You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

The point is, it's about time he stepped up and proved everyone he is worthy of the hype / circus that follows him. We could be laughing at this in six months if he kicks on with us. I liked his effort in the derby and he made some good runs too, but we need a lot more from him.

• Upvote 1

I desperately want Balotelli to succeed, despite never wanting him anywhere near the club prior to it becoming obvious he was in fact joining.  He does however just look puzzled as to what he should be doing a disturbingly high amount of the time.  That he is ultimately the person taking Suarez's place in the team only serves to highlight this all the more of course.

• Upvote 1

I don't particularly rate Balotelli; never really have. Even when he tries hard - which, to be fair, he is - he looks pretty mediocre. He has ability, though not as much as people make out. But he's a poor decision maker and, consequently, not a great team player; and, consequently, not ideal for a Rodgers team.

A better option than Lambert, clearly, but nowhere near good enough as a Suarez replacement.

Spot on. He just doesn't suit us/our style at all. I was baffled when we signed, even more so after seeing him play for us. Although his Liverpool career is in its infancy, I just don't see him being here for any length of time.

I think it's just our midfield that look clueless with one up top who doesn't run behind. He'll be OK when sturridge is back. It's just why did we sign him when he was so different to how we play? Would have been much better with remy or similar

Good point, if Mario going to be dropping deep the midfielders should be making runs ahead of him, we haven't seen much of this as they are used to playing balls in to space for pacey strikers.

A lot of players will look better when sturridge is back, opposition teams play deeper because of their fear of his pace giving our team more of the ball, Mario will get more space behind the striker as teams will have to watch sturridge aswell.

I didnt think he did well in the Derby, unlike quite a few people who thought he had a very good game because 'he worked hard'. I seem to see those same 3 words whenever anyone is discussing him as if they're trying to find some positives amidst the lack of quality, clutching at straws.Working hard should be the least we get from him but for some people it seems to be enough. I want to see quality. After all, Borini works hard but I don't see many people using that to defend him.

• Upvote 1

I desperately want Balotelli to succeed, despite never wanting him anywhere near the club prior to it becoming obvious he was in fact joining.  He does however just look puzzled as to what he should be doing a disturbingly high amount of the time.  That he is ultimately the person taking Suarez's place in the team only serves to highlight this all the more of course.

I agree . When they talk about intelligent footballers Balotelli will be stood in the corner with a pointy hat .

I didnt think he did well in the Derby, unlike quite a few people who thought he had a very good game because 'he worked hard'. I seem to see those same 3 words whenever anyone is discussing him as if they're trying to find some positives amidst the lack of quality, clutching at straws.Working hard should be the least we get from him but for some people it seems to be enough. I want to see quality. After all, Borini works hard but I don't see many people using that to defend him.

I think the thinking behind that is that he does have ability but it's not quite working at the minute yet he has (at times) worked hard. The Spurs game he was all over the pitch more so then Sturridge and sterling and it's no surprise that was our best game with them 3 playing together.

I didn't really think he done much in the Derby and I can't see him being here long but playing him upfront on his own while Sturridge is out quite clearly isn't working for me and he needs someone up there with him.

Agreed he's often isolated when receiving the ball with no one else around him. He won a lot of free kicks tonight , from situations when he had no right , and should have had some more too if it went for the retarded ref. He looked frustrated at times, he's getting shite service to be fair.