You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Klopp's tactics: 'work hard and don't be a cunt'

I think that's one vital part of it yes. But there is definitely more to it, and that extra stuff is the main difference between Klopp and an average/good manager. And quite a bit of that extra stuff is tactics and structure, and having the players understand how to implement this.

I kind of like the simplicity of Rodgers tactics; give the ball to the best player to have ever played in the league, and let him do his thing. Nearly worked for us.

The best managers vary their tactics. Rafa's downfall is he deployed our team every week like we were playing Real Madrid, so you'd  go 1-nil up against Daggenham and Balllbags in the FA Cup or some shit and he'd take Torres off and replace him with a dozen sandbags and Ronald Raegan's Star Wars missile defence programme. Rodgers on the other hand, played every game like you were playing a West African Leper colony select eleven, even when it WAS actually Real Madrid. 

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

The best managers vary their tactics. Rafa's downfall is he deployed our team every week like we were playing Real Madrid, so you'd go 1-nil up against Daggenham and Balllbags in the FA Cup or some shit and he'd take Torres off and replace him with a dozen sandbags and Ronald Raegan's Star Wars missile defence programme. Rodgers on the other hand, played every game like you were playing a West African Leper colony select eleven, even when it WAS actually Real Madrid.

I was being sarcastic.

The best managers vary their tactics. Rafa's downfall is he deployed our team every week like we were playing Real Madrid, so you'd go 1-nil up against Daggenham and Balllbags in the FA Cup or some shit and he'd take Torres off and replace him with a dozen sandbags and Ronald Raegan's Star Wars missile defence programme. Rodgers on the other hand, played every game like you were playing a West African Leper colony select eleven, even when it WAS actually Real Madrid.

Brilliant.

I kind of like the simplicity of Rodgers tactics; give the ball to the best player to have ever played in the league, and let him do his thing. Nearly worked for us.

Aren't you talking about Klopps tactics? I remember under Rodgers playing possession football and keeping the ball outside the oppositions area making them chase the ball until the space opened for us to score.When we counter attacked we would go direct to the front two.

Under Klopp we go more direct and are looking to get it to our attacking players faster, hopefully Klopp keeps some of Rodgers signings around so we can continue to see the good link up play outside the oppositions box we see at times.

If Klopp wins with his style I'll be happy but I preferred the football under Rodgers, Rafa said a couple months back how Klopps philosophy maybe didn't suit the squad, with the quality players we have we would be better controlling games, Mkhitariyan also said Dortmund are now better because they control games more rather than doing everything as fast as possible.

• Downvote 4

Aren't you talking about Klopps tactics? I remember under Rodgers playing possession football and keeping the ball outside the oppositions area making them chase the ball until the space opened for us to score.When we counter attacked we would go direct to the front two.

Under Klopp we go more direct and are looking to get it to our attacking players faster, hopefully Klopp keeps some of Rodgers signings around so we can continue to see the good link up play outside the oppositions box we see at times.

If Klopp wins with his style I'll be happy but I preferred the football under Rodgers, Rafa said a couple months back how Klopps philosophy maybe didn't suit the squad, with the quality players we have we would be better controlling games, Mkhitariyan also said Dortmund are now better because they control games more rather than doing everything as fast as possible.

Mkhitariyan knows fuck all,even if he is a top player. Dortmund will be finishing second once more and until they overtake Bayern Tuchel is simply a potentially great manager versus Klopp,who is one.

There was a reason or two Klopp's Dortmund played at speed and it also took a few seasons to find the players to do it. I suspect Tuchel realises his current players cant play that way so has had to find a way they can.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes key acquisition from Bayern Munich amid summer arrival

JURGEN KLOPP will appoint Bayern Munich’s fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer to his Liverpool staff in the summer.

By PAUL JOYCE

PUBLISHED: 22:30, Tue, Apr 12, 2016

Fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer is set to join Liverpool ahead of the 2016/17 season

The 41-year-old has worked with Pep Guardiola, Jupp Heynckes and Louis van Gaal at Bayern, but will leave the Bundesliga giants and move to Anfield.

Kornmayer replaces Rylands Morgan who left Liverpool last week after four years at the club.

Many of Bayern’s current staff are following Guardiola to Manchester City when he takes over from Manuel Pellegrini at the start of next season, but Klopp has lured Kornmayer to Merseyside.

Liverpool’s pre-season will be crucial to Klopp’s hopes for next season and Kornmayer is set to play a lead role in preparations for the new campaign.

• 3 months later...

I'm starting to think that based on our potential signings, we will see two kinds of setups from Klopp this season.

In difficult games against top opposition I think we will play 4-3-3/4-3-2-1. Something like:

Firmino

Coutinho                                Mane

Henderson       Wijnaldum

Can

And then against smaller clubs, it will be 4-2-3-1. Something like:

Sturridge

Coutinho           Firmino/Wijnaldum           Mane

Henderson                        Can

Am I the only one feeling overly pessimistic about next season? I can see more of the same from last season and it terrifies me.

I'm not sure how to feel, myself. The fact that two world class managers have joined the league, that Mourinho is spending big at United, that Arsenal are always a certainty for top 4 and that Spurs have seemingly gotten their act together worries me a little but then the fact that we have no European football could mean fewer injuries/more training time for Klopp/fresher players which could give us a big advantage.