You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

so this new (old) war in the Middle East

Ranxerox

It's all irrelevant to them. Press releases from loved ones begging for mercy and empathy, doesn't register with them. They hate where you where born, they hate the country that's stamped on our passports. They hate everything about what that represents.

I've come face to face with someone in that part of the world and I've never forgot to this day how much anger and hatred he had for me, purely because I had a Union Jack on my sleeve.

But hey, It's nothing personal.

Union Jack gear on your holiday though Sponge ?? That's bad wool behaviour, I'm not surprised.

• Upvote 3

You may be missing my hatred for the term RIP..

Indeed I was.

Yes when you look at it like that it's a bit of a pointless saying, but if someone takes comfort from hearing or saying it then it's no biggie really.

They're kind of hours away from breaking into Europe, these IS lads. 

I don't agree with their stance and head chopping antics, but they are pretty damn efficient at what they're doing. 

Controlling 34% of Syria, according to a Vice docu on YouTube. 

It looks like the bombing raids are having little effect too. If they take Kobane, and then push across the border into Turkey, I think that will be the wake up call for many and we'll definitely see a land, boots on the ground, conflict.

The bigger the intervention, the more bullets we fire, the more money is spent, the happier rich interests are.

Yep, no governments in the West are remotely worried, they're spunking their fucking pants.

No doubt we'll have another story of some Westerner killed a few years ago somewhere in the Middle East soon. That'll convince enough of the public that its time to send in our brave heroes.

The bigger the intervention, the more bullets we fire, the more money is spent, the happier rich interests are.

I normally buy into this rhetoric.

But, and I don't want this to be interpreted as an anti-Islam tirade as IS simply don't represent Islam, there is currently a rather large group of murderous, head chopping nutcases at the gates of Europe, who happily declare all non-muslims as "kafir" or infidels, and thus legitimate targets for their all singing, all slicing and dicing expansionist caliphate campaign.

I think it's not really about being a war to make people rich, but is now a genuine pre-emptive defensive strike to stop them in their tracks.

But, and I don't want this to be interpreted as an anti-Islam tirade as IS simply don't represent Islam, there is currently a rather large group of murderous, head chopping nutcases at the gates of Europe, who happily declare all non-muslims as "kafir" or infidels, and thus legitimate targets for their all singing, all slicing and dicing expansionist caliphate campaign.

I think it's not really about being a war to make people rich, but is now a genuine pre-emptive defensive strike to stop them in their tracks.

So we're going to cut all ties with Qatar and Saudi Arabia, and co-operate fully with Assad?

Wait, what?

Wait 'til the Khorasan get started!

The Turks are relatively relaxed. Isis is not going to attack Turkey; they'll be bringing themselves a whole shit load of what the Americans call whoop ass if they do.

I think chopping heads off yanks has already done that don't you?

I'm sure one regular poster said in the Ukraine thread that having a hostile force on your borders, flexing its muscles (not Purple Aki style) was justification for invasion. Will await a consistent approach here...

• Downvote 1

No, I mean from the Turks.  It's interesting, because the majority of the Muslims in Turkey are Sunni, so the picture on the ground in terms of support for the Turks getting involved in Syria is quite complex.  There would be no such ambivalence if IS went across the border though.  They know it.

No, I mean from the Turks.  It's interesting, because the majority of the Muslims in Turkey are Sunni, so the picture on the ground in terms of support for the Turks getting involved in Syria is quite complex.  There would be no such ambivalence if IS went across the border though.  They know it.

Wonder if that's why they were supposedly planning that false flag operation if true.

I think chopping heads off yanks has already done that don't you?

I'm sure one regular poster said in the Ukraine thread that having a hostile force on your borders, flexing its muscles (not Purple Aki style) was justification for invasion. Will await a consistent approach here...

Who said that?