You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Rats are dirty immigrants and deserve to be eaten. 

There are two species of rat in the UK: the sleek black rat and the larger, more numerous brown rat but neither is native. They arrived on our shores as stowaways from Asia, and have spread across the land.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z82mmp3

The brown rat, rattus norvegicus, is more successful.  Are we to conclude that the Norway model works in the UK?

On 1/21/2019 at 9:18 PM, AngryofTuebrook said:

Disingenuous? Like pretending that I called you a BNP voter? I mentioned UKIP and the BNP when you were riding your ridiculous false dichotomy of "did you vote for anti-EU Labour or pro-EU Thatcher?" I just took the logical step of asking whether you voted for the only anti-EU parties of the Nineties and Noughties.

As for Cameron and Osborne, any time you fancy raising an army of kaleidoscope-shakers to throw me out of my lavishly-funded job in Strasbourg, so I too am reduced to sunning myself, trotters up, on the Côte d'Azure, you'll probably find me as inconsolable as those cunts are.

Look at the poor fucker. He's a broken man.

Sorry can i address your points angry.

The reason there was no mainstream anti eu party in the nineties was the because the labour party lurched so far to the right. The choice of a tory or tory lite. 

Ive posted the labour parties position on europe as outlined in its manifesto and asked what the eu lovers disagree with, it not surprising you and others remained silent. Thatchers tory party on the other hand made no  promise of eu withdrawl.

As for Cameron im not sure what point youre trying to make, the eu result ended both his and osborne s political careers. They were both rich and entilted before they entered politics and both will remain so, Cameron is hardly going to have to resort to selling matchsticks outside downing street is he?

What I'm trying to nudge you towards admitting is that a General Election is not an EU Referendum.  You started down this logical dead-end by asking us if we supported Thatcher against Foot. The answer (already given, explicitly and implicitly) is obviously no. I  voted for Foot's Labour Party despite their stance on the EU; just as you avoided the BNP, despite agreeing with their stance on the EU. 

As for Cameron, you keep mentioning his supposed downfall and implying that it justifies all the shit we are currently going through.  I disagree. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

In my opinion this isn't going very well.

Try looking at it from another angle jarz. A tory prime minister and over a dozen tory minisiters out the door and we havnt tucked into the main course get.. In my opinion Its going fucking great.

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What I'm trying to nudge you towards admitting is that a General Election is not an EU Referendum.  You started down this logical dead-end by asking us if we supported Thatcher against Foot. The answer (already given, explicitly and implicitly) is obviously no. I  voted for Foot's Labour Party despite their stance on the EU; just as you avoided the BNP, despite agreeing with their stance on the EU. 

As for Cameron, you keep mentioning his supposed downfall and implying that it justifies all the shit we are currently going through.  I disagree. 

Its not just the downfall of one persoon its about the downfall of the tory party. Seen the state of em?

I missed the main point which should have been remmembering a day when we were not terrified of the eu  and openly debated leaving. although to be honest i dont think Corbyn and Mcdonal are that fussed on the neo con hedge fund lovers either.

What exactly has the UK got to offer going alone. A lot of business is here because it's English speaking and the access to the EU. Once we cut ourselves off at the knees with the EU we will no longer have that attraction. The finance industry, alongside the car industries and all the major manufacturers will fuck off, even mega brit Dyson is a two faced bastard. The only way we can be made attractive is to be a really low tax low regulation economy and that will totally fuck over the majority of ordinary working people. Come to Britain and exploit a desperate low paid work force.

I just don't see how it's good for anyone except the rich aristocratic bastards who don't want to be a non dom any more but don't actually want to contribute to the country they claim to be arsed about. 

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Its not just the downfall of one persoon its about the downfall of the tory party. Seen the state of em?

I missed the main point which should have been remmembering a day when we were not terrified of the eu  and openly debated leaving. although to be honest i dont think Corbyn and Mcdonal are that fussed on the neo con hedge fund lovers either.

It's not about being "terrified" - it's about understanding what's in the best interest of the working class in the UK. 

You have failed to demonstrate how leaving the EU is good for working people. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2019 at 7:17 AM, AngryofTuebrook said:

EU citizens in the UK  - people with jobs, families, lives here - are having to pay to request permission to stay from today. They then have to hope that some future government isn't incompetent and/or xenophobic enough to remove that permission, either through neglect (think Windrush) or by design. 

It's an arbitrary and cruel attack on the lives and wellbeing of a couple of million working people, which 51.9% of the electorate in 2016 voted for. (Obviously, the very people with most at stake were barred from voting in the Referendum. )

On 1/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, AngryofTuebrook said:

Any response to this, Gnash? With your vote you helped to throw a couple of million working people's lives into disarray. How do you - good, staunch lefty that you are - explain to them that it's for the greater good?

While you're here, Gnash, any chance of an answer?

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Do you think if Remain has won the referendum, the Conservative Party would be stronger and more united because of that? Cameron would stay and 2017 elections would not happen, but he would have to call elections this or next year. Would the rise in popularity of Labour happen regardless of the referendum, and how would referendum affect UKIP as a potentially true political force, do we need to factor in their post-referendum destruction in analyzing the Conservatives' strength? Maybe Mogg et alia would just have left to take over UKIP and compete with their old party, or start something new and split their vote.

5 hours ago, rico1304 said:

The Times reporting that the Cobra committee is preparing to declare a state of emergency if there’s no deal. 

Sunlit uplands and rubber bullets, was that on the bus? 

The Times reporting that the Cabinet Office Briefing Room A committee is preparing to declare a state of emergency if there’s no deal. 

Cobra is just so bloody Stallone.