You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Rodgers is looking at signing an unknown South Korean keeper playing in Belgium, and also an African back-up keeper said to be worth 'thousands'.

Fuck Pepe. There's only one mad baldy and that's Shelvey. Put Shelvey in goal, he'd be fucking ace I bet.

Was that last line necessary?

If it was necessary?

Absolutely, would you be happy to replace one of the two best keepers in the league with a one season wonder Rodgers know from Swansea?

Have we not had enough of that, there is a reason J.Allen was listed as one of the 5 worst buys of the season during the weekend and Borini is usually referred to as some inhouse joke.

There is a reason we are linked with players like Williams and Vorm and its not because they are good players, no more ex- Swansea shite please.

Reina has had one decent half season in the last 3, the other 2 1/2 have been Average/Poor. Anyone could see that.

I don't see the logic behind some peoples thought process to be honest. Scared to get rid incase the new keeper is worse or takes time to settle. You give the lad a chance, like Reina got.. Although I will expect him to be slaughtered immediately by the usual suspects when he makes a mistake.

Reina seems to want off, good luck to him, great servant, good keeper and thoroughly decent chap.

I advise some on here that the blow of losing him might be severe, the Samaritans could be needed. Especially from fans in countries with high suicide rates.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rene Adler

Begovic, Adler, Trapp, Leno, Mignolet, Ter Stegan, Courtois, Baumann, Zieler and that's just the premier league and Germany, without looking at La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A. There are a number of good young keepers around, too. Kapino, Koval, et al.

I don't know why everybody is getting in a flap. Whittle the list down, removing the ones we can't get, the ones without the right attributes, and sign whoever's left.

If Reina goes to Barcelona, thats some top players Real and Barca have had off us over the last 5 years or so.

Reina Mascherano - Barcelona

Alonso Arbeloa - RealMadrid.

Will miss Pepe, proper decent bloke and was outstanding under Rafa, what was it golden gloves for first 3 years in a row.

All for £6 million. Fucking bargain. All the best Pepe

Have we sold Reina?

No. Why answer a question with a question?

And also, so what if some bliff put Allen in his 5 worst transfers of the season. It's a bit depserate using that one.

If we sell Reina, replace him with Vorm and/or sign Williams, then you'll have cause to moan. Until then, I don't see the point.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Andres Fernandez, Osasuna's keeper, would be a reasonable replacement for Pepe.

Can I call him Andy Fernandy?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Of course you can. I know that you'd like to pretend he's English, what with you being a massive xenophobe.

Objection noted. Añdy Férñańdy it is.

Have we ever been seriously linked with Vorm?

Yes.

I would prefer Begovic or Mignolet personally, but Vorm is a good keeper. I'm really not that bothered about Pepe leaving in goalkeeping terms but he is one of the leaders in the dressing room by all accounts, so he will be misse behind the scenes if he goes.

Pepe has been a very good servant for the club. I hope he stays. Even though he hasn't been at his best for a couple of years (though he has been really good again in 2013) we tend to exaggerate how bad he has been playing, just because it has not been to his own very high standards.

If he is off, he should go with our blessing. He is going back home, to one of the best teams in the world, after serving with distinction here. Good luck to him if he goes to Barcelona.

As for what we do at that point, I really don't know. Ter Stegen looks to be very good indeed, but I don't know who else might be in for him. The people who sniff their nose up at Vorm might be guilty of overlooking the player himself to have a go at Rodgers for the Swansea connection. I saw a good piece on goalie stats not too long ago and Vorm rated very highly. Begovic looks OK, so long as the fee isn't ridiculous. Didn't Stoke buy Butland? Maybe they will be open to a deal for Begovic.

Then again, we supposedly have a good scouting team in place now, so maybe if we bring a goalie in it might not be any of the usual suspects.

Absolutely, would you be happy to replace one of the two best keepers in the league with a one season wonder Rodgers know from Swansea?

Has that happened?

Does it have any basis?

Are you a hysterical tart?

Should you be referred to as The Troll?

All these questions and more will be answered in this week's episode of Dope.

When stoke bought begovic it was widely thought he was off to utd to replace de gea. De geas stock has risen over the last few months so he may be available.

I'd have him if pepe goes; conspiracy theorists might suggest this has been the plan all alomg

Saw a link earlier to Ron-Robert Zieler of Hannover. Obviously I don't know anything about him.

Edit - just Wikipedia-ed him - he's a United reject.

2nd edit - On 11 November 2011, 22-year-old Zieler played in the senior side 3–3 draw against Ukraine and was the 50th debutant of the Löw-era. He conceded all three goals within 17 minutes in the first half, without having saved a single shot until half time break, but observers found that all three goals were unsaveable, and in the second half he showed a couple of brilliant saves to keep the score down. He is the first keeper since 1954 to concede as many as 3 goals (or more) in a debut match for Germany.

On 28 May 2012, Zieler was named the third goalkeeper of the German squad for the 2012 European Championship. On 15 August 2012, he started in net in a friendly match versus Argentina and was sent off, becoming the first German goalkeeper to earn a red card since the founding of the German national team.

Kolo Toure rumour anyone?

I think that if we are looking at a lot of young CB's then Toure (depending on wages) could be a good stop gap for a year or so while Papa or whoever comes to terms with the Premier league?

Toure also fits in with BR's comments about needing players with experience and a proven winning mentality?