You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insightful piece on Dortmund & Klopp

ratcatcher

It's being a bit unfair on Rodgers, but that's already crossed our minds and made us shudder.

Rodgers has been a bit of a fun figure for opposition fans, but that's just banter. If you look at a 3 year assessment of him, his record's really half decent I'd say). City fans are wondering much the same as Liverpool fans though... who is doing the actual buying at our clubs? cos somebody is, and nobody's coming forwards to claim credit for it.... (cos the signings have been poor overall).

Negged.

Klopp would be a significant upgrade on Brendan, but I suspect that if City make a change, Rafa would be ahead of Klopp.

Agree with that. Whatever the fans want I have to believe that the owners value the CL more than the Premier League. The real international cash and recognition comes from winning the Cl. Rafa has a brilliant record overall and has won more European titles than most.

He's no Brendan Rodgers, mind, but then who is?

It's being a bit unfair on Rodgers, but that's already crossed our minds and made us shudder.

It' fair to say whoever comes your way will get sacked within two years and walk away with a damaged reputation. Klopp would be silly to go to the Etihad.

Before or after the lottery win, has any manager ever actually enhanced his reputation while managing you lot?

It' fair to say whoever comes your way will get sacked within two years and walk away with a damaged reputation. Klopp would be silly to go to the Etihad.

Before or after the lottery win, has any manager ever actually enhanced his reputation while managing you lot?

Mancini. 

Joe Mercer

Have you ever posted something that's enhanced yours?

• Upvote 7

Joe Mercer

Too slow! Spent too long reading about him on Wikipedia!

The Everton manager who sold him (Theo Kelly) seems to have been exceptionally dim, even for incumbents of that position

Rodgers has been a bit of a fun figure for opposition fans, but that's just banter. If you look at a 3 year assessment of him, his record's really half decent I'd say). City fans are wondering much the same as Liverpool fans though... who is doing the actual buying at our clubs? cos somebody is, and nobody's coming forwards to claim credit for it.... (cos the signings have been poor overall).

Half decent might be good enough for you. It's not for me.

I'd rather spend a wheelbarrow full of cash to get Klopp than get more of the sort of players we've bought lately

• Upvote 1

Joe Mercer

One manaager in the 400,000 you've had since the war? I think my point stands.

Have you ever posted something that's enhanced yours?

Weak as piss, that. You're a spineless poster, FC, who no doubt will be long gone should your lottery winnings ever run out.

Weak as piss, that. You're a spineless poster, FC, who no doubt will be long gone should your lottery winnings ever run out.

You asked for one, and you got one.

That's me told.