You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lewis Hamilton

Anny Road

Guest Pistonbroke

Glad he won. having Rosberg nick it after winning half as many races would've been robbery.

Plus the fact Rosberg comes over as a smug arrogant cunt, in fact every German F1 driver comes across like that.

Guest Pistonbroke

Alonso is the best driver on the grid

I hate Hamilton he is a cunt

Alonso is not the best driver any more, he was, but not now, plus he's another arrogant cunt. 

Winning two Formula 1 Championships is indeed a great achievement. Winning them with two different teams is even tougher and greater.

Not many drivers in the history of F1 have won Championships with different teams. The last 20 years, only Schumacher and Hamilton achieved that.

• 5 months later...

I quite like Lewis Hamilton. I follow F1 from afar and record most races and watch. It's an easy way to relax on a Sunday afternoon. When the race is on I'm supporting Hamilton. I want him to win. In international competition I usually want to see Brits do well. 

• Upvote 2

Had a free ticket to tomorrow's Indy 500 but going back to the UK to visit family, so couldn't make it. 

Hamilton on pole in Monaco. Hopefully he wins the race. It's a special one. 

Does it not concern you at all GR that the idol you follow advocated poverty. Camel eye of needle etc. Whilst to me you seem to have a Lifestyle that most of us could only dream of.

Not your fault but makes your religious ideology seem at bit daft.

Does it not concern you at all GR that the idol you follow advocated poverty. Camel eye of needle etc. Whilst to me you seem to have a Lifestyle that most of us could only dream of.

Not your fault but makes your religious ideology seem at bit daft.

Not sure what you are on about mate. Help me out a bit more. What idol do I follow? And what's this about advocating poverty? I genuinely don't know what you are talking about. And I'm not sure what you mean about my lifestyle?!

Not sure what you are on about mate. Help me out a bit more. What idol do I follow? And what's this about advocating poverty? I genuinely don't know what you are talking about.

I think he's suggesting because you are a man of god you shouldn't be allowed to go to the Indy 500 or fly home to visit your family without feeling guilty about it.

I think he's suggesting because you are a man of god you shouldn't be allowed to go to the Indy 500 or fly home to visit your family without feeling guilty about it.

Oh, I see! 

On the UK thing - that has been four years in the making. We last traveled to England when our kids were 7 and 4, and now they are 11 and 8. We are going this week because it is half term in the UK and so they can spend the week with their cousins. Plane tickets were more expensive later in summer. We've been saving for a while to do this trip. 

On a personal note, my mum had a heart attack around Christmas and she also has Leukemia. Without wanting to sound like a drama queen, it is quite possible that this could be the last time we see her, so we have moved heaven and earth to be able to do this trip. 

As for the Indy 500, it's a big race in these parts (I live in a suburb of Indianapolis). Loads of people have tickets and go every year. Lots of them have 4-6 tickets or whatever, and they make it a bit of a standing thing as part of their Memorial Weekend (read Bank Holiday weekend). It really isn't that big of a deal to go to the Indy 500 if you live around here.