Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 602 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Serpant, true story about a serial killer couple that used to kill backpackers. One of the best shows I've seen in ages, brilliantly shot and some great locations. 9/10.

• Upvote 2

Person of Interest 7.5/10

Rewatching this series. It’s a bit of a slog due to the number of episodes, but the story arcs are compelling especially the season 1-3 dodgy cops, gangsters, then the competing AIs, and shadowy government agencies. 

Sarah Shahi is very watchable too, as is Amy Acker. 

28E65A90-7BDE-4173-AD9A-FF44E5B4293C.jpeg

• Upvote 2

This week’s episode of Snowfall was fucking superb. Set up nicely for the season finale next week but it’ll be difficult to top that. Bodies dropping everywhere. 

Rapidly approaching the very, very top tier of shows, for me. I think they’ll get two more series out of it after this one. For anyone that hasn’t seen it, get on the first three series on BBC iplayer. It just gets better and better. 

Still blows my mind that the lad who plays Franklyn is from Peckham. He’s got that LA accent nailed. Superb actor. Only realised recently that he was in an episode of Black Mirror. I didn’t recognise him at the time because I hadn’t seen Snowfall. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This week’s episode of Snowfall was fucking superb. Set up nicely for the season finale next week but it’ll be difficult to top that. Bodies dropping everywhere. 

Rapidly approaching the very, very top tier of shows, for me. I think they’ll get two more series out of it after this one. For anyone that hasn’t seen it, get on the first three series on BBC iplayer. It just gets better and better. 

Still blows my mind that the lad who plays Franklyn is from Peckham. He’s got that LA accent nailed. Superb actor. Only realised recently that he was in an episode of Black Mirror. I didn’t recognise him at the time because I hadn’t seen Snowfall. 

It pleases me greatly that I haven’t seen any of this. It’s on the list though...

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Went back to Snowfall after stopping for some reason before the last episode of S3. Finally watched it the other day. As a stand-alone piece of TV it’s been highly rated. Now got S4 to work through. I agree it’s a top show. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

It pleases me greatly that I haven’t seen any of this. It’s on the list though...

Stop fannying about with shows about Chess on Netflix and get it to the top of the list. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I keep forgetting about it, think I've got two to catch up with now.

4 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Went back to Snowfall after stopping for some reason before the last episode of S3. Finally watched it the other day. As a stand-alone piece of TV it’s been highly rated. Now got S4 to work through. I agree it’s a top show. 

That’s the “What if?” episode, right? I enjoyed that one. 

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I never knew that. He acts very well. Reminded me when I found out Stringer Bell was English. They act the part so well, it truly draws you in to their character. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s the “What if?” episode, right? I enjoyed that one. 

Yeah where Franklin is at a top college on a scholarship. Looking forward to S4 now, can binge a few episodes.

1 minute ago, Sweeney287 said:

I never knew that. He acts very well. Reminded me when I found out Stringer Bell was English. They act the part so well, it truly draws you in to their character. 

Yeah, I drew the same parallel. 

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

this the thing based on Rick Ross, the real one?

14 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I hated the what if episode, didn't help that a smoked a nice doob then thought i had missed a whole series or something

Was this by the boyz in da hood fella?

Loosely, now. 

He dead. 

Any idea if/when series 4 is coming to bbc I player? Still no sign of it. That CIA fella is a great character as well. Teddy. No spoilers please but I’m guessing at some point his relationship with Franklin won’t end well. 

Didnt think I'd like this but it's very funny. Silly and funny. It's on ch4 player. 

Just caught up with Snowfall, this season has been phenomenal.

I love Jerome, wouldn't mind seeing him and the bloke who plays Mr Inbetween doing a buddy cop movie. It'd be sensational.

• Upvote 3

The Night Of- 9/10. Utterly gripping, grim, low-key, realistic, nihilistic, bleak, sobering, terrifying drama. Absolutely fantastic stuff with brilliant performances from a host of superb character actors. John Turturro, Michael Kenneth Williams (of course) and especially Riz Ahmed pull out the stops in this.

I won't say anything about the plot as it fully deserves to be watched blind, suffice to say you'll change your mind multiple times per episode. The squalor and decay of the NY locations, particularly the corruption at Rikers and Turturro's allergies, puts it almost into a psychological horror movie genre at times.

On Now TV, one of the few things worth watching on that. It's apparently based on an earlier UK series, which I'll be searching out.

• Upvote 6