You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

5 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Can't make anything of the new Justified. It's miles off the previous. Goggins has a lot to do with it but it lacks charm, dialogue and any depth. The sooner someone shoots his daughter the better,

The music they used in the first series was  not my usual cup of tea but it was brilliant. The second clip isn't the one used in the show but it has a brilliant montage of memory joggers.

The casting and acting was also almost perfect.

The music in the new show is gash.

Black Bird,

Got better and better towards the end. Heartbreaking seeing how poorly Ray Lotta is in it knowing it was his last gig. Paul Walter Hauser who plays Larry is absolutely superb. Could have had an extra two episodes to tie up a couple of loose ends like but an 8/10 for me. Also didn't know it was based on a true story until the end! 

TELEMMGLPICT000302008074_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Paul-Walter-Hauser-e1659495137573.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 04/09/2023 at 21:46, Arniepie said:

Can't get you out of my head

Brain melting doc on iplayer, looking at conspiracy theories,chairman mao's wife,the fall of communism,post colonial racism,isis,brexit,trump and somehow, using archival footage,linking it all together. 

Highly recommended 

9/10

Thanks for this. Twas great. I feel schooled and not in a boring way.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Black Bird,

Got better and better towards the end. Heartbreaking seeing how poorly Ray Lotta is in it knowing it was his last gig. Paul Walter Hauser who plays Larry is absolutely superb. Could have had an extra two episodes to tie up a couple of loose ends like but an 8/10 for me. Also didn't know it was based on a true story until the end! 

Very good series, and apparently closer to the true story than most of these things tend to be. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Black Bird,

I watched this last year and thought it was very good. At first, I thought Taron Egerton was a little bit wooden but I warmed to him. I’m no expert on American accents but I had no idea he was British until after I’d finished watching it.

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I watched this last year and thought it was very good. At first, I thought Taron Egerton was a little bit wooden but I warmed to him. I’m no expert on American accents but I had no idea he was British until after I’d finished watching it.

Yeah he took a bit to get into his stride. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Flicking around and happened on 'On the Buses' 

Christ, how drab were houses in the early 70's. Felt like slashing my wrists after watching for 5 minutes.

Very brown and avocado, sparse interiors, Or do you mean from the outside?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Very brown and avocado, sparse interiors, Or do you mean from the outside?

Yeh, inside, everything was shit-coloured in various shades.

Was reasonably amusing to be fair, unlike a lot of old comedy shows.

Probably down to having good character actors.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Yeh, inside, everything was shit-coloured in various shades.

Was reasonably amusing to be fair, unlike a lot of old comedy shows.

Probably down to having good character actors.

Steptoe and Son is the same, absolutely brilliant actors, probably a league above Blakey and co though.

• Upvote 2

Aye. Not many better in that genre than Wilfred Brambell and Harry H Corbett, but the actors playing Olive, Arthur and the mum were all above the average. Was a scene unintentionally funny when Reg Varney and his big-toothed mate allegedly come home from a stag do at 3am and still had their uniform and caps on.