You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robbie Fowler

Bjornebye

12 years of age asking my mum to dye my hair blonde 'because fowlers is like that' fuckin loved him.

Had Liverpool 2-1 Birmingham, Gerrard FG, Fowler, last goal. 75/1. stuck a fiver on it was gutted when it was ruled out. Remeber him running onto the pitch before the game and they played Hallalujah over the loud speakers, was fucking boss.

Robbie Fowler always comes across as a brilliant, down to earth bloke.

When he talks about football, he never gets too negative or positive, he just gives a well reasoned opinion.

I'm not sure he needs the hassle of management or long term punditry, but for me, he's a fantastic talker.

When Liverpool have to put people out front (in the media) he's an ideal candidate (along with Barnes). Owen is awful to listen to, but Fowler is excellent.

Loved when he scored for City against the mancs and gave it the 5 finger salute to the scruffs. 

He was decent for us, but we knew he was a spent force by then, but a model pro by all accounts, and nothing like his image suggested. Over the years, we've had a lot of Liverpool old boys, and the vast majority still had enough left to help City (who were a far weaker team then). Off the top of my head, probably McManaman was the worst (not that he was bad).

Fowler was the greatest finisher i've seen in 40 years of supporting Liverpool. He scored tap ins, headers, screamers, volleys, bicycle kicks.....the fucker scored from anywhere. he was absolutely clinical, always had the knack of hitting the inside of the side of the net where the keeper couldnt get to it.My favourite was the goal against SK Brann, followed by the villa goal. Fowler will always be my favourite player.I was priveliged to be there when he scored the hat trick in 4mins 33 secs against arsenal. there were grown men weeping in the lower centenary with me.

The housing empire is a moral grey area, not what I was referring to. More about the taking money to play football with murderous dictators, that sort of thing.

Jesus mate can't a single thread stay positive. 

Also, thats a bit rich considering the acclaimed leader of your favourite robbing bastards was also a murderous dictator. 

Negged obviously. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 5 months later...

The best Liverpool striker I've ever seen. Especially in his early years. More skill and passing ability than Rush and better strike rate. Also didn't have the Rush advantage of playing in the best team in the world and being supplied by King Kenny.

• Downvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...