You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

What would you be showing them? That you can make a banner? That you can organise a march?

I haven't read much reaction but I'd say everyone thinks the ban is about right for biting for a third time. And by railing against it, we'll just be making out that we don't. Ergo; condoning it.

That's how it would come across whether that's your aim or not, and whether you like it or otherwise.

Let me know of your thoughts when you feel that the punishment does not suit the crime. No one is defending him and everyone has said so from the start; but there is a feeling of injustice here.

Your view is, we should not fight as it will appear that we are condoning Suarez actions. I say fuck that, lets fight what we want to fight for instead of being worried of how we being perceived.  

Forget the media, forget fucking FIFA for one fucking second, forget the pundits, forget that it was Suarez, forget the experts and please forget Danny Mills. 

One simply question and try to be as objective as a football can fucking get:

Does a biting incident deserve a World Ban from football for four months or should just consider that worse than an elbow, a punch or career ending tackle?

No, but if a player showed his arse to the ref he'd get a red card, whilst a dodgy tackle might only get a yellow.

It's about our twisted morality and the perception of the viewing public and sponsors.

We expect to see dodgy tackles. We even expect to see the odd kick out, or head clash, but when someone spits, or makes a hand gesture, or bites we are are supposed to be absolutely horrified and call for a public hanging.

And you know what? the public love it. You'll get 10 times more callers calling up about spitting than you will about an elbow. Fans love drama, and the media tell us THIS is a drama. And we buy into it!

So that's how he ends up with a big ban. It's bollocks, but it's all part of the drama of this stupid game.

No.

But a third biting incident in four years, at the showcase finals in front of hundreds of millions of people when you know he consequences will be a long ban?

No-one has been mad enough to do it- until now.

Severer consequences I get, not corrupted ones. 

No one would have said anything if he was banned from the World Cup but losing nearly 2 months of a new season at his club without being allowed near a stadium is outrageous to say the least.

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC  4m

LFC boardroom sources said that the club would explore the possibility of a lawsuit against FIFA over the decision 'global ban'. (Oli Kay)

Liverpool FC Online ‏@SS_LFC  3m

The Times: "#LFC are considering legal action against FIFA & are furious that Suarez's punishment has been extended to a 4-month global ban"

Expand

That's outstanding news. Whatever I think of FSG, there is no doubt that they're heavyweights and if they get into a legal entanglement with the openly corrupt fools at Fifa, we'll eat them alive.

No, but if a player showed his arse to the ref he'd get a red card, whilst a dodgy tackle might only get a yellow.

It's about our twisted morality and the perception of the viewing public and sponsors.

We expect to see dodgy tackles. We even expect to see the odd kick out, or head clash, but when someone spits, or makes a hand gesture, or bites we are are supposed to be absolutely horrified and call for a public hanging.

And you know what? the public love it. You'll get 10 times more callers calling up about spitting than you will about an elbow. Fans love drama, and the media tell us THIS is a drama. And we buy into it!

So that's how he ends up with a big ban. It's bollocks, but it's all part of the drama of this stupid game.

You want blood and gore in a game a football? Watch Rugby.

You want drama? Watch WWE.

I personally do not sit down at a game of footy to watch someone have a go at someone on a football pitch, its about actually watching the game. Some fans dig into it, but they should not be confused with the intelligent fans that wants to watch a decent game of football.

We can philosophize this all we want, but it is coming to a point where Sky, social media and journalists drive up the drama in order to get more coverage and clicks. This has absolutely ruined the game.

If this had happened in the 70s or 80s, we would have seen such a reaction.

I may be romanticizing here a little bit but fuck me is the average modern day fan a drama queen created by the powers rule over the modern game of football.

WHAT OF THE FUCKING CHILDREN I ASK YOU? 

In retrospect he might as well have landed a massive right hook and knocked the big nosed cunt spark out. Surely, himself, his country, and we, as supporters, would feel less hard done by and failing anything else, we may have had more empathy and I dare say the FIFA sanctions would be a less severe too. Bollocks!

David Usher is fucking shameless.

Sending Major Tom and Xeres to post incessant shite in this thread to force people into paying for the MF is low, even by his shocking standards.

You know the saying - pay peanuts get monkeys

I am glad the club is taking these steps.

Me, too. The attitude of some people seems to be that when given an excessive punishment, completely incommensurate with the crime, by a notoriously corrupt organization the correct position to take is prone, no grease.

That's a quality read. All true as well.

Seconded. And hilarious in parts too.

I called Suarez a cunt earlier and said sell him. I'm not really that arsed about opposition or pundit opinion. I was just concerned about how it would effect us on the pitch.

But, long term, I've backtracked and it's in our best interests to keep him.

Fuck what every other mock outraged knobhead says.

Not sure why people are so upset at FIFA.

We're lucky it's not double.

The punishment isn't aimed at LFC, stop with the conspiracy theories. He's being punished because he did it three times, that's three times. He needs treatment, he needs therapy, and he shouldn't be allowed back until a physchiatrist is happy with him.

There comes a point where defending him, in order to allow him to play, isn't the healthy option for the well being of the player. I love Luis, and I want the club to properly help him.

• Upvote 2

There is nothing trivial about biting someone else. It's not permitted in the street, or on any sports field.

No pro player in the history of football, or any other sport as far as I m aware, has been guilty of biting a fellow player three times on different occasions. It's not trivial.

Suarez is a fabulous player, but clearly has some serious psychological issues. His claim that he is the victim of an international conspiracy is embarrassing.

If he had said that he apologised to his team mates, his country, his employers LFC, and LFC fans, who have backed him and supported in the past and done such good work in helping him with his issues, to all football fans and children for setting such a poor example it would have been a start. But three bites in he just doesn't get it.

My own view is still that there should be no domestic ban, but that he should be banned for the rest of the WC tournament, with a suspended further ban, if he should do it again. It is such a shame that a player who aspired to be one of the world greats, let alone an LFC great, should have demeaned himself with such a spectacular display of self-destruction.

As a fan part of me revels in having such a great goal scorer and hate figure for other fans on our side, it is meat and drink to tribal rivalries. But another part says football is a game, and LFC is about values, tradition and integrity, and I have to shelve that when I support him as an LFC player, which I do.

Well done! you have completely taken my statement out of the context that it was written, trivial in comparison to the problems in the middle east etc, to which i had addressed my comment, maybe your after a job at the Mail