You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Man in the high castle season 3, absolute shite, never seen such a total mess of a season. Really liked season one and season 2 was okay, but this was completely all over the shop. Another example of when a show comes to its natural conclusion but the money men want to keep pushing it.

Watched the first two episodes of Patriot, Sacred Games and The haunting of Hill house. 

Patriot is an Amazon dark comedy spy show. Unlike the Good cop on Netflix recently this has got the balance between comedy and drama right and is very good. Couple of really funny moments and dark twists. The lead character looking like Simon Mignolet is a bit off putting though. 8/10. 

Sacred games. Netflix Indian crime show bases in Mumbai. Chose to watch it subtitled rather than dubbed which I find too distracting. It’s rated higher on IMDB than the likes of Gomorrah and Narcos but it’s not really in that league, and as with all foreign language shows you miss a bit by not fully being able to understand the cultural references etc... still, the first two episodes are decent so I’d go a 7/10.

The haunting of Hill house. I wouldn’t worry about the pacing of this, it’s paced just right from what I’ve watched so far and besides, the book is possibly the greatest horror book of all time and that was paced rather slowly to build the tension. And a big bonus is it not being overly reliant on CGI monsters like most modern horror shows. 8/10.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Watched the first two episodes of Patriot, Sacred Games and The haunting of Hill house. 

Patriot is an Amazon dark comedy spy show. Unlike the Good cop on Netflix recently this has got the balance between comedy and drama right and is very good. Couple of really funny moments and dark twists. The lead character looking like Simon Mignolet is a bit off putting though. 8/10. 

Sacred games. Netflix Indian crime show bases in Mumbai. Chose to watch it subtitled rather than dubbed which I find too distracting. It’s rated higher on IMDB than the likes of Gomorrah and Narcos but it’s not really in that league, and as with all foreign language shows you miss a bit by not fully being able to understand the cultural references etc... still, the first two episodes are decent so I’d go a 7/10.

The haunting of Hill house. I wouldn’t worry about the pacing of this, it’s paced just right from what I’ve watched so far and besides, the book is possibly the greatest horror book of all time and that was paced rather slowly to build the tension. And a big bonus is it not being overly reliant on CGI monsters like most modern horror shows. 8/10.

I've not read the book but I'm tempted to give it a whirl as it has so many great reviews and even famous authors have cited it as an influence in their writing.

Last Chance Lawyer: NYC

BBC documentary about an elderly Jewish New York lawyer. First episode was a bit clunky to start with, but Greenberg may well be my favourite character on TV now. He's batshit insane, sticks powder on his hair so his scalp's turned black, swears at everyone, but underneath he's a genuinely decent human being. I laughed more at this than I do most comedy shows, it's like Larry David scripted it in places. 8/10

• Upvote 1

Finished Patriot last night and it is superb. Season 2 is out next month and I can't wait. The show is poorly named as it sounds like a flag waving CIA thriller starring Kiefer Sutherland but it is a much different beast.

Give it a go. Great characters, good plot and some genuine laugh out loud moments.

8.5/10

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, RedKnight said:

The Haunting of Hill House, I saw it and thought it looked intriguing then saw this quote.

DpUuRcuXgAEs0Ef.jpg

Noooooooooooooo! Not again. Enough with that shite, Netflix. I don't want narratives that are. slow. as. shit.

They’re possibly about to fuck up a great book. The protagonists are certainly different. I doubt it’ll surpass the classic 1963 film.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2018 at 10:31 PM, manwiththestick said:

Episode 4. Fuck me, there's a scene about half way that had me tense and holding my breath, genuinely creepy.

Watched the second episode, it dropped off a bit but still scary moments. Looking forward to the third this evening...Got me nervous about the fourth!

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Result. The news about The Expanse, that is.

Yes I stumbled across it when reading about the series which have been ended which I think includes Iron Fist. I have decided to start on The Expanse it as it's continuing beyond the third season, enjoying it so far.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Watched the second episode, it dropped off a bit but still scary moments. Looking forward to the third this evening...Got me nervous about the fourth!

Episode six is simply stunning television. A long one cut scene that you only realise you've watched after it finally cuts to another. Effortless and effective with so many subtleties that I'm almost  compelled to watch it again straight after.

Mr Inbetween.

New FX Australian comedy/crime show about some Aussie psychopath who looks like Steve Buscemi who is a bouncer/hitman and generally goes around being angry with the world, kicking fuck out of people. Really enjoyed this and it is violent and funny in equal measures. Only six 25 minute episodes so flew threw them.

8/10