You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away

MLB

if we had played this game yesterday, id have backed us to beat Spurs. 

But i can never back us to win when our closest rivals have lost the day before hand. We always bottle it when we have a chance to capitalise 

Which rival? Everton won, and moved ahead of us in the table - that should be motivation enough.

I thoroughly expect us to lose, it's all about Flanagan, if he plays a blinder then we have a chance. I think he's getting sent off, he simply doesn't have the pace or positional awareness to handle Lennon and Walker and they'll target that side as our weakness right away.

I thoroughly expect us to lose, it's all about Flanagan, if he plays a blinder then we have a chance. I think he's getting sent off, he simply doesn't have the pace or positional awareness to handle Lennon and Walker and they'll target that side as our weakness right away.

How come Johnson isn't switched to the left and Kelly to right back , I remember when he was moved to left back a while ago he seemed more switched on defensively than at right back. Maybe because he had to concentrate more?

Personally, I think that is one of the better football songs and preferable to singing songs far too quickly like a lot of our fans do nowadays. Also, why the fuck do we still sing that terrible Campione song?

Oh when the spurs is the most annoying song in football.

Anyone tell me what that song is we sing, it sounds to me like a red indian chant and I ve heard united sunderland and even chelsea sing it yesterday. It goes oh oh oh, ohhhh-oh , ohhhhhh-oh, oh and then there are some words?

Oh when the spurs is the most annoying song in football.

Anyone tell me what that song is we sing, it sounds to me like a red indian chant and I ve heard united sunderland and even chelsea sing it yesterday. It goes oh oh oh, ohhhh-oh , ohhhhhh-oh, oh and then there are some words?

How is it more annoying than "Campione"? It's sung way to fast and lyrics are embarrassing. "Oh campione, the one and only" - We haven't won the league for 23 years and last won the Champions League 8 years ago!

How is it more annoying than "Campione"? It's sung way to fast and lyrics are embarrassing. "Oh campione, the one and only" - We haven't won the league for 23 years and last won the Champions League 8 years ago!

Campione is from 2007 when we d reached our 2nd CL final in 2 years and were the no.1 team in europe. I agree the words dont fit 'scousers rule the country like we ve always done before.' Doesnt work cos we clearly havent ruled the country for a long long time but hopefully thats about to change. Always thought the words should have been 'rule the continent like we aleays done before' its a european song after all that I think we took from an away trip to psv.

Still a better tune than spurs turgid rendition of oh when the saints.

Campione is from 2007 when we d reached our 2nd CL final in 2 years and were the no.1 team in europe. I agree the words dont fit 'scousers rule the country like we ve always done before.' Doesnt work cos we clearly havent ruled the country for a long long time but hopefully thats about to change. Always thought the words should have been 'rule the continent like we aleays done before' its a european song after all that I think we took from an away trip to psv.

Still a better tune than spurs turgid rendition of oh when the saints.

It should have been binned off in 2007!

• Upvote 2

A win today would be one of the most enjoyable ever.

Not many think we can do it. I would deffo take a draw given our injuries.

If we should beat them for the first time in 6 years at WHL and regain second place in the table, it would really send out a message to the rest of the league and it would give the whole team a vital injection of confidence. To hit back in a difficult match when the pressure is on after wins for many of the rivals is a typical sign of a great team.

Nerves creeping in already.

• Upvote 1

I have little faith on this one.

It's all about the midfield.  Don't care what Flanagan does/doesn't do, or any of the rest of them - if Lucas, Allen and Henderson are overrun in midfield, as I more than half expect, then we will struggle to take anything from this game.  (Unless Suarez decides to win the game for us all by himself again, which is also possible.)

It's going to be a rough month.  If we had been able to continue beating the poorer teams, then we'd have some room to drop points in these tough away games.  However, losing to Hull means that we really need at least a point today and probably another 1-3 points from City/Chelsea, which is a tall order.

that Spurs defence is absolute shite, be disappointed if we didn't get a couple of goals against that, Sandro and Dembele I'm most worried about in that team

Sandro vs Lucas could be interesting as they fight for a spot in the Brazil midfield.