You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

LFC boardroom sources said that the club would explore the possibility of a lawsuit against FIFA over the decision 'global ban'. (Oli Kay)

The Times: "#LFC are considering legal action against FIFA & are furious that Suarez's punishment has been extended to a 4-month global ban"

I imagine most think he should have been banned for longer.

Truthfully, yes, I think most would - but that's the rabid mob screaming for lifetime bans etc

I personally think it's a bit harsh!... but that's because I imagine I'd much rather punch someone who tried to break my legs or headbutt me than I would a player who bit my shoulder (I might think differently if it was a SERIOUS bite).

I think most Sunday League players would call him a big girl's blouse for biting, then kick him off the park. But it'd be a proper punch up for a two footed lunge!

I wish I could take the high road approach with this mate and can see the benefits of us going about our business whilst everyone is waiting for us to combust. Its the pile up of previous incidents, which we got wrong which drives my thinking on this particular one.

I know a lot of people are really angry. I was fucking livid the last two days, mainly at Suarez and the rest of fucking idiot Uruguayans but I feel a lot calmer  today, Thinking about it the last two summers Suarez has kicked off and set the agenda. I'm sick of him now. I'm bored with his antics and want to be talking about something else. Our club is more than Luis Suarez however brilliant he might be, I couldn't have countenanced him leaving before this , especially after the season he had ,but when you think about it rationally its not the end of the world especially if we get Sanchez, Look at the upside.  We wouldn't be put through any more of his pantomimes or see the club dragged through the dirt .  

LFC boardroom sources said that the club would explore the possibility of a lawsuit against FIFA over the decision 'global ban'. (Oli Kay)

The Times: "#LFC are considering legal action against FIFA & are furious that Suarez's punishment has been extended to a 4-month global ban"

I'll give that as much credence as I will the stadium extension. As in I'll believe it when I see it.

Alan Green early, paraphrasing, said kicking, head butting and forearms to the face (his actual words, forearms to the face) where unacceptable but 'part of football' before going on to spout some other shite.

I can't understand how anyone who has spent any time thinking about it, rather than getting swept up in the Daily Mail style communal moral outrage, really think a bite is worse than a forearm in the face?

I can only assume that the precedent has been set and a third act of violent conduct in a career will mean a 4 month ban. Given Pepe's history of assaulting other players he'll have to be very careful.

• Upvote 1

Will it reduce the punishment? No.

Will it serve to reduce future punishments? No.

The whole campaign would be misconstrued and will just show Liverpool fans in a light where they are railing against a serial biting football player being banned from football. Which he should be. Just not domestic football!

In my very humble opinion.

Just because you are getting shafted in the rear in a dark alley, doesn't mean you are not going to reach for the nearest to fight the corrupt cunts off. 

Doing nothing is worse as it will show that we are wimpy push overs.

Win this one fight for all future fights. 

Truthfully, yes, I think most would - but that's the rabid mob screaming for lifetime bans etc

I personally think it's a bit harsh!... but that's because I imagine I'd much rather punch someone who tried to break my legs or headbutt me than I would a player who bit my shoulder (I might think differently if it was a SERIOUS bite).

I think most Sunday League players would call him a big girl's blouse for biting, then kick him off the park. But it'd be a proper punch up for a two footed lunge!

A few days later and I'm still not sure where I stand on it. There is no place for biting anywhere in sport of course but then it's not a career ending - or even interrupting - tackle, the likes of which attract three game bans.

It's a really strange situation. I can see why they've come down hard on him (and why oppo fans woukd be outraged) but then the punishment really wouldn't appear to fit the crime.

I dunno, basically.

I'll believe that when the club announce it,

Alan Green early, paraphrasing, said kicking, head butting and forearms to the face (his actual words, forearms to the face) where unacceptable but 'part of football' before going on to spout some other shite.

I can't understand how anyone who has spent any time thinking about it, rather than getting swept up in the Daily Mail style communal moral outrage, really think a bite is worse than a forearm in the face?

I can only assume that the precedent has been set and a third act of violent conduct in a career will mean a 4 month ban. Given Pepe's history of assaulting other players he'll have to be very careful.

Agreed,

Like I said, try an elbow to the face in Sunday League, or a bite on the shoulder.... the latter will be treated as 'pathetically childish'.  If it was a proper bite / fresh chomping, it would be a different matter, but his 'nip' with teeth is about as bad as someone standing on your foot. It's just society's conditioning to treat a bite as something horrific (just as spitting is put in the same category).

