You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

You don't see what the fuss is about?

I know youur just having banter/being a wanker but Ill make it clearer.

The guy a couple of pages back saying fuck off Suarez etc, I don't understand this kind of reaction from a lfc fan or even a fan who just wants him sold.

Suarez is human and has made the same mistake more then once,Im sure a lot of people in the world can say the same thing, some reactions on here are baffling.

• Downvote 1

Any chance this will see internationals reach an unprecedented level of absolute pointlessness? The cycle is about to be as far away from a World Cup as possible, so the motivation will be well down on that score. You now have a bloated Euros for 2016, meaning all the big nations will piss it in anyway. Throw in the extra money (ie importance) being put into the CL and the domestic game.

Now on top of all that, the precedent has been set that a ban received whilst on national duty could see a player miss domestic games. Clubs are going to be more reluctant than ever before to have players released for this shit. Dodgy medical reports about to go through the roof, I'd think.

It's really taking the piss that the fact Suarez was able to play for Uruguay whilst serving his ban for the Ivanovic incident is a large fucking reason that Uruguay are in Brazil in the first place.

There is nothing we can do. We signed up to the rules, and the rues do not allow for us to appeal.

You can repeat that ad nauseum but theres always a way of doing something. If everyone took the opinion that theres nothing to be done in every situation in life we'd all have been fucked a long long time ago.

In might not necessarily even be within the rules. Ian Ayre might just have to grease a few palms at FIFA HQ and alakazam the ban is reduced to only international games. 

If Jean Marc Bosman (who?) can take on the football authorities then Liverpool Football Club can. As long as we do so while making it publically very clear that we in no way condone his behaviour and shout from the rooftops that after all the hard work the club put in its unjust that we end up being punished more than the international team he was representing.

If Jean Marc Bosman (who?) can take on the football authorities then Liverpool Football Club can. As long as we do so while making it publically very clear that we in no way condone his behaviour and shout from the rooftops that after all the hard work the club put in its unjust that we end up being punished more than the international team he was representing.

I think thats definitely an angle. Liverpool are the ones suffering the most out of this. 

"Evidence not strong enough".  Caught red handed on camera infront of millions.  Now we know where Luis gets his wasn't my fault, I don't need to change attitude from.

Exactly, that's my point. If his country dismiss every accusation and continue to tell him he's been wronged against, no punishment will work on him. It's them who need the serious sanctions.

You can repeat that ad nauseum but theres always a way of doing something. If everyone took the opinion that theres nothing to be done in every situation in life we'd all have been fucked a long long time ago.

In might not necessarily even be within the rules. Ian Ayre might just have to grease a few palms at FIFA HQ and alakazam the ban is reduced to only international games.

You can always do something- that does not mean it will work, and there are some situations where that is true.

We could mount a legal challenge, but that would get us into trouble with the FA, UEFA and FIFA who will argue that we agreed to be bound by the rules, and so would be counter-productive.

We could try and bribe FIFA, but sadly we haven't been bothered with getting our men into the FA and UEFA so have no influence whatsoever.

There IS a broader debate to be had about international bans impacting on innocent domestic clubs and competition, but I doubt if we will do anything about it, just like we did nothing to alter the rules after the Evra/Suarez debacle.

I'm not being negative, just realistic.

• Upvote 1

When Tassotti was given his ban in 1994, it's ended his international career although he was 34 at the time and probably wouldn't have been selected for his country anyway. He was still able to play for his club side Milan though.

I know youur just having banter/being a wanker but Ill make it clearer.

The guy a couple of pages back saying fuck off Suarez etc, I don't understand this kind of reaction from a lfc fan or even a fan who just wants him sold.

Suarez is human and has made the same mistake more then once,Im sure a lot of people in the world can say the same thing, some reactions on here are baffling.

You said you dont know what all the fuss is about. The fuss is about our best player and last years player of the season biting a player for the third time and getting himself a 4 month ban meaning he misses nearly a third of our season again plus he is saying he would find it hard to return to england. Thats what the fuss is about . Its not banter. I dont even know what 'banter' is. No time for jokes. Someone neg this piece of shit

• Upvote 1

We could mount a legal challenge, but that would get us into trouble with the FA, UEFA and FIFA who will argue that we agreed to be bound by the rules, and so would be counter-productive.

We agreed to be bound by rules that while not explicitly clear, have always implied club and international matters are dealt with separately, a footballing covenant of sorts. FIFA have broken that covenant and we should publically call them out on it, so what if we suffer in the short term, look where playing nice has got us, again.

Appaently, Ian Ayre will take his time to review the decision.

This guys existence on planet earth just winds me up.

The fucking useless piece of shit, paid like a superstar to do nothing. You fucking dickhead suck some cock you fake scouser idiot, Yesman, penisless prick.

The concern for Brendan and FSG will be that if Luis is capable of doing this at a WC finals tournament, having been punished twice before for the same offence, what is coming next?

That's my concern. I think their Is more chance than not that he'll do it again. More when than if. What would be his punishment then? Season ban? I never advocate selling world class players, but I fear we have to.