You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Sunderland

I was just messing with you.

But considering Johnson created two goals in our last game, and Flanno had a big hand in the first against Man U, saying that it's nothing new our fullbacks offer nothing going forward is a trifle overplaying it in my opinion.  3 goals in the two previous games.  

I like Hendo, but he has no way been as good as Gerrard this season.

Henderson has been way more consistent than Gerrard, he makes our midfield tick, allows other players to concentrate on their things by his constant pressure and tremendous workrate, for me there's no way Gerrard's been better this season, he's been very good since 7-8 games (not against Cardiff tho) mainly because Hendo and Allen playing with him and BR dropping Lucas twice before his injury. Henderson is the engine of this team, simple as that.

re fullbacks -  it's being done to death, I just think they're not good enough, Johnson is not arsed and needs binning, Flanagan is a decent cover, great local hard-working player with limitations which won't allow him to be our long-term starting fullback but I think he can be a good squad player for the next 2-3 years.

anyway, let's twat those spurs cunts now

I said this in the summer transfer thread. Midfield. I love Hendo, Lucas and Gerrard. Allen's decent too.

But the way that Ki ran the game when he came on was a concern. We also lost the midfield battles against Chelsea, Arsenal and City away.

It's not a top class midfield, for me. It's good, but it's the key area that needs strengthening in the summer, for me.

Jozy Altidore has to be the most pointless player in the premier league. he's a 1 in 25 striker, let me just repeat that 1 goal every 25 games as a STRIKER, theres shit and then theres Altidore, he just takes it to a completely different level.

Ki only got at us because there was a fucking huge gap between Gerrard and the two further forward (Henderson and Allen). Same shit as the Aston Villa game at home. Our midfield was spread out and Gerrard was left chasing shadows. Ki was the only one with the intelligence to exploit the space.

Altidore is actually the worst player in the league. I thought this the first time I'd seen him early in the season and it hasn't changed.

The chance was their equaliser was funny, I thought he was inches away from the touch in but looking at the replay he was fucking miles off and does a ridiculous jump in the air.

The amount of moaning on here you'd think no team with title aspirations has ever had to grind out a win before.

Same at anfield as well mate. I know people get nervous during the match but we as fans really need to reign it in because the closer we get the more suffocating it will become for the team.

Couldn't watch the match earlier so had it recorded and managed not to hear the result.

Just seen it and Christ it was a nervy finish. Should have killed the game off but we didn't and we showed some bottle and saw it out . Some of the scabby results Utd used to grind out on their way to titles were far far worse than this so onwards and upwards. This game always had the potential to fail to meet the fans expectations of another goal fest. 

Coutinho was the star

Henderson and Gerrard had good games

Flanno made a schoolboy error at a corner.

Johnson pissed me off , again, especially in the first half running down blind alleys and constantly giving away possession

Kevin Friend confirmed as a massive cunt . He gave us absolutely fuck all and should have sent that Argy lad off in the first half

I still like Gus Poyet . Decent bloke and speaks from the heart. 

We are not going to spank everyone by 3-4 goals.

Especially when Ref refuses to give red cards, freekicks and penalties.

Lads switched off for 10-15min and Sunderland got a goal and some belief.

But way we then pulled ourselves together again and saw it out was good.

Coutinho looked best he has for a while- Allen also.

7 more games to navigate and the dream is still on.

What a fantastic season it already is.