You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Player Awards @ The Echo Arena

dobbalina

Anymore embarrassing than any other time it is held, like always?

Again it's just something that happens that ultimately has very little impact on anything. You see that as a defence when really it's indifference and bemusement at the reaction.

They are 'celebrating' a year when overpaid underperforming people have successfully milked their adoring public while producing a steaming pile of shite.  Seriously.  There should be a cut off point.  Win nothing, there's nothing to celebrate.

• Upvote 1

They are 'celebrating' a year when overpaid underperforming people have successfully milked their adoring public while producing a steaming pile of shite. Seriously. There should be a cut off point. Win nothing, there's nothing to celebrate.

I don't disagree, where I struggle is the outrage over this particular year as opposed to every other year where, unless I'm mistaken, we've not exactly paraded many trophies either.

It seems a trivial issue given greater importance because it's a chance to have another go rather than a fundamental dislike of the idea.

Nice pictures Section but you are a bit unfair. Balottelli  at least has won trophies, including Serie A, a Premier League and a Champions League.

You should have added a picture of Rodgers' trophy cabinet, who is a winner and the best man for the job, according to him.

I don't disagree, where I struggle is the outrage over this particular year as opposed to every other year where, unless I'm mistaken, we've not exactly paraded many trophies either.

It seems a trivial issue given greater importance because it's a chance to have another go rather than a fundamental dislike of the idea.

Perhaps it's the straw that broke the camel's back.  I'm just wondering, particularly given the end to the season, at which point it's ok to complain that it's not good enough and that the manager needs holding to account. 

To be fair I can't remember it being held at the arena before or being pushed the way it was.

How long have they been doing it? - I can genuinely only recall it last year and this - and it seemed a much bigger deal from the club this year.

Nice pictures Section but you are a bit unfair. Balottelli  at least has won trophies, including Serie A, a Premier League and a Champions League.

You should have added a picture of Rodgers' trophy cabinet, who is a winner and the best man for the job, according to him.

It was more a take on the culture of the club then and now. Liverpool was never man utd, it won but it won classy, none of this bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

He can't it's still on the shelf in Ikea.

Not sure pointing out we have awards every season is the same as being all for it.

Can't help but feel that if we'd finished secondthis season that rather than this being the death knell of modern football, and a damping indictment of where the game is going it'd just be glossed over as nothing.

But then we tend to be rather over emotional on here.

Your forum emotion analysis is second to none.

• Upvote 2

Did people actually pay to go and watch this?  It's very strange that you know, why would anybody pay to go and watch rich people eat their tea and underperforming rats who don't give a shit win awards.

I was starting to wonder how many emails constituted to harassment after they sent me about 5 telling me how quick tickets were selling out and how I had to act fast to get mine.  Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

We don't matter any more do we? I mean the fact that the vast majority of right minded supporters are, at best, bemused by this farce doesn't bother them one shite does it? Fucking embarrassing, this. Bob wouldn't have it.

The likes of us are in the minority now. You only have to go to Anfield to see that, or just look on social media. That's how the club can get away with the shit they do. We all think last night's awards thing was a fucking embarrassment and shouldn't have happened, yet there will have been hundreds of thousands of fans around the world lapping that shit up.

The idea that fans on the likes of this place and other forums represent the majority simply isn't the case anymore. I used to think it was, but it isn't.

It's like Dawn of the Dead and we're all stuck up on the roof of that building looking down on all the zombies.

• Upvote 5