You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Lurtz

Normally I like watching Brazil in tournaments, but this time around you have a few players I really detest. Luiz and Oscar being the main ones. Neymar I'm not too sure about because he looks like a bloke who drives around in an old van with the windows blacked out, looking for children to abduct.

Gustavo looks like an ok bloke, though. 

ramires is top of my list.

• Upvote 1

Neymar looks like a fucking douchebag too.

There's no doubt that at least this part is accurate.

The problem is that I don't think you can find a single team (well, of the ones with a chance to win, anyway) that doesn't have at least one or two major cocks in the side, with a dodgy haircut or two thrown in to boot.  Thus, I'm supporting my beloved Selecao despite the presence of Luiz and Oscar and Neymar's barnet.

As a Brasilian, I have to admit it's a bit strange to me how the English always hate the South Americans when it comes to football.  Surely you'd rather us win it (or the Argentines) over someone like France or Italy?  

And yet when France beat Brasil 8 years ago I remember all my neighbours celebrating Henry's goal like it was a CL winner for Liverpool.  It was bizarre to me - I just kind of expected them to be with me supporting the Selecao and they weren't.  Can someone explain why this is?

* I should state for the record that the referee was atrocious tonight and Brasil should never have had a penalty (in fact, I think it should have been a yellow for Fred for diving).  My question is not about tonight's game but more about the antagonism towards the whole continent when it comes to football.*

Tonight was weird. I love Brazil. I still have memories of Ronaldo in 2002 tearing arseholes and leaving me aghast with his pace and power. Then trying to replicate him at Brazillian Soccer Schools the weekend after.

This team is genuinely full of cunts though. Not even likeable cunts, just utter cunts.

• Upvote 1

One game and I'm already pissed off with the refs. What a disgrace. Brazil were pretty poo and Croatia had the better of the game for me. Lovely finish by Oscar for the third to be fair. Although I thought there was a foul in the build up.

And what the fuck is that make a heart shape with your hands celebration all about? Fuck off.

Gareth Bale has a lot to answer for.  There's this kid who plays tennis when I practice bowling who looks like a young Bale, I just wanna rub his monkey head and say "alright, Baley".  

Barkley, Welbeck, Sturridge, Sterling, Oxlade Chamberlain, all pace merchants and can turn a player. Luke shaw might get a run out.

But you've got your opinion and I've got mine.

You forgot Lallana.  He sprints a lot.

Croatia boss Niko Kovac: "If that's how we start the World Cup, we'd better give it up now and go home.

"We talk about respect, that wasn't respect, Croatia didn't get any.

"If that's a penalty, we don't need to play football anymore. Let's play basketball instead, it's a shame."

Croatia boss Niko Kovac: "If that's how we start the World Cup, we'd better give it up now and go home.

"If that's a penalty, we don't need to play football anymore. Let's play basketball instead, it's a shame."

Word.

As a Brasilian, I have to admit it's a bit strange to me how the English always hate the South Americans when it comes to football.  Surely you'd rather us win it (or the Argentines) over someone like France or Italy?  

And yet when France beat Brasil 8 years ago I remember all my neighbours celebrating Henry's goal like it was a CL winner for Liverpool.  It was bizarre to me - I just kind of expected them to be with me supporting the Selecao and they weren't.  Can someone explain why this is?

* I should state for the record that the referee was atrocious tonight and Brasil should never have had a penalty (in fact, I think it should have been a yellow for Fred for diving).  My question is not about tonight's game but more about the antagonism towards the whole continent when it comes to football.*

Dont hate South Americans but this Brasilian team. Bear in mind that there is a tendency for us to go for the plucky underdog too.

Nail on head

Barkley, Welbeck, Sturridge, Sterling, Oxlade Chamberlain, all pace merchants and can turn a player. Luke shaw might get a run out.

But you've got your opinion and I've got mine.

Seriously?

Barkley won't play unless something happens to Henderson or Gerrard.

Sterling won't play unless they're in the shit.

Ox is injured.

Shaw "might get a run"?

Welbeck?

They're all good players, and would do well under a different manager (not Welbeck obviously). But to say they're pace merchants and can turn a player is lunacy.

• Downvote 1

The a Brazilian team and fans are doing something I thought impossible, and after only one game. Making the South Africans and their fans look less annoying. From the hands on the shoulders going out like some wristy human centipede to all the looking to the heavens pious shite. Will make it all the sweeter when when they get knocked out. Tonight's hero the horrible little bastard Neymar should not have been on the pitch. Japanese ref was a disgrace. Grew up loving the Brazil team, these are just a pampered snidey shower of cunts. Not fit to suck Pele's chemically enhanced stiffy.

• Upvote 2

I have never experienced anyone 'hating South Americans' absurd suggestion to be honest. However tonight the referee couldn't wait to give that penalty, and that little rat should have seen red for the elbow. Someone had obviously suggested to the ref that it would be a good idea if Brazil didn't lose the first game. 

The whole national game under FIFA is fucking rotten to the core, on a happy note great work by the Fans targeting that mind numbing cunt Chiles, go and get the bastard and you will have the respect of all of Britain.

Had a few drinks but herevare my thoughts about the world cup in general, and brasil in particular. 

FIFA appear to be totally corrupt and a closed shop,they can do what they want.

They are making billions of pounds from this event and yet grass roots football here and other countries are struggling. To pay for pitches,goalposts, nets etc.

The Brasilia government have knocked down poor people's houses to sanitise areas for the event, absolutely scandalous and disgraceful in my opinion.

My mate had a great idea(which I don't suppose will happen),he reckoned that all the England team should donate a weeks wages to re house the poor bastards whos homes have been bulldozed. Imagine the propaganda and good will that sort of gesture would generate.

Hope I'm wrong,but I reckon there will be some serious disorder between rival fans as the tournament progresses,and I fear for the safety of fans,I reckon those brasil police/army will go in hard to quell any trouble,plus you have all the gangs who run the favelas to contend with.

Sepp blatter? 78 years old and haven't finished your task?fuck off you bent twat

Good night god bless my fellow reds fans x

• Upvote 4

Seriously?

Barkley won't play unless something happens to Henderson or Gerrard.

Sterling won't play unless they're in the shit.

Ox is injured.

Shaw "might get a run"?

Welbeck?

They're all good players, and would do well under a different manager (not Welbeck obviously). But to say they're pace merchants and can turn a player is lunacy.

What are you on about? they are all fast. Wellbeck may be shite but he has pace Sterling, Ox and Barkley are fast, maybe i am watching different players.

• Upvote 3