You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...I'm moving to New York.

FrenchEyeGlass

I feel oddly compelled to share this news to the forum.

I'm going to be moving to Manhattan, NY in a few weeks. Got offered a job by an investment bank so it looks like I'll be experiencing Wall Street in all it's glory, which should be fun...if scary as fuck.

I know some of you guys are from NY and most have probably visited, so I thought I'd ask if any of you had any tips on stuff to do/see?

Also, if any of you guys are out here, it'd be nice to watch a certain sporting activity next year with some fellow fans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Make sure you drive on the left side of the road. Talk lots about Communism. Let them know we let them win the Revolutionary War and help us win WW1 and WW2 to make them feel big and important, they love that. And remember your arse is a fanny. Most of all push the point that American a Footballers are fags compared to Rugby players and that Baseball is Rounders, which is a girls game.

You'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Make sure you drive on the left side of the road. Talk lots about Communism. Let them know we let them win the Revolutionary War and help us win WW1 and WW2 to make them feel big and important, they love that. And remember your arse is a fanny. Most of all push the point that American a Footballers are fags compared to Rugby players and that Baseball is Rounders, which is a girls game.

You'll be fine.

haha, don't worry, I have a feeling I'll offend a few new yorkers next year naturally. I've decided to try not to be the cynical, dourly sarcastic cunt that I am in Britain though.

Seriously though my niece is marrying a guy from Hoboken next year. He is an Investment Banker and they currently live in London.

Small world. I honestly thought Hoboken was a type of oriental cuisine when somebody mentioned it to me first.

Do you have any other nieces? Preferably mid 20s. And fit?

Somewhere very close to lower manhattan stringy. Perhaps hoboken, given its a shit load more affordable.

There's a ton of bars in Hoboken where you can get the footy - in fact, I've watched a couple of games there with a colleague of mine.  McSwithins, or McDuffs or something - there seem to be loads of Irish bars there is memory serves me.

i normally stay in mid manhattan when I'm working there so most of my game watching is done around there.  Just need an excuse to finish early for the Monday night games.  

haha, don't worry, I have a feeling I'll offend a few new yorkers next year naturally. I've decided to try not to be the cynical, dourly sarcastic cunt that I am in Britain though.

Small world. I honestly thought Hoboken was a type of oriental cuisine when somebody mentioned it to me first.

Do you have any other nieces? Preferably mid 20s. And fit?

Frank was from Hoboken. I have a few fit nieces but you'd have to head for Huyton or Kirkdale. Not sure about the job opportunities in your field. Good luck though mate.

There's a ton of bars in Hoboken where you can get the footy - in fact, I've watched a couple of games there with a colleague of mine.  McSwithins, or McDuffs or something - there seem to be loads of Irish bars there is memory serves me.

i normally stay in mid manhattan when I'm working there so most of my game watching is done around there.  Just need an excuse to finish early for the Monday night games.  

This is ace news, especially as I'm going to have to wake up early as fuck to watch the 3PMs. Completely forgot about the Monday nights and of course, Champions League nights. Damn. Our first season back and I'm probably going to miss every single match! This isn't turning out to be such good news...

I'm going to have to get some sort of TV package sorted out too Stringy, any tips on that?

Once I settle in I'll shoot you a PM with my details and we'll have to catch a few drinks and a match together.

Frank was from Hoboken. I have a few fit nieces but you'd have to head for Huyton or Kirkdale. Not sure about the job opportunities in your field. Good luck though mate.

Thanks a lot geez. If them nieces of yours ever want a tour of NY, I'll be the most hospitable host.

Congrats mate and good luck.  

Cheers mate!