You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

We had the money. The only connection he had was with Arsenal who were not willing to sign him.  you wonder how other clubs sign players.

He has a house/flat in London and wanted to live there.  A decision between Us or Chelsea is hardly any decision at all.  Other than having a connection with Liverpool why would you pick Us over Chelsea.

Can see us getting linked to Bojan after yesterday. Seems the kind of player Rodgers likes.

He's short and doesn't score many goals, should fit in very well. 

I meant in general, not specific to position.

I've not watched as much Bundesliga this season as I did last.

That said, I was impressed with Leon Goretzka at Schalke and Ron-Robert Zieler at Hannover, last season. I know Goretzka has been injured this season and is yet to feature.

I've also been a fan of Son at Leverkusen/Hamburg for a while. He has a lot of good qualities and appears to be improving year on year.

I am still of the opinion that Patrick Herrmann would be ideal and would adapt to English football really well.

Can't imagine us even attempting to sign him though, we don't seem to bother signing actual right sided players, just buy No 10s and shove one of them out wide instead. 

Cabaye would be a good signing to be fair. Keeps the ball well and can hit it. Not sure he is much of a ball winner and for me he would just come in to replace Allen who I don't think is good enough for where we want to be.

We defo need another striker but if Sturridge comes back before January i'd be tempted to wait until the summer save paying an inflated price.

God knows who though. Sell borini and Balotelli for whatever we can. Origi comes in....

Sturridge, Origi, Lambert and,..... Higuian? Huntelaar? Benzema? fuck me it really depends on top 4 doesn't it. Fail to get in the top 4 and it will be Charlie Austin wont it. Fuck.

I am still of the opinion that Patrick Herrmann would be ideal and would adapt to English football really well.

Can't imagine us even attempting to sign him though, we don't seem to bother signing actual right sided players, just buy No 10s and shove one of them out wide instead. 

I'd be happy with Herrmann. De Bruyne is another we really should be looking at. Despite the lack of games for Chelsea, he's a talented player.

We're so shite these days I've started thinking... Charlie Austin he wouldn't be so bad, he could do a job for us. 

We're fucked.

The level of acceptance for mediocrity as fans we now accept is amazing.  Owners/Managers over the years have done such a good job at brainwashing/dragging down expectations of the fans even Politicians would be proud.

• Upvote 1

There's a huge gulf in class in the latter two players and we wouldn't have a chance at them.

Agree re Cabeye.

Matuidi would be the perfect signing, seeing that he hasn't played for PSG at all this season and he's exactly what we're looking for, but it's highly unlikely, granted.