You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (h) 26/9/15

an tha

A win is a win.  Ings and Milner both had good games today - both worked exceptionally hard and showed a bit of class and creativity around the area.  Too many others still look out of form, bereft of confidence or not good enough.  Sturridge was gifted chances today, and he took a couple of them very well.  We also surrendered chances (and goals) far too easily.  Against better teams, in the league of which there are about 15, we would have been beaten today. Villa were abject.  

I'm glad of the win, but I'm under no illusions that what we've just witnessed was a good performance.

Strange.

Villa were awful, just awful, they must have had about 3 or 4 half-chances all game.  The concerning part is that just like Norwich, they scored an inordinate amount of their chances.  Meanwhile, we create 10 or 15 chances just to score once.

Unless the person receiving the chance is Daniel Sturridge, in which case there's a 50-50 chance he puts it away.  Keeping him fit the rest of the season is going to be so crucial to any hope we have of a recovery under a new manager.

We only went and won.

We looked a lot better going forward. Ings and Sturridge should be our starting 2 now. Benteke will have to earn his place in the starting line up. Ings work rate was great. Sturridge just scores goals. Got to hope he stays fit.

A win is a win. And I'm happy for that. Thought we played better and could've had well more than 3. Mainly down to Sturridge's lack of fitness that we didn't.

Still a bit too slow building up attacks. Not great defensively either. First goal was preventable. Saying that, second goal was an almighty leap from Gestede. Hard to defend.

How did that pile of shite score 2.

Fucking awful at the back again.

I can't get personal but what a truly awful manager we have.

No signs of defensive improvement and this persistence with 3 at the back with 2 defenders and a midfielder is beyond a joke.

Been a while since I have been so angry after a win

Angry after a win?

'kin hell.

• Upvote 1

Really glad we won, but this performance just papers over the cracks. Our defense was still terrible and every single time Villa went forward I was shitting myself. Having a fit world class striker really does make a difference to how we play and Sturridge and Ings both running in behind and putting in work made us a much better outfit going forward. I don't think Sturridge was in the game in the first half, in which we just played around their box and did shit all like all the other games this season. Rodgers really needs to go and the club need to restructure.

Scum are top. How the fuck did that happen

Lucas was great today, It really pisses me off that people thought we could fuck him off in the window and it wouldn't make a difference, He's no world beater but we would be even poorer than we are without him.

Lucas is and always has been proper shit.

Pull yer head out of the sand, praising lucas is the very definition of trying to polish a turd.

• Upvote 1