You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

They sing about us more than we do. They're also horrible, horrible dickheads. 

Not denying that for a second. 

Perhaps I should change 'best' to most vocal (I don't think being the most vocal is necessarily a bad thing).

They even sang about Moyes. Takes some balls, that.

Man Utd's away fans are probably the best in the league. Even last year when they were getting tonked by dross and this year in the League Cup, they outsung the home fans.

Not having that.

I could never call a shower who glorify Hillsborough as the best at anything, other than maybe the best at being horrible, horrible inbred poisonous cunts.

It's also easy to sing through a mini-drought when you've been reared on success as they have been.

And we've often sung our hearts out when getting tonked, last week against Madrid for one.

• Upvote 1

I'm not being funny but United fans were loud last year yeah but they aren't usually.  Their away system is pretty much a close circuit though, so you don't get many day trippers or Chinese folk who don't know the words to any songs and take fucking selfies - because that's all I've seen this year.

Not having that.

I could never call a shower who glorify Hillsborough as the best at anything, other than maybe the best at being horrible, horrible inbred poisonous cunts.

It's also easy to sing through a mini-drought when you've been reared on success as they have been.

And we've often sung our hearts out when getting tonked, last week against Madrid for one.

Without being there, I can only go by what's on tv which probably makes my point null.

Though I do think the Madrid point is a moot one. Would we be singing while getting spanked 4-0 by MK Dons (which is a more relevant point)?

Anyway, the point wasn't about our fans. There's nothing wrong with them. 'Best' was the wrong choice of words, as I said earlier. 

The point about their success is a fair one. As is the Hillsborough one. To this day it fucking sickens me that they sing 'murderers' every week while no-one bats an eyelid. 'The S*n was right' chant tells everyone what they mean by that, regardless of what they try to dress it up as.

I'm not being funny but United fans were loud last year yeah but they aren't usually. Their away system is pretty much a close circuit though, so you don't get many day trippers or Chinese folk who don't know the words to any songs and take fucking selfies - because that's all I've seen this year.

Ours away allocation is pretty much the same isn't it? Minimum of 8 aways from last season? It's becoming like having an Away season ticket now. Don't know how people can afford to do that these days.

Singing at the match is shit. I can't believe I used to enjoy it. You'll Never Walk Alone before kick-off - fair enough, but fuck singing songs about fellas who get paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to kick a ball around.

Tony - sometimes when you post, I picture you on top of a bridge contemplating if it's all really worth it.

• Upvote 1

Tony I'm guessing you've been to cup finals before? I'm not the Carling Cup's biggest fan, but there isn't a better feeling in the world than being on the ale before the game and getting on the ale after winning a trophy, regardless of two big/small the competition is.

I wish I'd drunk less alcohol before the cup finals I attended, as I might remember a bit more about them. The League Cup final is great if you're a match-goer, not so great if you're watching on the telly.

• Upvote 1

Right i may have had a skinful but ive thought this for a while.......

I think Rodgers has lost at least half of the dressing room. We are playing without any fight or passion, and i think Suarez and to an extent Sturridge bailed him out of his inexperience as a manager last season.

Right i may have had a skinful but ive thought this for a while.......

I think Rodgers has lost at least half of the dressing room. We are playing without any fight or passion, and i think Suarez and to an extent Sturridge bailed him out of his inexperience as a manager last season.

How can he have lost the dressing room in 10 games? If he has lost any of the dressing room, they can fuck off out the club every single one of them (but I dont think he has lost anyone so yeah, I think you have had a skinful)

VladimirIlyich, on 29 October 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

I think this is the best way as it leads to clearer thinking and decision making.

This is how I imagine Suarez viewed us at the beginning.

Funny you mention Suarez. I was watching the Clasico the other night, and I really thought I could see a sense of bewilderment in Luis face. Here he was the focal point. The tip of the arrow. But at barca he's just another cog in a wheel. I actually think he'll regret it. I really do.

Torres wrecked his career by removing the red shirt, and maybe Owen did too. Undoubtedly Suarez just went past his career peak