follow this shit closely, but I'm sure I've heard you being accused of that.

• Upvote 4

If the great art of criticism has been so devalued that base insults and unprovoked abuse now qualifies, then at least now I understand how Claudia Winkleman got the BBC Film gig.