You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

I'm not as livid as Matty and I certainly won't call Luis a cunt but I totally understand the sentiment.

Do we really want to sell one of the top 3 players in the world? Of course not. But when do you cut & run? You can just about guarantee there'll be something else within the next year. I'm sick of the sinking feeling I get whenever he does something fucking stupid, wondering how many games he's going to miss for us this time and how much shit he'll get which will only increase his will to move to Spain.

The media, pundits, fans and players will go to town on him yet again, but who suffers? The club who pay him 200k a week and the fans. And he complains about the media circus that surrounds him. He's got the resources to have had the best treatment in the world for his behaviour but he STILL acts like an arse. I love the his never-say-die attitude, especially his emotion on what he viewed as his revenge against the English for his treatment but biting, but his diving and complaining piss me right off. it's his own fault, not the media's.

Yet again he's let LFC and its supporters down. For me, the world cup and what should have been an exciting transfer window are now totally overshadowed by him and his inability to act like a human being.

Let's not make any pretences; if he played for the mancs we'd fucking despise the bloke and we'd be laughing at them. We love him for his goals but add together the amount of bans he gets along with the fact that if he does go this summer he's probably knocked 30-40 million off what his price would have been. It's more than fucking irritating.

• Upvote 4

One thing is for sure - we now need a quality striker for cover for the 9 Premiership Games and half the CL group games. Hopefully that Sanchez rumour is more than just Phil's imagination.

Plus once the ban is lifted, he isn't exactly going to be match fit immediately.

And fuck our own fans who yet again watch their star player sit out an extended ban?

Not much you can do when a corrupt organisation makes shit up as they go along.  He should never have been banned for us.

Collymore saying Fifa have taken advice from Us on the ban.

If only you were R Kelly and could turn back the hands of time, don't get wise with me you xerk.

I'm pretty sure if he was R Kelly and could turn back the hands of time he'd go back to the moment just before he made sweet beautiful love to that teenager and press stop on the camera. He'd then make sweet beautiful love to her all over again.

Not much you can do when a corrupt organisation makes shit up as they go along.  He should never have been banned for us.

Collymore saying Fifa have taken advice from Us on the ban.

Eh... How does that work then.

FIFA -  Hi this is Fifa...  how long would you like us to ban Suarez for.

LFC -  Err ... How does 4 months sound.

FIFA -  Sounds good to us, consider it done

• Upvote 1

That's Ian Ayre for you.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure how FIFA can impose stadium bans. Very odd that. In fact, I'm 99.9% sure if THAT went to court, they'd loose.

He's employed by LFC, and has a right to visit his workplace. Match bans is one thing, but a total stadium ban? very odd. 

And if Melwood's banned too... what happens if the team decide to train elsewhere, can he then train with them all? - worth doing, just to rile FIFA. 

Fuck knows Collymore talks shit at the best of times.

Xerxes wonders what is coming next.

Well, Suarez will bite your tits off you 50yr old virgin Xerxes. But does Luis hang around tiny villages in england. I very much doubt it.

Don't give up the day job for fortune telling, will you?

What actually riles me more than anything is the thought that we'll probably sell him based on the fact that the owners are scared shitless he'll do something stupid again and get a quadrillion year ban.

Then at his next club he'll bite someones ear off and probably get a 1 match ban. 

I'm not sure how FIFA can impose stadium bans. Very odd that. In fact, I'm 99.9% sure if THAT went to court, they'd loose.

He's employed by LFC, and has a right to visit his workplace. Match bans is one thing, but a total stadium ban? very odd. 

And if Melwood's banned too... what happens if the team decide to train elsewhere, can he then train with them all? - worth doing, just to rile FIFA. 

Yeah its a test case so they are making up the law as they go along. I certainly clashes with English employment law. Lawyers will be getting excited.

....and journalists too. They'll follow him everywhere looking for any indiscretion.

What actually riles me more than anything is the thought that we'll probably sell him based on the fact that the owners are scared shitless he'll do something stupid again and get a quadrillion year ban.

Then at his next club he'll bite someones ear off and probably get a 1 match ban. 

For a while, I think most fans were just waiting for him to do something daft again, but Rodgers really seemed to have turned him around. Maybe he needs constant maintenance to keep the devil at bay, and Rodgers provides that - i.e. great man management. 

With Uruguay, perhaps he doesn't get that.

If it was reactionary, you could sort of understand it's his way of lashing out, but it seems to come out of the blue - almost as though he's got it in his mind to do it, and just needs to pick his moment when he thinks he won't get caught. Very odd.

I'm not sure how FIFA can impose stadium bans. Very odd that. In fact, I'm 99.9% sure if THAT went to court, they'd loose(sic).

We find ourselves at the mercy of an arrangement with FA's, national and international, that caught us once before in the Suarez/ Evra debacle.

The principle that Suarez was found guilty on evidence that would not have stood criminal scrutiny, even though it was a criminal offence, counted for nothing because we had already signed up to the FA disciplinary code which provided for that. ( We have subsequently done nothing to change that)

Equally, we now find ourselves in a situation where the FA and UEFA have signed up to a FIFA code which empowers them to do what they have done. Far from being 99.9% vulnerable to challenge, it is 100% watertight.

The punishment is unprecedented, but so is the offence. This exact situation is unlikely to be repeated, but the precedent has now been set, and clubs would be wise to regularise the protocol in future. It cannot be right that domestic bans have no international currency, but that the reverse can be true.

As a club we were wronged before.We have been again. Let's hope the Club does something about it for the future.