You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

True Detective.

Kevin D

1 hour ago, Elite said:

It's a disjointed mess, focussing on too many characters that I don't give a shit about. Like that skinny fella getting scammed by online dating, who gives a fuck. Jodie Foster is really annoying in it and then there's numerous stupid shit in the show like that Ice Rink thawing dead bodies that the whole town could seemingly visit whenever they wanted. Then the woman who killed herself in the sea, yet the coastguards found her body in a few hours at night time in fucking Alaska!

The best character in it is a boxer in real life, says it all.

Not to mention the bird in the hospital being completely unfazed by that cunt sitting up in his bed and saying that voodoo shit to her.

Clearly she's a women so is dead strong & not scared by anything whereas all the men in it have to he either subserviant gimps or violent thugs.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Not to mention the bird in the hospital being completely unfazed by that cunt sitting up in his bed and saying that voodoo shit to her.

Clearly she's a women so is dead strong & not scared by anything whereas all the men in it have to he either subserviant gimps or violent thugs.

It's always a red flag when the director starts banging on about female representation and reckons that any criticism is going to be down to misogyny, not helped by ridiculously fawning critic reviews seemingly just because there are women it the show. Guaranteed to get the culture warriors on both 'sides' riled up, and gives an easy out for a studio to dismiss bad reviews.

I've given it a go as far as I can but it is absolutely fucking rubbish. And Chris Ecclestons American accent makes it even worse. I see Dervla Kirwan has just popped up in it but that's not going to salvage things. I don't know if I can be arsed with the end of it.

• 2 weeks later...

That final episode was as bad as True Detective has ever been. It didn't so much jump the shark as head into orbit.

What a waste of a decent set up. It'd be nice to say it came out of left field, but it was painfully predictable. Logic kicked into touch in favour of a mood and a moral.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed it. Vlad will have had palpitations. I smiled thinking he’d be throwing things at the TV.

All seemed to happen a bit quick though. Very much a reflection of a certain Agatha Christie plot in respect of both crimes.

I had no problem with the more supernatural elements. It was reflective of Inuit culture. 

Suck on it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...