You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you thinking of digging up your garden and having a drainage system installed before laying your astroturf?

Potentially. Just be interested in a quote and advice from a recommended company. Example is today, the weather is not the worst yet the kids are stuck inside because the grass is so soft and muddy. We went the park earlier for a couple of hours and seems only way. We may as well not have a back garden.

Potentially. Just be interested in a quote and advice from a recommended company. Example is today, the weather is not the worst yet the kids are stuck inside because the grass is so soft and muddy. We went the park earlier for a couple of hours and seems only way. We may as well not have a back garden.

Easigrass are the most reputable but not cheapest company in the country (the wife used to work for them, I posted a pic on here of the fucking car she had to drive!).

PM me your postcode and I’ll see if she knows who covers the area.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, looking for some advice

We got the back garden landscaped two years ago this summer and the grass is looking a little bit old especially after a fairly harsh winter.

I genuinely know fuck all about gardening. So what do I do to bring the grass back to a vibrant green and also fill in the few gappy spots?

I was thinking of just buying more seed and throwing it on

Am I way out in my presumption?

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of adding a summerhouse after i've decked this area at the back of my house to cover an ugly unused garage - anyone had any experiences of decking after the rain and winter get at it ? I know it gets slippy if not looked after , but i have found some anti slip stuff on screwfix with good reviews .

I got a great deal on a conservatory that was mis-measured and replaced free of charge so i have all the glass and french doors to utilise for the posh shed , thoughts ?

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/stevem1967/library/?view=recent&page=1

Ok, looking for some advice

We got the back garden landscaped two years ago this summer and the grass is looking a little bit old especially after a fairly harsh winter.

I genuinely know fuck all about gardening. So what do I do to bring the grass back to a vibrant green and also fill in the few gappy spots?

I was thinking of just buying more seed and throwing it on

Am I way out in my presumption?

I’ll be back

Ok, have you mown it yet?

Anyway, I'd recommend you cut it, making sure the blades of your mover are set so that you don't cut it too finely.

Then, give it a good rake to bring out all the dead grass and/or moss. You can rake it by hand but it's a proper workout and I'd recommend using an electric scarifier if you have one.

Then apply a Feed and Weed product and as long as it gets watered in within a few days, by the rain or by watering it in you should see improvements within a few days.

Any bare bits can be reseeded and this should start to regrow within a week or so.

And if required you can always add another dose of Feed and Weed about 6 weeks on

What a difference a week, and a bank holiday spent in the garden, makes!

A year ago this was a lawn with two crummy apple trees. Now, one third is allotment, with greenhouse and chicken run and new fruit trees are establishing themselves well.

Last year's 'no dig' beds have been added to with another 5, and the fruit bushes are thriving. Thanks to a few days of sun we have tomatoes, sweetcorn, peas, cucumbers, gherkins, artichokes and more showing signs of life and the potatoes, onions, kale and chard have been planted out.

I love the transformation of the garden at this time of year.

3574c01865b5e86be484908bfc7b773d.jpg3b0b909c2f8c4da127c40408576e7f40.jpga5fad8d7d49dffc6541f54a12159f65d.jpg

• Upvote 9

What a difference a week, and a bank holiday spent in the garden, makes!

A year ago this was a lawn with two crummy apple trees. Now, one third is allotment, with greenhouse and chicken run and new fruit trees are establishing themselves well.

Last year's 'no dig' beds have been added to with another 5, and the fruit bushes are thriving. Thanks to a few days of sun we have tomatoes, sweetcorn, peas, cucumbers, gherkins, artichokes and more showing signs of life and the potatoes, onions, kale and chard have been planted out.

I love the transformation of the garden at this time of year.

3574c01865b5e86be484908bfc7b773d.jpg3b0b909c2f8c4da127c40408576e7f40.jpga5fad8d7d49dffc6541f54a12159f65d.jpg

What a fabulous big garden, karl.

It’s amazing the amount of growth there’s been in the past couple of weeks. When was The Beast from the East?

Spring is absolutely the best time for gardens in this country

7eb7dd0dc676829dccbb435ef672250e.jpg

• Upvote 1

What a fabulous big garden, karl.

It’s amazing the amount of growth there’s been in the past couple of weeks. When was The Beast from the East?

Spring is absolutely the best time for gardens in this country

7eb7dd0dc676829dccbb435ef672250e.jpg

Its certainly a garden with a lot of potential. We're extending the house this year and then plan to have a patio/entertaining/BBQ area nearest the house. The allotment is set by the willow fence/hedge and then the middle third, where the two join, will hopefully evolve with more trees, seating, flower beds and wildlife elements.

Its a long term project!

I have to live vicariously through other people's gardens for now, so I appreciate the photos. Still can't do much myself since I ruptured my achilles.

It's horrible when you're incapacitated and can't even tend a garden. The wife had to spring clean the garden for me this year - it took her four full days.