Forget the media, forget fucking FIFA for one fucking second, forget the pundits, forget that it was Suarez, forget the experts and please forget Danny Mills. 

One simply question and try to be as objective as a football can fucking get:

Does a biting incident deserve a World Ban from football for four months or should just consider that worse than an elbow, a punch or career ending tackle?

I am actually fine with a 4 month ban for a third violent conduct offence, head-butting, stamping, biting. Spitting too. Fuck people who spit.

What I find frustrating is knowing that this is a one off and, for no good reason, people have decided biting is somehow worse than other offences.

But isn't the gamble a continuous judgment? - where LFC must consider the likelihood of another transgression wiping him out for a full season or worse. So far the gamble's paid off, but they must be wondering how much longer that can continue?

I agree.

We are sitting on a substantial transfer profit at the moment, but three bans in four years is not good, especially when he is costing the club £200k a week.

If it was about adjustment and education there would be hope, but it's not, it's madness. And madness can crop up at any time. the fact that he is in denial about it makes things worse.

A few days later and I'm still not sure where I stand on it. There is no place for biting anywhere in sport of course but then it's not a career ending - or even interrupting - tackle, the likes of which attract three game bans.

It's a really strange situation. I can see why they've come down hard on him (and why oppo fans woukd be outraged) but then the punishment really wouldn't appear to fit the crime.

I dunno, basically.

For me, it's not the bite per se. He's been told we don't like THAT in Europe (we're a bit precious about it), and so he knows he'll get hammered for doing it. So he does it and gets hammered. It's the not learning that needs the punishment.

It's like cracking a sexist joke in work these days. We all know you're in deep shit if you do it, so we don't do it - even if we think there's not really much harm in it. He knows that, and still does it.

If he'd have kicked him - he'd have been sent off, and no more done about it. So in that sense, Suarez needs a slap for not thinking!

I am actually fine with a 4 month ban for a third violent conduct offence, head-butting, stamping, biting. Spitting too. Fuck people who spit.

What I find frustrating is knowing that this is a one off and, for no good reason, people have decided biting is somehow worse than other offences.

THIS!

Are you serious?

This happened on an international stage, so how about everyone including the fuckwits at FA and the cunts that are running the English press.

What would you be showing them? That you can make a banner? That you can organise a march?

I haven't read much reaction but I'd say everyone thinks the ban is about right for biting for a third time. People won't differentiate between domestic and international bans. And by railing against it, we'll just be making out that we don't agree with the ban. Ergo; condoning the act.

That's how it would come across whether that's your aim or not, and whether you like it or otherwise.

One simply question and try to be as objective as a football can fucking get:

Does a biting incident deserve a World Ban from football for four months or should just consider that worse than an elbow, a punch or career ending tackle?

No.

But a third biting incident in four years, at the showcase finals in front of hundreds of millions of people when you know he consequences will be a long ban?

No-one has been mad enough to do it- until now.

Dear FIFA,

Violent conduct is now a 4 month ban?

Biting somebody is not violent conduct.  It might be in a literal sense but it a football context it isn't.  Biting is the kind of shit that rabid dogs and badly behaved children do.

I wan't to be able to come to his defense I really do but there is nothing really that can be said, the guy is mental, proper fucking loony.

Repeat offenders don't get more lenient punishments as they go along they only get harsher and more severe and this is the result so a World Wide ban was just about the only thing that FIFA could do to get the fucking message into his thick skull. 

Like the man himself, unfortunately we are just going to have to suck it up and take it on the chin.

That's the price he has to pay for his fucking imbecilic actions and it's the price that we're going to have to pay for standing by and supporting an imbecile.

In any other walk of life if you or I did some stupid shit that meant that we were unable to go to work for 4 months we would be sacked, but Football's not real life.

There is an alternative of course and that's sell him and be done but non of us really want that do we?  It would just be like cutting off our noses almost.

I do hope however for at least a couple of positive things to come from this first and foremost I hope that Luis shows us the fucking loyalty we deserve for standing by him and stop taking every summer transfer opportunity possible to start acting up and courting a move to Arsenal, Barcelona or wherever.  I'd like him to repay us for our unwavering support and loyalty by publicly committing himself to our cause for the foreseeable future.  

Secondly I'd like to seem him donate a large portion of the contracted salary that he's going to receive over the next 4 months to some local worthy causes, I don't know maybe Alder Hey or the HJC or something.  That would be nice, unlikely but a nice apologetic gesture for letting us all down again.

Failing that he can apologise with another 30 goals next season when he finally gets to put his boots back on,