You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be tough finding a better replacement.

After the length of time it took us to find Reina and seeing our laughable attempts to replace Torres, Alonso and Mascherano - to name a few - I would be very surprised if we adequately replaced him within 5 years. Still 120k off the wage bill, can't wait to tell my friends about our increased revenue streams.

Guest ShoePiss
Well, is Balague wrong much?

He's a red isn't he? He wouldn't just blurt a shit rumour out surely.

Yeah he is.

Shit transcript:

Hunter goes on about Neymar not being a good target for Barca, and Thiago Silva also being injury prone.

Balague says they won't pay the money for Silva, but they are keeping an eye on Marquinhos, and then says Fabregas will definitely not leave this Summer.

"But there's somebody else that's coming, Pepe Reina. He's just waiting for a call from Barcelona to confirm that's he's coming for two years, and Liverpool know about it and they're happy that he goes to Barca but not other clubs".

Can't help but wish him good luck if it happens, do you want to stay at modern day Liverpool or go to Barca. The loss of big characters like Reina and Carragher from the dressingroom is making me worried. Then again I have been worried since we went after Martinez and Rodgers in the summer. Brendan really needs to stand his ground and tell the board that experience and quality is needed and I'm not talking about Williams.

Guest LFD

If Reina wants to leave, then fair enough - as long as we get a good fee (£15 million+). He has been very loyal and deserves to be playing at a higher level.

If Reina is happy, then I think it is a ridiculous decision selling him. He's experienced, can play for 5+ year yet, he's the best keeper around with his feet, he has got back to his best recently having a really good 2013, he is one of the few leaders / characters we have left in the squad.

I hope it is not true and he'll be very tough to replace. It is easy being a keeper at a small club. A club the size of ours, with so much pressure it is tough.

Guest San Don
Reina is the sort of player that was always going to return home. That was always the risk with bringing in Iberian lads, the lure of living back in a country with sunshine and outdoor swimming pools is always there.

You can say that about any player.

I just hope the club holds out for far more than the £10m that's being quoted. OK we aint going to get £20m but £15m should be viewed as a minimum.

Guest LFD
10million euros was the figure quoted in a Spanish paper the other day. Anyway by the sounds of it we are happy to have him off the wage bill.

Which is a load of shit if true.

He's on big wages for a reason - he's a top keeper.

We're losing the wages from Carragher, we have trimmed the wage bill last summer. We can't keep lowering the wage bill, selling our best players, unless we do want to become a mid table team.