You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Ramadan starts on the 15 May, I wonder how he has coped with this in the past?

In theory he would be traveling for the final in Kiev, so he would be able to eat and drink if he wanted to. Chelsea away too, in theory.

In theory he would be traveling for the final in Kiev, so he would be able to eat and drink if he wanted to. Chelsea away too, in theory.

Depends on how strict he is with it, the travelling loophole thing is more of an antiquated emergency thing to prevent unnecessary hardship by people forcing themselves to fast, but most people are still expected to observe it if they are reasonably able to.

I imagine Salah will be offered all the best comforts available on his travels so there's no real need for him not to do it.

Friend of mine was involved with a documentary about Mo this week. She tells me he is just not fit (no surprise there). Training at 20% and struggling to get to end of season as best he can.

Hopefully, a couple of weeks off will have him up to scratch in Kiev although ti doesn't look promising.

Friend of mine was involved with a documentary about Mo this week. She tells me he is just not fit (no surprise there). Training at 20% and struggling to get to end of season as best he can.

Hopefully, a couple of weeks off will have him up to scratch in Kiev although ti doesn't look promising.

The way we play relies heavily on players fitness and as our front three are really the only options as front men and score nearly all the goals if one,or two, of them are struggling with fitness then we are in deep shit. Firmino looks noticeably less effective in the last few games too.

I don't think you need to be Bob Paisley to see Salah is not at full fitness.

His shooting in recent games has lacked power - his runs are less explosive.

He is still a threat of course and maybe the week between Chelsea and Brighton and the 2 weeks then until the Final will help....but for my money he has not fully recovered from that knock he picked up and is/has been 'managing' himself through games.

• Upvote 1

Was just 2 weeks ago he tore Roma a new asshole. Games after that have been in very close succession. The whole team has looked jaded, and Mo has had opponents double up on him lately because of how dangerous he is. Im sure he is pretty beat up at this stage. Probably our entire midfield and attack is. This week off have most likely done them all a world of good.

I'm happy the Champions league final is on the Saturday and not the Wednesday will give the players a few extra days recovery time

Could have been on the following Wednesday instead, but now the players have a few days less rest.
  • Upvote 1

Now I feel better because Dockers Strike says it is not an issue. And he knows - you dont and neither does some goofy girl you claim to know (who you probably don't even know). But he does.

Relieved.

Nobody knows the game, or that girl, like ds.

Now I feel better because Dockers Strike says it is not an issue. And he knows - you dont and neither does some goofy girl you claim to know (who you probably don't even know). But he does.

Relieved.

Why do people talk such bullshit. I just said what is my opinion. No wonder the rev and king emlyn decided enough was enough. You would think some people would chill but no they have to prove some point.

Aren't there special circumstances where Muslims can eat etc during Ramadam, that apply to the sick,elderly and sports people.

I'm sure I was told that once by a Muslim who I worked with for a few weeks during it. He was a smoker too and was climbing the walls all day, really suffered. Looked like shit cos he was up all night eating and smoking, so during the day he was tired,hungry,thirsty and gagging for a ciggie. Really admired the way he didn't give in to his cravings though,strong faith.

I can tell you it’s a fucking nightmare trying to score hard drugs in Birmingham during Ramadan.