You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mark Duggan Jury

Anubis

Anyone else uncomfortable with this label of 'a well known major gangster' when the only conviction he's ever had was for possession of dope?

where is that label? 

I've seen well know gangster, not sure about major. 

He was known enough to have armed met police tailing him in 3 cars with the knowledge he had just picked up a gun. plus wasn't he a member of a local gang with a 'bad rep'

where is that label?

He was known enough to have armed met police tailing him in 3 cars with the knowledge he had just picked up a gun. plus wasn't he a member of a local gang with a 'bad rep'

Thats the same Police that followed a known 'terrorists' on to the underground and shot him to find out he wasn't.

He may well have been a gangster for all I know but from the first reports of the Police returning fire and a officer having a lucky escape with a bullet hitting his radio oarts of this dont add up.

where is that label? 

Plus the guy that sold him the gun was convicted for that offense

Thats the same Police that followed a known 'terrorists' on to the underground and shot him to find out he wasn't.

He may well have been a gangster for all I know but from the first reports of the Police returning fire and a officer having a lucky escape with a bullet hitting his radio oarts of this dont add up.

I'm not denying that the statements are odd but the cunt had a gun, he jumped out of a car when he knew he was surrounded by armed police, he posed a real threat to life. He chose to be there, fucking sick of people not seeing that. Occupational hazard. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I say I dont know the ins and outs but questions will be asked and people will wonder what really happened. Too many lies and too many people slandered by police sources in the immediate aftermath of incidents over the years.

where is that label?

Pretty much all of the right wing press are running with this 'top 30 gang in Europe' mate.

He had a gun, that increases your chance of being shot by a criminal and the police. What I don't like is the 'consistent inaccuracies' even the judge spoke of which point to police collusion.

the police probably dig stitch him, but it's nice to have one less dangerous knobhead on the streets.

Im not defending him or others involved in crime but if you are serious on that, its a slippery slope being hapoy thst police are being Judge, jury and executioner.

Judge Dredd is great though to be fair.

If they thought he was carrying a gun in his hand and feared for their lives then I've no problem with it but if they just shot him because they knew he had the gun somewhere That leaves me uncomfortable even someone with a gun should be given the warning to put it down. Nothing about this case shines anyone with glory. Even the lads mother who shouts about like he's a hero she should have more humility that her lad the child she raised was a drug dealer who carried a gun. The police shouldn't be executioners no matter what this lad was like really though. Its one of those cases were unless you were there at the time you won't really see if it was justified or not. I can think of far more deserving times when people should right though. Then again it wasn't really a politcal riot it started with some pissed off people being angry and then a bandwagon of thievery began.

Fuck this story anyway.

• Upvote 4

Pretty much all of the right wing press are running with this 'top 30 gang in Europe' mate.

He had a gun, that increases your chance of being shot by a criminal and the police. What I don't like is the 'consistent inaccuracies' even the judge spoke of which point to police collusion.

That's what worries me too whenever a big case like this goes to court. An entirely straight story is very unlikely, but multiple contradictions looks iffy too.

I can totally live with one copper saying he thought he saw a gun, and another saying he was confident there was no gun etc... that really can happen. But when it comes to 'lost' evidence, or 'so why where 20 rounds fired?" etc then it's very worrying.

I honestly do believe that when the police are actively following known criminals (rather than called to some out of hand domestic incident), they are almost primed to shoot... step out of line a single time, and you'll be shot. If you're asked to put a gun down, or lie on the floor, but reach for a phone... you're gone.

At the centre of the inquest was the issue of a handgun, found, said police, 10 to 20 feet from Mr Duggan's body and on the other side of park railings.

In heated exchanges with the Duggan family lawyer, police denied suggestions they had planted the gun.

The weapon was wrapped in a sock.

Neither had any trace of Mr Duggan's DNA or fingerprints, but his prints were found on a shoebox police said had been used to carry the gun inside the minicab.

The bit in bold is what really gets me. So he took the gun out of the shoebox, carried the gun and then threw it over the railings, yet there was on DNA or fingerprints on the gun. How is that possible?

Anything is possible with the filth..... if they say it, well it must be true. Sad bit is how many people just believe what they are told,  plenty of evidnece to that by some tits in here.

Can you get me a new telly and a decent watch then ? 

The lack of DNA/fingerprints on the gun might be down to it being in the sock.

But the sock is the issue for me. How can the policeman say he saw the person holding a gun in a sock if the gun in the sock had been thrown away prior to the policeman approaching this person?

If the person was holding a telephone, then I suppose I could buy the policeman saying he saw a gun.

But why would he say he saw a gun in a sock?

• Upvote 1

Are people saying they think it was a conscious decision by the copper to execute him, or he made a mistake and shot him? If he thought he was in danger, even if he was mistaken, he was acting lawfully. We've got to give these coppers leeway, otherwise they'll down tools and the bad guys have won.

Are people saying they think it was a conscious decision by the copper to execute him, or he made a mistake and shot him? If he thought he was in danger, even if he was mistaken, he was acting lawfully. We've got to give these coppers leeway, otherwise they'll down tools and the bad guys have won.

So why lie?

That's the crux of it.

The police do a hard job, often an unenviable one making split second decisions but they have to tell the truth. If they start lying about little things where does it stop?

When our legal system places more weight on the evidence of sworn officers than anyone else they can not embellish, make more certain or exaggerate.

They tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Unfortunately they've demonstrated they are unable to do so especially when investigating themselves or when caught out and brought before the courts.

• Upvote 5

No there isnt room for leeway.

Mistakes cannot be allowed to happened in these cases, parents are left without childtrn and children without fathers.

There will be mistakes but it csnt be left as simple as a officer to say I thought I saw a gun. If they didn't close ranks and refuse to be cooperative when tjings go wrong people would be willing to take understand more.They seem to follow the rules of shoot first, slander the deads name through police sources and the rags and cover up any wrong doings.

Can you imagine i we could shoot someone based on our perception of them on here.

Rico wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on the Cuts thread. He would have ben riddled by 1000 bullets.

The FF would have been like Baltimore orThe Bronx.

Fuck you Skids, I kill thousands every year, you ponces are new to this shit!

So why lie?

That's the crux of it.

The police do a hard job, often an unenviable one making split second decisions but they have to tell the truth. If they start lying about little things where does it stop?

When our legal system places more weight on the evidence of sworn officers than anyone else they can not embellish, make more certain or exaggerate.

They tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Unfortunately they've demonstrated they are unable to do so especially when investigating themselves or when caught out and brought before the courts.

I don't think they did lie, hence the different versions. I've they'd have had the same story then I'd be suspicious. They told what they thought happened and in the intense highly charged event they didn't see the same thing.