You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard to return?

Nelly-Szoboszlai

I still think Gerrard could do a job for 30 minutes or so, he's a central midfielder who knows where the net is, something we're lacking, but I thought one of the reasons he left was because he didn't fancy a bit part role. At the end of the day Klopp is manager and it's up to him.

Just sounds like he's over here keeping fit though, like plenty of players before him.

I still think Gerrard could do a job for 30 minutes or so, he's a central midfielder who knows where the net is, something we're lacking, but I thought one of the reasons he left was because he didn't fancy a bit part role. At the end of the day Klopp is manager and it's up to him.

Just sounds like he's over here keeping fit though, like plenty of players before him.

He said in his book that he would have accepted a coaching/player role where he comes on when/if needed had one been offered to him before he decided on Galaxy.

Agree though, I think he'll train with us until mid Jan and then head back to LA. Knowing him though he'll make a great impression on Klopp and he'll be back in some capacity when his contract ends next season. He's already hinted that next year could be his last as a player.

Great if Klopp wants him back. Otherwise no.

Irritating that the Independent have some line on Ayre disrespecting Gerrard and his agent by being late for a meeting this year that then only lasted 15 minutes. Is this from his book or is it something the journalist was briefed with? Either way, we can do without that kind of shite-stirring at the moment.

Thankfully the man who will decide anything to do with this is a world class manager. One who I am sure respects everything Gerrard has achieved but will decide what is best for the club without any of the emotional attachment everyone else has.

As it should be, I trust Klopp totally on this. 

• Upvote 3

Great if Klopp wants him back. Otherwise no.

Irritating that the Independent have some line on Ayre disrespecting Gerrard and his agent by being late for a meeting this year that then only lasted 15 minutes. Is this from his book or is it something the journalist was briefed with? Either way, we can do without that kind of shite-stirring at the moment.

That was in his book.

• Upvote 1

If the boss has no problem with this then get him back. We need his mere presence alone. He's never been devisive, only 100% committed to the cause. I was not to bothered when he left but realised quickly what a void he left behind.

That was until Klopp turned up. What harm can it do?

The idiot going on about the sending off against Utd being the last straw has not a fucking clue what he is on about.

Try sitting there getting dogs abuse from your most hated enemy unable to influence the game. Against a team he always does well against. Rodgers fucked that up. Not Gerrard.

• Upvote 1

I must have missed all those breath taking performances of late, we're in transitional period where we're struglling to score and keep a clean sheet, untill the season is out and Klopp starts making signings and shifting players, I don't see what harm can come from Gerrard returning and playing a few games. This is the squad that Joe Allen is still getting a gme in, LEST WE FORGET.

• Upvote 2

If the boss has no problem with this then get him back. We need his mere presence alone. He's never been devisive, only 100% committed to the cause. I was not to bothered when he left but realised quickly what a void he left behind.

That was until Klopp turned up. What harm can it do?

The idiot going on about the sending off against Utd being the last straw has not a fucking clue what he is on about.

Try sitting there getting dogs abuse from your most hated enemy unable to influence the game. Against a team he always does well against. Rodgers fucked that up. Not Gerrard.

I disagree. hes 35 years old and has taken shit off them for years. Clearly the only way to shut them up is beat them how could we do that with 10 men when we re already losing. If can comes on and gets sent off after 40 seconds he wouldnt get any sympathy. I absolutely love gerrard but that was the stupidest thing he did in a red shirt. Ahead of punching a DJ when we re top of the league and sticking up for wayne rooney live on tv against mancini. Imagine what fergie would ve done if rooney stuck up for gerrard like that.