You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Lennon has granted Heskey a two-week trial period before deciding whether to sign him full time.

“Emile is a free agent, I know him very well from my time at Leicester and he’s another player we tried to sign in our time at Celtic,” Lennon added.

“He may be coming to the end of his career but he still has very good attributes. It’s no-gamble stuff for us, we’re just bringing him in and going to have a look over the next 10 days, two weeks – see if he’s got something to offer.

“If he has we’ll look at it. If he hasn’t we’ll say: ‘Thanks for coming in but we’re not going to pursue this.’”

The answer was right in front of us the whole time.

That Odegaard kid is a really exciting prospect. He's one of the top, top 15 year old's in the world. And if we have a chance of signing him, we should. It doesnt hurt that both him and his father are big LFC fans.

Kolo Toure reported that the kid trained with the 1st team today - so there's no doubt we want him. (Source; video here: http://www.tv2.no/2014/12/04/sport/tippeligaen/6311523 ). In addition Rodgers himself noted to a few journalists that Odegaard did very well in todays training.

I'm not sure if he can make an immediate 1st team impact if he joins us this winter, but I'm sure he could do well coming off the bench now and then. Mixed in with the odd 1st team appearance we could let him flourish in the U21s until next season, in which he very well can end up doing a good job for the 1st team starting next season. 

The question though is what Odegaard himself wants. Based on what his father has told the media he does not want to play for a "B" side (aka the U21s), rather he wants to play for a 1st team. This in order for him to continue progressing and learning. One possible solution can be to buy him, but then to loan him out to a team in smaller, but technical league such as the Dutch league or the Spanish 2nd division. 

Exciting this.

That Odegaard kid is a really exciting prospect. He's one of the top, top 15 year old's in the world. And if we have a chance of signing him, we should. It doesnt hurt that both him and his father are big LFC fans.

Kolo Toure reported that the kid trained with the 1st team today - so there's no doubt we want him. (Source; video here: http://www.tv2.no/2014/12/04/sport/tippeligaen/6311523 ). In addition Rodgers himself noted to a few journalists that Odegaard did very well in todays training.

I'm not sure if he can make an immediate 1st team impact if he joins us this winter, but I'm sure he could do well coming off the bench now and then. Mixed in with the odd 1st team appearance we could let him flourish in the U21s until next season, in which he very well can end up doing a good job for the 1st team starting next season. 

The question though is what Odegaard himself wants. Based on what his father has told the media he does not want to play for a "B" side (aka the U21s), rather he wants to play for a 1st team. This in order for him to continue progressing and learning. One possible solution can be to buy him, but then to loan him out to a team in smaller, but technical league such as the Dutch league or the Spanish 2nd division. 

Exciting this.

So, this 15-year-old punk is swaggering about Anfield demanding 1st team football?

Does he want the Captaincy, as well?

The cheeky little cunt.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We don't need a 15 year old.

We need someone to make a difference, now.

That's true, we do. I don't think that means we should be shortsighted, though. If we've got a chance to sign the next Zlatan, Messi, Ronaldo, Aspas, Maradona, then we should be all over it.