You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

He played awful yesterday. Wrong side of the lad who had time to pick his pass for their goal. 1st touch rotten. Bullied by Azpilicueta time and again. Switched in the 2nd half to no effect. He just had a bad day. He seems genuine enough so no doubt pissed off with himself, hence the subdued response to our 2nd goal.

Nothing worse for the individual when your team kicks on after you've had the hook. More so being the captain and knowing it was totally justified.

The previous gobshite would not have made that change. Good man Jurgen

• Upvote 1

Milner's salary is a product of:

1. The Premier League gravy train

2. Him arriving on a Bosman

I won't use his salary as a stick to beat him with, so long as he is putting the effort in, which he is.

Ultimately I don't see him as a fixture in the side as we can, and will, do better. I suspect that after a window or two under Klopp, Milner will end up with a similar sort of position here as at Man City - dependable squad man.

• Upvote 2

He is the quintessential jack of all trades. A very average footballer, elevated by better players around him. He reminds me very much of a Benitez signing, his touch is abysmal. Once Henderson is back he's straight out of the team for me.

Errr... Benitez signed Torres, Xabi, Mascherano, Reina.