You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...I'm moving to New York.

FrenchEyeGlass

Shit, I have a lot of people to reply to. Seriously, a massive thanks to all the well wishes brethren. Means a lot - probably why this was the first place I announced it!

Fantastic place mate get over to Brooklyn once in a while my mate has a bar there in Bay Ridge called The Longbow it's a sports bar so no problem watching the Reds tell them I.sent you.& you will probably get a free drink, food is pretty good too

This is the kind of shit I want to hear TJ!! I'll definitely pass through on more than one occasion, I plan on getting pissed and watching us play fairly regularly. Thanks for the heads up mate.

it is. unless you are a 1/10 or something.

Thanks Jinge, I'm an awesomeasfuck/10.

Here's all you need to know FEG

TV - all the league games are on NBC, if you want cable you'll have to get Time Warner, it's your only fucking option. Bring your tablet/phone to work with you once you've hooked up cable so you can watch the matches on NBC Live Extra  app (http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/). The CL and cup games should be on Fox Sports. 

The town - 11th Street Pub is still our supporters bar (on...wait for it...11th street). Nevada Smith's is the Manc bar, although you can watch any game there, it's huge, sometimes fun to raise hell with lots of other team's supporters. Perdition (my friends bar on 49th and 10th ave) is technically a Spurs bar, also fun to mix it up on big match days. 

Living arrangements - Hoboken/Weehawken are decent towns with easy access to Manhattan via the PATH train. However, you might need a car or have to take buses. And if you want to do stuff in Manhattan, it can be a pain in the ass to get back and forth (especially late at night). Live in Manhattan, you'll thank me at some point.

There's nothing quite like being wasted before noon, stumbling to Nevada's, talk shite, black out and wake up on the floor of your apartment with a half eaten street meat gyro...memories.  Welcome :)

Thanks Gravity, this is exactly what I needed to be honest. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch matches whilst at work (probably during lunch?) but that app will probably a life saver as I imagine being out and about a fair bit to be honest and hope to be waking up in random apartments on a saturday.

I was hoping there was a supporters bar and I was sure there was - will defo be heading down regularly. Are you in there much nowdays? If you are, or generally in and around NY, make sure you catch me. I'll PM you my details once I have them. 

In regards to living...

Whoever said it before, live in Manhattan is correct.  Evenings are so much easier if the commute is simple, especially as in comparison to the UK you will most likely have to work way longer hours.  Working there, being single (a good while back), was the best fun I've had.  But I always had to remind myself that the city is bigger than me, there's always something happening, and I just had to slow down at times.

I completely agree with both you and Delmar, living in Manhattan will be a truer and I guess, more intense experience. I'll definitely be doing it at some point but not initially - the company is putting me up in Hoboken for little to fuck all in a pretty nice apartment and paying for my travel, which will save me so much money. I think I'm going to trial it for a few months and then definitely experience Manhattan once I've settled in a bit more. 

Delmar, I can get a sense of what you mean in regards to the bolded. I feel like a gluttonous fuck about to enter a the worlds biggest buffet. Ridiculously excited but aware that its going to be so fast, vast and intense that I need to just enjoy it and not try and do every single thing.

Myself and six of my very good friends will be in the 11th street bar to watch a sporting event on 31st august (if its open that early) having arrived in NYC the day before, you are more than welcome to join our merry little band of scallywags.

Definitely up for this mate. Will message you closer to the time.

Jammy cunt.

All the best mate. Nobody here is jealous. Nobody.

Don't s'pose you need an assistant?.I'll work for minimum wage and I'm an ace wingman. But all accommodation, beer and associated broads cost is all on you.

Let me know, i'll start packing now.

Hahaha I am indeed a pretty jammy cunt, I accept that. Seriously though, come over if you can mate and all of those things will be on me. I get first dibs on every bird though and I also get to share yours. Deal?

Hoboken is great. Excellent links on the path. Great bars and cafes. Brilliant views of Manhattan at night, too.

You're a lucky fucker. NYC is great.

Good luck.

Which bank?

Thank MT. I don't think I'd want to say because I've just spent the whole thread talking about how I'm going to get pissed and fuck senseless haha, but they are one of the biggest IBs in the world.

NY aside, the role is incredible and pretty much what I've been working towards for years. Really in dreamland in the moment to be honest mate

The traffic will make you want to go on a murderous rampage

I won't be driving (aside from on roadtrips to nearby cities) but I have a feeling the human traffic might do as well.